+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Costume crafting guide

Costume crafting guide

Greetings everyone. Today I had decided to make a basic guide for costumes and how to upgrade them.

Basic understanding:
    There are costumes and undergarments, split into 4 subtypes:
    Healing, Magic, Melee, Ranged. Depending on stats that you want to acquire you need to choose a specific type of a costume.

Undergarments have attack/healing stat that follows the name of a costume (ranged undergarments get ranged attack only).
    Costumes have crit stats that are equal to name of costume, however they can get all 4 healing/attack stats, but at different grades and different chance of success (ranged costume has ranged attack from arcane and higher, rest of the attack stats come on legendary)

Costumes come in grades grand - eternal.
    Different stats come at different grades. (“type” = name of costume)
    Costumes and undergarments unlock additional stats at following grades:
    • 1st stat - Grand
    • 2nd stat - Arcane
    • 3rd stat - Heroic
    • 4th stat - Unique
    • 5th stat - Legendary
    Upon upgrading you can make 1 reroll on each stat, new stats assigned randomly.
    IMPORTANT. There is a priority in stat rerolls, stats lower on the list have several times higher priority than ones at the top. Make sure you check rerolling part of the guide.

Costumes stats and order in which they unlock.
    • Grand: Physical defense / Max health / Magic defense / Move speed / Stealth detection / PvE “type” skills / backstab “type” damage / Received dmg
    • Arcane: “type” attack / PvE damage reduction / Received healing / focus
      (please note that some stats on the list are actually non-existent, such as backstab for other types of costumes, I believe that is game translation error)
    • Heroic: Cast time
    • Unique: Evasion / Toughness / Melee parry rate / Shield block rate / Resilience
    • Celestial: Defense penetration / Magic defense penetration
    • Divine: Received magic damage / Received melee damage / Received ranged damage / Critical “type” damage
    • Epic: Skill dmg x4
    • Legendary: Critical “type” rate / Other types of basic dmg (for ranged costume, healing power/ melee attack / magic attack)

Costume stats @ eternal 100%
    Max health - 1550
    Defense - 1210
    Move speed - 5%
    Stealth detection - 28%
    PvE Skills - 7.4%
    Backstab dmg - 8.2%
    Recieved dmg (universal) - 3.8%
    PvE Damage Reduction - 5.1%
    (there are some "fake stats", dont mix with "fake news", such as pve dmg for other types / backstabs in list)
    Attack - 47.5
    Recieved Healing 11%
    Focus - 960
    Toughness - 295
    Melee parry rate - 3.5%
    Shield block rate - 2.8%
    Resilience - 910%
    Evasion - 3.5%
    Cast Time - 4.6% (fake stat in stat order, comes @ heroic with recieved healing)
    Defense Penetration 755
    Recieved Magic Damage - 3.1%
    Recieved Melee Damage - 3.1%
    Recieved Ranged Damage - 3.1%
    Critical damage - 11.8%
    Skill dmg X4 - 3.6%
    Other attack stats - 47.5 (not on name of costume)
    Crit rate - 5.4%

Undergarments stats:
    • Grand: Physical defense / Magic defense / “Type” attack / Max health / “Type” backstab (healing = magic)
    • Arcane: Resilience / Focus / Toughness / Magic defense penetration / Defense penetration
    • Unique: Received magic damage / Received melee damage / Received Ranged damage / Shield defense penetration rate
    • Divine: Skill dmg x4
    • Legendary: Crit rate x4

Undergarment stats @ eternal 100%

Physical defense - 723
    Max Health - 930
    Backstab Damage - 7.9%
    Attack - 21.8
    Resilience - 824
    Focus - 660
    Toughness 373
    Magic defense penetration - 522
    Defense penetration - 522
    Recieved Magic Damage - 6.7%
    Recieved Melee Damage - 6.7%
    Recieved Ranged Damage - 6.7%
    Shield defense penetration rate 12% (this stat only works with 2h!)
    Skill dmg x4 different - 3.8%
    Crit rate x4 different - 4.8%

Edit: Remember that basic attack / defense / health values on undergarments are much lower than on costume!
    % stats like skill dmg / crit rate have much better scaling in comparison, same for recieved dmg (but you cant get universal)

Enchants&Gems for costumes and undergarments

For costume you can aquiare Orchidna's Dream Lunafrost that gives you 60 pdef/mdef that stacks 7 times when attacked. Available via 300 merit badge or wrapped version via account page bundles (usually under 1k @ AH).

For undergarments there are special stones available in honor shop, 15k honor for 15 stat of your choice.

Upgrading undergarments does NOT remove socketed gems, so you can socket them as you like, they only fit the Defense pen / Attack speed / Cast time gems.

Aquiring basic costumes and undergarments
    Both available via gilda star and guild prestige. Costumes 200 prestige or 200 gilda. The undergarments 200 gilda only.

Please note, that there is a cheaper way to get undergarments that is evenbard NPC that spawns @ night at certain locations, that allows you to get them with FFA arena badges.

Why would you want to craft it yourself?

That is an explanation - it only costs 14k to make your own costume, rest comes from rerolls, from my own experience, it only takes up to 30 rerolls on average to get desirable stats (once again its RNG, sometimes its 0, sometimes its 100), 30 is the average.
    I crafted hundreds and hundreds of legendary costumes, right now its time to retire

Spreadsheet
    Updated the spreadsheet a little bit, now it uses charcoal and some minor tweaks with text etc
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Two things I want to say, if you wanna continue updating it, feel free to post better version over here.
    Second, I am not sure who was original author of a calculator for synthium, with drop down menus etc (top left part), but I liked it and kept it in my calculations, though its not necessary.

Addiotionally now you can do all calculations in bottom left corner aswell. Show profit per labor and other things. Obviously spreadsheet covers all except for rerolls for the costumes.

Edit prices in D18-34 to see prices for individual stones.
    B38-40 for AH prices.
    C row will show you profits compared to craft costs according to D cost mats, D will show profit per labor.
    Also you can calculate entire cost of legendary costume by editing prices at K20-K23. R17 will show you final price, or add materials that you have and check for price with materials (it subtracts the AH cost of materials you have out of calculation cost).

Note: if you edit experience/grade of costume, whole thing will break, I didn't have time, nor will I fix it so use it wisely

Hope that helps!

In order to craft your own I will split the crafting in 3 stages: Preparation, Crafting, Rerolling. Please note that some of the stages might be mixed/repeated.

Preparation.

Most crucial part of the crafting, you need to know exact 5 stats that you want to have on your costume or undergarments. I will always follow 2 paths on my examples.

Example C1:
    Ranged costume with 5 offensive stats.
    Those would be - Ranged attack / Defense penetration / Ranged Critical damage / Ranged skill dmg / Ranged critical rate

Example U1:
    Magic undergarments full offense, 4 offense, 1 tank stat.
    Magic attack / Magic defense penetration / Resilience / Magic skill dmg / Magic crit rate

Once you know stats that you want, you would need to get a cheap starting costume, that could be an arcane heroic costume or undergarments with needed stats from auction house for material cost and up to +1k gold (that is my personal amount that I pay)
    or just basic undergarments.

Next step - obtain the materials at average auction house cost, personally I recommend buying clear synthium shards, combining those into stones and upgrading it up.

Misagons / Charcoal stabilizer farm / buy on auction house.
    Please note that you need large quantities and you do not want to buy it all at once.
    For a legendary costume you would need:
    • 1800 clear shards or 180 clear stones (or higher grade);
    • 212 misagons;
    • 1720 charcoal;
    • 3096 gold craft cost for stones, using own house.
    Materials if you use clear shards only.

Crafting.

Once you have stats, align them by the order at which they appear, you would want to get those stats as soon as possible, without going for next stage

Example C2:

You craft a random ranged costume to arcane, you don’t get ranged attack, there are no new stats on heroic, you can upgrade for an extra stat reroll
    If you get ranged attack, you can craft it up. If you don’t get needed stat

Either reroll (next part of article) or upgrade to unique, see if you get a stat randomly (since you get 2 random stats, 1 from reroll and 1 extra stat) and salvage it if it fails. That will cost you 1000g of materials and you can start over.

Next step is celestial or divine, personally I go all the way to divine since you don’t get many random new stats, reroll until I get both defense penetration / critical damage

Upgrade it to epic, reroll ranged skill dmg
    Upgrade to legendary, reroll for ranged crit rate.

Alternatively you can make it legendary-eternal and try to reroll all those stats at once, both ways have nearly same outcomes.

Example U2:
    Same as ranged costume, but more stages
    Grand-rare:
    Try to get magic attack, since it's only available stat
    Restart on new undergarments if needed, since cost of undergarments at this point is cheaper than rerolls
    Once you have desired stat, make the undergarments heroic
    Reroll or restart to get magic defense penetration + resilience.
    Make it epic (for 2 natural attempts for skill dmg), reroll magic skill dmg.
    Upgrade to legendary and reroll magic critical rate.

Same as ranged example, you can make it higher tier and reroll last 2 stats.

Rerolling.

I place a separate part about it, to explain mechanics behind the costume reroll system.
    As stated above, different stats appear at different grades, the lower the stat in the list, the higher priority of a stat. Meaning @ legendary you are more likely to hit random attack stat + critical rate than any other stat on the list.

That is why you get needed stats when they have higher priority, please note that it is not 10% higher chance, that is several times more likely chance to roll those stats.
    You would not be able to reliably reroll Pdef at legendary unless you are just crazy lucky with RNG, in most cases you are better off starting new costume and getting old one salvaged. (if you need one of the first stats @ really high grade)

Ways to obtain rerolls are (cheapest to most expensive):
    • Bound serendipity stones from marketplace limited pack);
    • Login badges;
    • 300 loyalty bound serendipity stones;
    • Wrapped serendipity stones.

All methods have pros and cons, I only consider first 2 as reliable sources of rerolls.
    Login badges - you need to trust the person to trade costume or ask for colatheral (150-250g per reroll)
    Synthium crates - you need to sell synthium afterwards (atm easy) / (profit from using login badge- up to 100g price)

Salvaging:

Use brilliant mornstone to extract synthium shards out of your costume, you get 40-75% depending on costume grade. Item available at general vendor. If you use eventstone, you would get 1-3 starlight essences instead.
    Arcane: 60 clear / 60 vivid
    Heroic: 60 clear / 160 vivid
    Unique: 60 clear / 200 vivid / 140 lucid
    Celestial: 60 Clear / 230 Vivid / 310 Lucid
    Divine: 60 Clear / 230 Vivid / 530 Lucid
    Legendary: 60 / 230 / 770 / 260(?) Not sure about amount
    Mythic salvage: 60 clear / 230 vivid / 770 lucid / 560 radiant
    Eternal salvage: 60 clear / 230 vivid 770 lucid / 920 radiant
    edit: those are numbers that I remember and was sure about, only grade matters at salvage. Extra % on top doesnt. So if you are certain limit, its more beneficiant to push it to next stage. (i.e. heroic with 8 stones in, you would better to push to unique, since you get 14 lucid stones back anyway and might get better rolls)
    edit2: those materials are not bound, some people asked me about that

Tips&Trics:
    You need to calculate how much certain grades of costumes are worth @ current marketplace prices, you can buy decent stat costumes (with correct stats @ correct grades) for under material costs

You can claim multiple marketplace limited synthium packages. They are 1 per character, on top of it you can actually delete a char, create new one (lvl1) and it will still be available.

TL : DR
    Reroll stats as they come from list I supplied above (as soon as you have space for them)
    Get synthium from marketplace monthly limited crates to get it under 2g clear / under 4g vivid / rerolls under 100g
    For tank costumes etc I need to make a separate post

Thanks for sharing this!

Average costumes:
    Full tank
    Push costumes to unique, any that gets 2-4 stats, start rolling until you get 4/5 stats, please note that you need to leave "highest rank" stat for last.
    Push it to legendary, roll 5th stat. (for example Pdef / Hp / Recieved dmg / Recieved heal / Resilence, you leave resilence for last, since its highest stat, therefore higher chance to roll @ legendary).

5 offense (in examples)

1 defense + 4 offense
    Roll defense stat @ rare
    Push it heroic, get offense stat (healing power or attack stat)
    After it continue like in examples.

2 defense + 3 offense
    Same as above, but roll second defense stat @ heroic (if its resilence @ unique)

Average undergarments:
    Full tank
    Roll defense stats before unique (non recieved dmg)
    Roll all wanted recieved dmg stats except 1 @ celestial
    Push it legendary and roll last recieved dmg (15-20 badges on average)

5 offense (if possible)
    for melee get backstab first (unless you want melee attack + backstab) / for rest get attack stat first
    push it heroic, get focus/defpen/magic def pen/backstab magic dmg (desired offense stats)
    Push epic get skill dmg
    Push legendary - get crit rate

1 defense + 4 offense
    Get offense stat, push arcane, get second stat that you want (if that is not resilence/recieved dmg for tank stat, if it is get to stage of that stat and reroll it)
    After it same as above

Something like that, pretty easy to remember

Edit:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    feel free to create a copy of this document, you can figure what is what.
    Note that I was too lazy to change all formulas for charcoal, so you need to enter 1/4 of charcoal price instead of gilda dust

If you fix M53 - M67 (bold text) you would change values at L74-78 those will show profit based on K column if you want to sell synthium
    p.s. adding this to top

Thanks for posting this, it was (another) grey area of Archage.
    Sakuracalli (West)

Well done, Doomie, this has been needed for quite some time.

Kudos.

(Dreamaway)

N.
    It is the great philosophical concept of trying to find a way beyond the horizon knowing full well you never actually will; the essence of a journey measured not by when but by why and how. Beyond that, I won't explain myself further. Those on the bus will understand, those who isn't will probably not. I'm good with that.

Sadly I broke my costumes / undergarments @ eternal before posting this, so I cant really post the stats, I will ask some friends to screen those for me I guess, I will be updating it further in next weeks

Also will be posting rest of my calculations / spreadsheets that ensure easier stat choice and maybe some other stuff, just really need to figure how many of those are up to date

great guide, thx
    "You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw." - Bill Watterson

Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Archeage is not a PvP game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast