View Poll Results: Do you feel Player Nations need to leave the game?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yes!

    92 60.53%
  • Heck no!

    21 13.82%
  • Don't care

    6 3.95%
  • We should just change the system to work more fairly

    33 21.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 88

Thread: Remove Player Nations From NA Archeage

  1. #11
    Senior Member Careby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,082
    I liked the game better before there were player nations. Personal preference, and I understand not everyone will agree. I do think some changes would help.

    I think player nations should face more hardships, should have to jump through more hurdles, should have more difficulty making gold then they currently do. To make it a harder choice for players weighing the pros and cons of leaving their native faction. It should involve more of a sacrifice. It should be where you go when the game has become too easy for you and you need more of a challenge.

    It should be where you go when you have your end game gear, not where you go to get it. After all, these are elite players, right? They can handle it.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    122
    Mmmm ... interesting thread.
    It's true that PN "take" all geared ppl. But why ? Because they can afford content that normal nation most of the time don't/Can't. Because they can take east or west player.
    What can be done to change things ?
    - Maybe no alliance allowed with east/west nation.
    - Allowed a player to move from east to west and west from east.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Rangora
    Posts
    2,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvy View Post
    Mmmm ... interesting thread.
    It's true that PN "take" all geared ppl. But why ? Because they can afford content that normal nation most of the time don't/Can't. Because they can take east or west player.
    What can be done to change things ?
    - Maybe no alliance allowed with east/west nation.
    - Allowed a player to move from east to west and west from east.
    This is standard pirate faction. Pirate nation has good and bad effects. PN has same function without penalty of pirates and it can use advantages of non pirate nations (Castle owners). I think PN is destructive and useless. Keep players than implement this "fun" options! PN is harmful in low population servers.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,044
    The nation system looks bad on paper but in practice it is horrible. It makes zerging easy which ultimately puts all the people who are gear crutching in a massive Zerg. The end result is population collapse because a lot of people quit when they are denied most content.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by mikroman View Post
    This is standard pirate faction. Pirate nation has good and bad effects. PN has same function without penalty of pirates and it can use advantages of non pirate nations (Castle owners). I think PN is destructive and useless. Keep players than implement this "fun" options! PN is harmful in low population servers.
    By "Allowed a player to move from east to west" I mean move his character (Elf become firan). That's mean you can play with new friend you make, change balance on a server if you want, ...
    Reasons why ppl go to PN is also to be able to play with friends from other faction. (not the only reason but one of them)

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Golden Ruins (24/7)
    Posts
    292
    nahhhh
    hahahahadeadgamehahahaha


    hahahahaPVP2HARDhahahaha



    allmyfriendsquit

  7. #17
    Senior Member Yiffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    The nation system looks bad on paper but in practice it is horrible. It makes zerging easy which ultimately puts all the people who are gear crutching in a massive Zerg. The end result is population collapse because a lot of people quit when they are denied most content.
    The main thing to remember here, is that player nations are overpowered because NA Archeage has the lowest population of any Archeage Servers I believe. Player nations only work in KR and EU because they still maintain a fairly healthy population of east and west.

    Player Nations here suck from east and west the most active/geared/skilled players, leaving only a few of those, and maybe some scrub guilds behind. How can 50 undergeared underskilled west take on 200 geared skilled and active player nation players?

    There's no way.
    Ruby | Nui Fresh Start| ⭐️ Ponrisu | Kyrios |

  8. #18
    Senior Member Yiffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvy View Post
    Mmmm ... interesting thread.
    It's true that PN "take" all geared ppl. But why ? Because they can afford content that normal nation most of the time don't/Can't. Because they can take east or west player.
    What can be done to change things ?
    - Maybe no alliance allowed with east/west nation.
    - Allowed a player to move from east to west and west from east.

    But East and West could easily do that content if they weren't being content blocked by Playernations. :B
    Ruby | Nui Fresh Start| ⭐️ Ponrisu | Kyrios |

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    287
    thread is irrelevant before there were player nations there were pirates and before there were pirates there were alliances. If people want to play together they will. It doesn't matter if im east / west / pirate / nation the reason i win is because IM BETTER THAN YOU.
    < DISASTER WORLD CHAMPS >

  10. #20
    Senior Member Yiffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    121
    They did say there would be trolls.. lol
    Ruby | Nui Fresh Start| ⭐️ Ponrisu | Kyrios |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts