+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: @Dear West, let's chat.

@Dear West, let's chat.

Hey West,

Itís time we have a little chat, if youíre ready to listen. West is awesome but needs a little nudge in the right direction so please listen up and refer your guildies to my post.

Red forces are continually attacking us and the only way we are going to succeed is if you start playing as if you actually want to win.

People bringing multiple alts to CR/GR uncontested is a thing of the past. You are wasting raid slots, you are diverting your attention, and being unable to play. Stop. At least on the primary raids of the night where ďmainsĒ are getting credit. If you are able to pull off alts later on in subsequent raids, cool. If you are able to park an alt somewhere hidden, or just DIE and get credit, and the raid leader is ok with it Ė fine. However, more than likely, we need the raid slot for an able-bodied person, so cut it out with the alts already.

Play more raid friendly roles. Frontline (Abolisher, Skullknight, etc). Range dps (range mage, archer). TANKY healers Ė Hiero has awesome survivability and raid value, Templar has survivability, cleric is the best raid healer IF ALIVE. Low GS healers can go Sooth and chain res res res! Then melee dps. I know you guys want to leap into the fray, because I have a full mdps suit and used to be one of you, but hang back and protect your healers, because you got high GS DRís and SKís leaping into your back lines that need to be killed. You can STILL spec raid friendly! Implosion to bring enemies in for AOE. Lasso to bring long range high priority targets into range, and then trip stun (which has NO COUNTER). Invul glider to get away once you attract too much attention.

These raids, where we wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait for late comers, are only giving enemies time to amass and call for more. I know we have some language differences on Kraken, but please, if you understand this and agree, speak to those who could understand IF you talked to them. Make them understand. No waiting! Raid time is raid time. The more you wait, the more you dilly-dally, the more time you give the enemies to show up and poop on your heads.

I cannot say this enough: Come ready to PVP! There is no such thing as an uncontested raid any more on Kraken. Aegis, Whale, CR, GR, any, and everything will be contested on Kraken. Not just the big bosses like Kraken, RD, DGS, etc. Little stuff too! Daily stuff. The enemies are BORED. They gathered everyone they could and there is nobody for them to fight but you. Bring POTS to buff (listed below), heal pots so you can fill the gap between when your healer can get you up.

Release and get back to raid if you are 55+. Please be helpful to your team. If you see a healer standing over you casting resÖ donít release. Accept a res, itís a time saver. If you see a healer standing on top/nearby, with you targeted, more than likely they are stuck in combat and trying to get out of it to res you. There is nothing more annoying than spending 20+ sec trying to get out of combat, being in mid-cast of full healer res, only to have someoneÖ release. Arghhhh

We canít even X up in nation without reds using ♥♥♥♥ty alts to spy and see what we are doing and then coordinate an alternate attack. We cannot do the same to them barring predictable events as we have no enemy spies. That sucks, itís stupid and lame, but itís part of the Kraken life now. You need to be aware of who the enemies are and you need to be aware and smart. But you can also send tells to leaders of those you know and trust to get raid invites out. I donít know if weíre at this point, it sucks, but it seems very close to me. I really hope it is not because it destroys the spirit of the game, but we may get there one day so prepare for this eventuality and act accordingly.

Last of all, chin up. It sucks for K-Rad D3\/\DZ with twice your Gear Score to just come in and obliterate you, but consider what they are doing in the long run. Consider the lessons you are learning. You are Ďgrowing upí in one of the roughest times Iíve ever seen on Enla and then Kraken in 3 years. They are training you to kick their fracking ♥♥♥♥♥ one day. Every mistake, every death, every wipe is a lesson. Pay attention to your teachers for you shall repay them in kind someday. Though they have had their ♥♥♥♥♥ handed to them many times, the ratio seems not quite adequate yet, but it is happening, so keep the faith!

Lastly stop the stupid infighting. We got raid leader 1 ignoring raid leader 2, both inviting and both creating half-powerful raids. Cooperate more. Cooperate as if you want to win.

I hope that this post does not insult anyone; I really do not know what else to say. Sometimes you have to tell it like it is. I think I have been fair here. I am not without to blame myself. But these things needed to be said. Learn from them, grow from them. Then, kill your enemies from them.

GO WEST

POTS: (copied from TS, not all inclusive)

HP Potions
    Desert Fire / Sweet Starlight (Short Cooldown)
    Nui's Nova / Alluvion Love (Long Cooldown)
    Wild Ginseng (Extremely Long Cooldown)

Mana Potions
    Mossy Pool / Faint Memory (Short Cooldown)
    Kraken's Might / Stormraw Wave (Long Cooldown)

Grimoire's
    Combat Boost: Ward Grimoire: -5% taken
    Fierce Grimoire: -10% cooldowns
    Promise Grimoire: +70 all stats
    Zeal Grimoire: +4% damage/healing
    Combat Boost: Haste Grimoire: +10% move speed

Combat Scrolls
    You can have one of each group

Group 1:
    Combat Scroll: Focus
    Combat Scroll: Resilience
    Combat Scroll: Toughness

Group 2:
    Combat Scroll:Lightning (attack speed proc)
    Combat Scroll:Breakthrough (Mdefense Pen)
    Combat Scroll:Penetration (Pdefense Pen)

Kingdom's Shadow: Defense or Magic Defense or both(less total if both)

Spellbook: Unstoppable Will +attack or -damage taken by flat amount(Good vs archers)

Chronofeather's: (stacks to 3) Buffs many things

Secret Gift: - Attack Speed, Cast Speed and Skill Damage.

Dawn of Glory: Toughness recommended for most (honor potion)

Zena, Valau Runes + Fortuna Die (damage taken > HP)

Jujube Juice: (Max HP)
    Jujube Sparkling Wine: (Max MP)

Assorted Ribs: (Food buff, base stats)

Rainbow Pumpkin Taffy: +30 all stats

Brisk Dwarven Elixir (Move Speed)
    Vexxen of Kraken
    Hierophant, Darkrunner, Inquisitor, Argent
    #Enla Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxen View Post
    Hey West,

It’s time we have a little chat, if you’re ready to listen. West is awesome but needs a little nudge in the right direction so please listen up and refer your guildies to my post.

Red forces are continually attacking us and the only way we are going to succeed is if you start playing as if you actually want to win.

People bringing multiple alts to CR/GR uncontested is a thing of the past. You are wasting raid slots, you are diverting your attention, and being unable to play. Stop. At least on the primary raids of the night where “mains” are getting credit. If you are able to pull off alts later on in subsequent raids, cool. If you are able to park an alt somewhere hidden, or just DIE and get credit, and the raid leader is ok with it – fine. However, more than likely, we need the raid slot for an able-bodied person, so cut it out with the alts already.

Play more raid friendly roles. Frontline (Abolisher, Skullknight, etc). Range dps (range mage, archer). TANKY healers – Hiero has awesome survivability and raid value, Templar has survivability, cleric is the best raid healer IF ALIVE. Low GS healers can go Sooth and chain res res res! Then melee dps. I know you guys want to leap into the fray, because I have a full mdps suit and used to be one of you, but hang back and protect your healers, because you got high GS DR’s and SK’s leaping into your back lines that need to be killed. You can STILL spec raid friendly! Implosion to bring enemies in for AOE. Lasso to bring long range high priority targets into range, and then trip stun (which has NO COUNTER). Invul glider to get away once you attract too much attention.

These raids, where we wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait for late comers, are only giving enemies time to amass and call for more. I know we have some language differences on Kraken, but please, if you understand this and agree, speak to those who could understand IF you talked to them. Make them understand. No waiting! Raid time is raid time. The more you wait, the more you dilly-dally, the more time you give the enemies to show up and poop on your heads.

I cannot say this enough: Come ready to PVP! There is no such thing as an uncontested raid any more on Kraken. Aegis, Whale, CR, GR, any, and everything will be contested on Kraken. Not just the big bosses like Kraken, RD, DGS, etc. Little stuff too! Daily stuff. The enemies are BORED. They gathered everyone they could and there is nobody for them to fight but you. Bring POTS to buff (listed below), heal pots so you can fill the gap between when your healer can get you up.

Release and get back to raid if you are 55+. Please be helpful to your team. If you see a healer standing over you casting res… don’t release. Accept a res, it’s a time saver. If you see a healer standing on top/nearby, with you targeted, more than likely they are stuck in combat and trying to get out of it to res you. There is nothing more annoying than spending 20+ sec trying to get out of combat, being in mid-cast of full healer res, only to have someone… release. Arghhhh

We can’t even X up in nation without reds using ♥♥♥♥ty alts to spy and see what we are doing and then coordinate an alternate attack. We cannot do the same to them barring predictable events as we have no enemy spies. That sucks, it’s stupid and lame, but it’s part of the Kraken life now. You need to be aware of who the enemies are and you need to be aware and smart. But you can also send tells to leaders of those you know and trust to get raid invites out. I don’t know if we’re at this point, it sucks, but it seems very close to me. I really hope it is not because it destroys the spirit of the game, but we may get there one day so prepare for this eventuality and act accordingly.

Last of all, chin up. It sucks for K-Rad D3\/\DZ with twice your Gear Score to just come in and obliterate you, but consider what they are doing in the long run. Consider the lessons you are learning. You are ‘growing up’ in one of the roughest times I’ve ever seen on Enla and then Kraken in 3 years. They are training you to kick their fracking ♥♥♥♥♥ one day. Every mistake, every death, every wipe is a lesson. Pay attention to your teachers for you shall repay them in kind someday. Though they have had their ♥♥♥♥♥ handed to them many times, the ratio seems not quite adequate yet, but it is happening, so keep the faith!

Lastly stop the stupid infighting. We got raid leader 1 ignoring raid leader 2, both inviting and both creating half-powerful raids. Cooperate more. Cooperate as if you want to win.

I hope that this post does not insult anyone; I really do not know what else to say. Sometimes you have to tell it like it is. I think I have been fair here. I am not without to blame myself. But these things needed to be said. Learn from them, grow from them. Then, kill your enemies from them.

GO WEST

POTS: (copied from TS, not all inclusive)

HP Potions
    Desert Fire / Sweet Starlight (Short Cooldown)
    Nui's Nova / Alluvion Love (Long Cooldown)
    Wild Ginseng (Extremely Long Cooldown)

Mana Potions
    Mossy Pool / Faint Memory (Short Cooldown)
    Kraken's Might / Stormraw Wave (Long Cooldown)

Grimoire's
    Combat Boost: Ward Grimoire: -5% taken
    Fierce Grimoire: -10% cooldowns
    Promise Grimoire: +70 all stats
    Zeal Grimoire: +4% damage/healing
    Combat Boost: Haste Grimoire: +10% move speed

Combat Scrolls
    You can have one of each group

Group 1:
    Combat Scroll: Focus
    Combat Scroll: Resilience
    Combat Scroll: Toughness

Group 2:
    Combat Scroll:Lightning (attack speed proc)
    Combat Scroll:Breakthrough (Mdefense Pen)
    Combat Scroll:Penetration (Pdefense Pen)

Kingdom's Shadow: Defense or Magic Defense or both(less total if both)

Spellbook: Unstoppable Will +attack or -damage taken by flat amount(Good vs archers)

Chronofeather's: (stacks to 3) Buffs many things

Secret Gift: - Attack Speed, Cast Speed and Skill Damage.

Dawn of Glory: Toughness recommended for most (honor potion)

Zena, Valau Runes + Fortuna Die (damage taken > HP)

Jujube Juice: (Max HP)
    Jujube Sparkling Wine: (Max MP)

Assorted Ribs: (Food buff, base stats)

Rainbow Pumpkin Taffy: +30 all stats

Brisk Dwarven Elixir (Move Speed)
    the Chronofeather's: (stacks to 3) Buffs many things is from a past event cant been aquired i got some but ill only use them for siege or important stuff not for GR or cr and event DS pvp tbh but that a great post
    Aaarroooooooooooo

Wow, amazing

While there's more advice to be offered, I will simply add this:

Please show respect and humility to both your allies, and your enemies. "♥♥♥♥talking" is just a form of bigotry, and we all know that only begets more of the same as others get 'triggered'. Please understand that not everyone feels the same ways about everything - And know that on both sides (or at least this one) there are some people who actively call out to reduce or stop such insults/harassment.

Also, don't be afraid to find a teacher. Or at least a sparring partner or two. Practice makes perfect.

Kraken's #1 Argent Storyteller.

Quote Originally Posted by Rururu View Post
    There are some targets which are simply not ideal to attack when they are aware of your presence.

This yata say

Just treat all other players like human beings who might be able to punch you in the face one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunwalker0347 View Post
    Just treat all other players like human beings who might be able to punch you in the face one day.
    Oh I did, thats why we are in a PN to play with our true friends ��

Quote Originally Posted by Lancet View Post
    Please show respect and humility to both your allies, and your enemies. "♥♥♥♥talking" is just a form of bigotry, and we all know that only begets more of the same as others get 'triggered'. Please understand that not everyone feels the same ways about everything - And know that on both sides (or at least this one) there are some people who actively call out to reduce or stop such insults/harassment.
    You cant be BM day in and day out and then expect folks to show respect and humility in return. It simply does not work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunwalker0347 View Post
    If players in online games did that it would be like living in an alternate universe. I wouldn't recognize the only reality I've known since my first online game. I don't know how you are going to sell that idea to all those who seem to play games as if their sole motivation is to insult others. Especially in a game where there are some people with busy lives with a chance to play 1-3 times a month but have the audacity to participate in AA events regardless of gear scores 2k-4k. Players that level of casual due to little spare time and don't buy into the idea one has to swipe in order to have fun are told they are garbage and shouldn't play AA in the first place. AA community doesn't give players the impression it's a game for all who want to participate. It's only a game for those who have a time commitment or financial backing that the hardcore players believe deserves to play. If you have a lot of time to dedicate to a game but merely new to AA, you are also considered garbage and/or an alt by your active peers because you are not yet level 55 or reached 4.5 gear score yet. For players that want to cry dead server, want more merges or a new Fresh Start hoping for a higher population it's probably not in your best interest to discourage new players by calling them trash alts because they are level 48 with 1.8k gear score. It might actually make sense to be inclusive of players instead of exclusive so not to be part of the problems that drive people to quit playing. This of course falls on deaf ears as the saying goes because those who's greatest pleasure in AA is pointing out who ever they can find that fits their definition of "garbage" would say the game is better off without all those who aren't as dedicated in time and gear score as them.

It's a good dream though, playing a game with decent human beings. Not even nice human beings, just decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    You cant be BM day in and day out and then expect folks to show respect and humility in return. It simply does not work that way.
    Nice... why do you wonder why Latinus has a “thing” against West then? Oh nvm you are too new to the server... But I don’t mind taking some time to tell you some funny stories ��

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    BM? Battle Mage?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast