View Poll Results: Do you feel Player Nations need to leave the game?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yes!

92 61.33%
  • Heck no!

21 14.00%
  • Don't care

6 4.00%
  • We should just change the system to work more fairly

31 20.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove Player Nations From NA Archeage

Quote Originally Posted by Yrgna View Post
    thread is irrelevant before there were player nations there were pirates and before there were pirates there were alliances. If people want to play together they will. It doesn't matter if im east / west / pirate / nation the reason i win is because IM BETTER THAN YOU.
    There is no physical way east and west and pirates can coordinate together. Aoe attacks hit everyone. And you don't have time to pay attention to who is who, because anyone not same faction appears red to you. How can you tell the east and pirates apart? Or the west and pirates apart? You can't.

Not to mention, player nations can have 200 players if they have at least 3 castles, which they tend to. 200 people is 4 full raids worth of people. Guild cap on west is 100. Two raids against four raids. Two UNDERGEARED and for the most part underskilled raids at that, against four mostly geared skillful raids. Because, on Salphira at least, no west guild fills up even 1/4th of a raid by themselves at any given time.

Plus, pirates can't show up to halcy and cr gr and deny you that content like Green Card/OP on Salphira does to the west if they're feeling like it. In fact, the player nation showed up to Mistmerrow and helped the East win yesterday. They didn't cap anything for themselves, they just prevented west from capping anything. It's content blocking, and it's against the spirit of the game in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanLeviathan View Post
    1. Pirates get sent to jail on land, true. That doesn't apply anywhere other than the main continents, meaning the only thing a pirate can really do is RD. PN isn't gonna stop every CR/GR, just go to a later one if it bothers you that much.

2. I'm at 4.7k gs, and while a 7k DR might be able to stunlock me and kill me with some lucky crits, if there's 10 people at 5k gs, and no one can CC this one person, you're all hopeless regardless.

3. If you don't think I can make that much, then you clearly haven't looked at the trade system in depth. And you don't need to be on everyday, or spend 2 hours at a time. But I promise you, there are plenty of people that CAN do that, who spend even more time than I do, and get much less done. And if you're not using your time wisely, that's on you.

4. I pay a sub. I don't swipe. 15$ a month isn't much for me to fork over; I've played other MMO's and didn't have a choice then, so 15$ now is not much for me to pay, and I'm certain that considering WoW still has several million players that there are plenty of people who can afford to fork over 15$ and not necessarily want to pay more than that.

5. If you're needing to spend hundreds of thousands of gold to upgrade your gear, you already have a high gearscore. Most people are not at this level yet, so they don't need to spend as much, you completely missed that. DIMINISHING RETURNS.

6. Is there even a nation that's currently holding castles on more than one server?

7. I've been East and have teamed up with West to fight pirates. It takes coordination, but it's not impossible. Get on TS/Discord together and figure it out.

8. That sounds like someone who doesn't deserve to win complaining about losing. I've literally been East on every server I've played since before the first set of merges, and on literally every server, the East has gotten its ♥♥♥♥ pushed in like nobody's business, and I never bothered trying to join the enemy. Where's the fun in that?
    1. The point is that while content blocking does happen, it is not as much of a problem as it is when they don't get sent to jail so that it becomes available. If the PN on my server specifically felt like it, west would never have another GR/CR again. That shouldn't be able to happen.

2. Some cc's get immunity after, and not everyone plays a class with cc, and not every cc will work. It gets especially hard if that one PN guys has a single pocket healer at a decent gearscore. Healers are unkillable to a group of 4k gs's. Let alone a 6k dps can't kill a healer half the time. Healers OP atm. For example, there's this guy loot/finn on Salphira who was merking 10 CoK peeps on freedich with complete ease. They obviously aren't that fantastic in PvP as a known RP guild, (Not ♥♥♥♥ting on them because they're all fantastic people) but still. Those 4k gs's got two shot by him. And DR's/ShadowBlades/Blade Dancers have WAY too much mobility for most people to get cc or multiple cc's off on them. It is a known fact that gear has way too much sway when you reach a certain point. Not to mention, mages can kill most anyone with just gods whip. In divine cloth I still get one shot by 7k mages. There's no "you're bad at the game" at that point. If a skill one shots me in a full divine set, it one shots me. That shouldn't happen, period.

3. I never said you couldn't make that much, just that not everyone has enough time to do even a single trade run every day. And if you want to move your full labor caps worth, you'll need to make multiple runs, unless on a merch, which then constitutes as no longer a safe run. And there are people who have that time and the help and ships necessary, but a lot of people simply don't have that available as an option. And those that do still only make around half or less of what a PN player gets just for attending content.

4. It's not something that we can debate since neither of us really knows exact figures or statistics on how many are free to play ect ect, but anecdotally speaking, most people i've met/known, pay one sub fee, and use that to get patron for free after that.

5. Many people in player nations are at this point. Many of them are starting to get Erenor gear, and throwing divines/ect at it. Erenor is the best gear for most people atm, and it is unavailable completely to a large chunk of the AA population.

6. No, but that's because of mergers. The faction DS bases have to be rebuilt, and then a claiming/siege period on the sunday following. But once it happens I guarantee GreenCard (on my sever) will snag at least 2-4 castles. They wiped pokemon and Outplayed with ease in most PvP i've been witness to.

7. Again, it's nearly impossible to avoid friendly fire on land in mass raid PvP.

8. It's how most people feel. Why would someone willingly play on the side they know can never win, you know? It's discouraging, and seems like a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeroah View Post
    There is no physical way east and west and pirates can coordinate together. Aoe attacks hit everyone. And you don't have time to pay attention to who is who, because anyone not same faction appears red to you. How can you tell the east and pirates apart? Or the west and pirates apart? You can't.

Not to mention, player nations can have 200 players if they have at least 3 castles, which they tend to. 200 people is 4 full raids worth of people. Guild cap on west is 100. Two raids against four raids. Two UNDERGEARED and for the most part underskilled raids at that, against four mostly geared skillful raids. Because, on Salphira at least, no west guild fills up even 1/4th of a raid by themselves at any given time.

Plus, pirates can't show up to halcy and cr gr and deny you that content like Green Card/OP on Salphira does to the west if they're feeling like it. In fact, the player nation showed up to Mistmerrow and helped the East win yesterday. They didn't cap anything for themselves, they just prevented west from capping anything. It's content blocking, and it's against the spirit of the game in my opinion.
    Of course you can... This is heavily reliant on not being braindead though and actually looking at your screen and who you are hitting, so i can understand why you consider this impossible. But it actually doesnt matter what color thundahawk is red green blue purple pink orange... if i use my big brain and my eyeballs i can manage to see his name and not hit him.

Nobody has 4 raids worth of people in archeage. 99% of the time nobody even has 2 raids. but even if this many people existed there is no difference between a nation of nuians and a nation of nation people. The guild size is the same and this would just be how many guilds fighting how many guilds. In fact the nation is always at a disadvantage in this due to only being able to have 200 max while nuians could have many many more in theory.

You can always show up. Its not like if you are pirate and you touch land you go to jail... you still have to be killed. If you fight back harder than they fight you will win eventually. If you curl up into a ball and cry you will not.
    < DISASTER WORLD CHAMPS >

Can we also remove guilds while were at it?? I mean they can have up to 100 people in the same guild, they can band 2 raid of 50 people together and i'm here all alone fighting them. This is so unfair man.
    IT'S A <DISASTER>

retired -2016

if everyone could form a line so i can 1v1 you in an orderly fashion that would be great Kappa
    < DISASTER WORLD CHAMPS >

Quote Originally Posted by DeanLeviathan View Post
    2. I'm at 4.7k gs, and while a 7k DR might be able to stunlock me and kill me with some lucky crits, if there's 10 people at 5k gs, and no one can CC this one person, you're all hopeless regardless.
    Now let me see, you are 5k+- dps staff mage and that dr has legendary nodachi, guess what you has been one shotted. You are not wearing plate and shield? Bam, one shot. Not to count possibility of shortspear and axe. You meet mage with legendary+ staff? Bam, you are dead in single arc lightning unless you are cloth. All of this depends on weapon of choice of that particullar DPS. I know enough ppl with 7k+ gs that are lame noobs with gear, but those who knows what class they play, and how to maximize dmg will kill you with one single burst, most likely in first 1-2 shots from it.
    Name: Riiu
    Guild: <Bratrstvo>
    Fraction: Haranya
    Server: Retribution

I am potato, and I am proud of it.

I'm not against the concept of a PN, I can see the benefits and appeal from an end-game perspective and as a goal/reward for players with high GS etc.

however, just based on my own observation, I believe the current mechanics have had significant negative results:
    1. the GS gap between top GS players and others are significantly increase, by two-fold at least; i.e. what used to be a 1.5k gap is now more like 3k gap.
    2. the ability to make gold at a reasonable pace, especially through access to abyssal and ocean pack runs for non-PN players is also reduced, hence resulting in pt No 1
    3. Access to Lord coins/castle - big problem here, especially when one PN owns ALL the castles, this further compounds problem No 1
    4. Even for players who don't care about GS and PvP, their ability to make gold through trade runs or growing mats is affected, because of the shift in the demand/offer balance of the economy.
    Being able to get Lord Coins and access to territory workbench to make blazing items concerns me in particular. If a single PN owns all the castle and only builds 1 or 2 then all the other castles are essentially wasted. Then we are back to issue No 1, the rest of the people can't gear themselves up and fall further behind.

What I would like to see is a limit as to how many castles a single PN can own and an imposed timeframe to build the castles owned.
    since from what I was told there is no use in having castle workbenches up for LC quests once the castle is build then there should either be some incentives to do so or penalties for not doing so, in order to encourage people to get a work permit and do LC quests.

The qty of LCs that can be earned by non-PN players is also way too low. we shouldn't have the need to take a bus-load of alts to earn enough LCs to get our gear and/or buy the seeds for the territory plants etc.

If you are getting oneshot, and there's literally nothing you can do EVER, and every single person in a PN can kill you with one ability, YOU are doing something wrong. You either geared wrong, are playing an awful class, or just haven't bothered putting in as much effort. And complaining to have the game changed for you is selfish.

I started this game on Lucius, got my ♥♥♥ handed to me by NaCl for months, transferred to Kyrios, got my ♥♥♥ handed to me by pirates AND West for months, transferred to Hanure, got my ♥♥♥ handed to me by Barcode for months, and guess what? I have had to change something, learn, improve every single time, and I have literally never been in a guild that was freefarming a server. I have had to get my own gear, and find ways for me to contribute to make sure that even if I die much faster than most people because I have a crap gearscore, I still do enough that I'm worth bringing along. I make sure that I switch classes on a dime, I make sure I pot up for everything I can afford to so that I'm not sitting at the end of things thinking "omg, muh gs" or "omg, dr is broken".

If you can't fight a PN who is limited to 200 people with the ENTIRETY OF THE REST OF THE SERVER, you don't deserve to win. And you need to get better until you can win. This game is tough, and you're gonna need to try a LITTLE harder than you usually do to make progress. Player Nations aren't the problem. It's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiffer View Post
    The main thing to remember here, is that player nations are overpowered because NA Archeage has the lowest population of any Archeage Servers I believe. Player nations only work in KR and EU because they still maintain a fairly healthy population of east and west.

Player Nations here suck from east and west the most active/geared/skilled players, leaving only a few of those, and maybe some scrub guilds behind. How can 50 undergeared underskilled west take on 200 geared skilled and active player nation players?

There's no way.
    Situation on EU servers is the same as what I'm reading on this thread. Active population on EU is very low. On EU Shatigon I'd say 50-150 active players (depending on day/hour) including PN.

My guess is that Trion is letting the legacy servers die so they can launch a brand new freshstart that will appeal all casual people and the whales that want new sheeps to farm.

Silly suggestion from a loser in the current system. The nation system doesn't work too well in *our* archeage environment due to the player mentality (I WANNA BE ON THE WINNING TEAM!!11). The concept itself is fine, its just the players who are to blame.
    Sakuracalli (West)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast