+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Content... Which we have not gotten yet... Still waiting for Trion's announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    Maybe if they stopped making ♥♥♥♥ events that no one likes and actually fixed some of the stuff we had to be fun for way more people we wouldn't be seeing 'ded game' spammed every time someone asks a question in chat.
    Lol yup

But instead we just get BigJob.

Quote Originally Posted by Empyreus View Post
    unfortunately it takes more than one bad game in a portfolio to make a company go bust.

odd as it is to Say on games trion has developed and published, they are MUCH better. For instance, take Rift, they are/were VERY quick at fixing issues and good at content delivery as well back when i played up until 2014.

But of course designing and fixing something YOU have done fromt he ground up is quite a bit different than coming in behind someone else while being constrained.

But seriously Trion in Rift and Trion in AA is almost night and day.
    I don't find that at all. After they stabbed everyone in the back selling them subscriptions with a decent year long deal and then turning around and switching free to play cash shop treadmill Rift went way down hill. End of Nations was shut down, Defiance is mostly a flop, Trove seems to be holding it's own, Atlas Reactor doesn't seem popular at all, and ArcheAge is slowly declining as people give up . . .

It doesn't seem like a home run hitting company.

Edit... forgot devillian, but I haven't heard many good things there either.

-Rift had SO much potential. Then they added the cash shop and never optimized their game.
    -Defiance was limited to the show's release schedule (which also failed because of horrible writing).
    -Trove/atlas I do not consider to be anything other than quick cash grabs.

I really don't want Archeage to die but when more than 50% of your dev stream is advertising some crappy yata costumes you have to wonder what direction they're taking the game in. And ffs, can we please at least get a hotfix on the Kirby event? I hope they use the test servers to their fullest extent and catch these horrible bugs before pushing them to the live servers.

Jesus 50% just for the stupid pink jams? Seriously trion? Who was there gallavanting around? Do they ever even play on the streams? Or would we see whether or not they are bad, and thus opt out?

Swear, what am I doing with my life.

Just BigJobbin' It.

-Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    This is really the problem. People don't play arena cause it's kinda trash. We need more stuff in the open to do, not garbage instances.

Take even just the DGS mechanics. Right now they spawn in static locations at specific times so you have to be online at that time and with a group big enough to contest it against the free farm group. That content is basically off limits for every player.

If instead they were toned down a bit, spawned up to 4 in the world at once, had 100+ spawn locations, the rewards were pretty decent, and each one of the 4 spawn at a random amount of time between 2-4 hours after the last one died... so think of like regular ghost ships on steroids so that more people can actually participate. You'd have people out there hunting the ocean all the time...

Almost all of the systems in the game are designed with server destruction and fresh starts in mind to keep the cash ship treadmill going rather than fun stuff to do all over the world for people.
    thats what sunkens are.
    Aria - Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by luniz View Post
    thats what sunkens are.
    Except sunken ships barely pay out at all. DGS is funneling thousands of gold to the strongest group on every server. The sunken ships barely even compete with safe zone trade packs on a per labor basis.

What about the sunken chests, or the coordinates you can farm or get off the AH (I hope those aren't the same thing). Are those a reliable source of coin? Can people find them and farm all day every day? Do they run out? Respawn on a timer? Does the number of chests that can be spawned/found each day reset at a certain time each day? Like the daily reset time (5 pm pst) or 11 pm (loyalty timer)?

If this was a legit source of coin I think we might see a few more people getting their feet wet, but I dunno much about it.

Anyone wanna give away all the trade secrets?

Quote Originally Posted by Yed View Post
    Is what we think at every patch, yet here we are waiting 6 months for a new update that doesn't even bring anything new except a ♥♥♥♥ty arena and rehashed systems. 4.5 will be very far away.
    if you haven't noticed a pattern yet, but every patch seems to be just rehashed systems

Quote Originally Posted by Alphacake View Post
    What about the sunken chests, or the coordinates you can farm or get off the AH (I hope those aren't the same thing). Are those a reliable source of coin? Can people find them and farm all day every day? Do they run out? Respawn on a timer? Does the number of chests that can be spawned/found each day reset at a certain time each day? Like the daily reset time (5 pm pst) or 11 pm (loyalty timer)?

If this was a legit source of coin I think we might see a few more people getting their feet wet, but I dunno much about it.

Anyone wanna give away all the trade secrets?
    Sunken chests drop mostly trash and purple ship component design bags. They are a decent relaxing activity but the delph pot and perdita are so rare their overall value as primary income source is very limited.

Not sure on the spawn timers, but if you explore a while you are bound to find a bunch, especially if you have a map of all the shipwrecks or just go to where shiprecks are plentiful.

This was just translated by me here. We'll be getting this with the 3.7/4.0 update. It's just a hot-fix, QOL patch. Nothing too special.
    Owner and Writer at Omnom.gg

Omnom Social Media Links
    #1 Player Who Doesn't Play

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2