+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shatigon Ghost server ?

Shatigon Ghost server ?

Hi all,

I am just wondering what happened as is looks like Shatigon became an 'ghost' server(at least to me).
    You barely meet any players outside of raids/events even in Marianople there is max 20 players there standing afk.
    This Saturday 30.09.2017 was even bad when it comes to MM as we could not even collect full raid and there was barrely 6 parties(as Nuia) on the event.
    This was not the case week or 2 ago and I find that for a Saturday extremely low.
    So my question is was there anything i have missed ?

p.s. i know PVE left the Nuia as Dissonance but we still had enough players to pull full raid even more for aeg/WH/MM even after that
    So what happened ?

Yes, also interested in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KinkySanta View Post
    Yes, also interested in this thread.
    I really don't know what you are talking about. Im playing in shatigon today and MM was full raid nuia side, pve faction(mostly nuia) with more than 35 players, reee with many players also like 20 and haranya and pirates always have less people. Problem is that pop spread out but total pop is very high. We were over 120 players in MM total ez in the moorning and afternoon. I did Whalesong that most of people only do it once a day for the quest and we were +70 nuians ez. I did Halcy and we had a full raid +20 nuians like 70 nuians doing halcy and +25 reee and 30 pve. So no pop is very healthy atm shatigon need more haranya. haranya doesn't have low numbers either but they are not motivated to go to pvp events atm. I have seen +40 haranya in MM also. Overall very healthy server but we need more pirates and haranya. Dead server ? HELL NO, not even quite

I know what happened to it and yesterday. It's true Saturday all of a sudden has a lot more players for server events such as MM. Come Monday, you will see the same as the OP. That's what happens when Player Nations destroy a server and a significant number of players take a break until trying an Evolved server they assume has not yet been destroyed by Player Nations or just plain quit. You don't have to take my word for it, it's already going on with people playing alts on Evolved servers hoping the grass is greener from the merge and many of those are frustrated by the Evolved servers being taken over by Player Nations as well. On the weekend however, yes Shatigon is not a dead server 2 days a week. Enjoy it weekend players as long as it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingIsGood View Post
    It's true Saturday all of a sudden has a lot more players for server events such as MM. Come Monday, you will see the same as the OP.
    Zunzun said what he saw on Saturday because that is the day the OP was talking about.
    Both simply joined raids at different times. Zunzun at what obviously seems to be during prime time. Iargors at another time.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingIsGood View Post
    I know what happened to it and yesterday. It's true Saturday all of a sudden has a lot more players for server events such as MM. Come Monday, you will see the same as the OP. That's what happens when Player Nations destroy a server and a significant number of players take a break until trying an Evolved server they assume has not yet been destroyed by Player Nations or just plain quit. You don't have to take my word for it, it's already going on with people playing alts on Evolved servers hoping the grass is greener from the merge and many of those are frustrated by the Evolved servers being taken over by Player Nations as well. On the weekend however, yes Shatigon is not a dead server 2 days a week. Enjoy it weekend players as long as it lasts.
    shatigon is dead server.
    if shati is dead then the rest of the servers are already 5 feet underground.
    BRING BACK UNCAPPED 1v1 #ARENAGATE

My guess :

- Most of pvp players are gone to PN (by most I mean more than 80%)
    - Most of remaining nuians prefer focusing on their quest rather than defending themselves when there are reds. It's discouraging the few pvp players left in Nuia. I think it's the same in Haranya. So if they're not pro faction fanatics (like I am), they're leaving to pirates or PN.
    - The proportion of pk players Inside Nuia/Haranya, and the proportion of "I care of my guild only (or my personal interest only)" is too big in regard of pro-faction players. That kind of nation can't match overgeared and organized PN.

The current situation is that for old nations there are contest at every events : once from one PN, once from the other, once from haranyans, once from multiple opponents at a time. It's never ending and if you want to defend everywhere, unless you put real money in the game (or if you're playing at "Alteage") you can't make money and can't gear up (since you spend between 200 and 400g a day in pots). Moreover, Nuians (and probably Haranyans) raids are like this :
    - 70% of undergeared players (3k-5k GS)
    - 10% of pvp players (some undergeared)
    - 20% of alts
    In a 50 people raid, 10 are fighting, the others are focusing on their quest. I understand that they are tired of fighting against people that are oneshoting 10 people at each AOE. Most of them are casual players that don't want that kind of play after their working day.

I've already seen that evolution on Eanna. The pop on Shatigon will slowly decrease until there are only PN and farming/housing players left.
    I know that once transfers are open, some will leave the server (I suspect that the situation is the same everywhere though. Archeage isn't designed to host less than 100 active players by server).

It's my personal pessimistic view on the situation.

Simple solutions i'm thinking of :
    - Significantly decrease the cost of pots/buffs.
    - Easier the way to gear up to 5500/6000 GS (take a look at BDO to see how it's done) so casual people stop being meat to feed P2W players.
    - Stop developing Alteage, start developing Archeage again.

ArcheAge is a self destructive game due to the nature of people and the options given to them to do that. Simple as that. People get fed up with Nuia or Harany because they are one of the 10 people fighting (as described before) and leave for another server to find "green meadows", join a player nation or quit.

At the moment Retribution has an average of 2 Nuian raids, 1 harany raid, 1/2 raid at most of Laughing Coffin, 1/2 raid at most of out of control and 1/2-2/3 of a raid Dishonored. From a distance it seems that Dishonored is working together with the largest Nuian guild Skyfall and largest (if you can call them large) harany guild WeedSquad, it won't be long until the original leviathan nation will put everything on free farm again. Pure because of their sheer numbers and because of the gearscore of the first mentioned.

I was watching in stealth yesterday how they were fighting at Sungold. 50-60 Dishonored, 50+ Skyfall and 20-30 Weedsquad shielding eachother against I reckon 40-50 Laughing coffin and out of control, who were also working together as it seemed. The rest of nuia and harany was non-present.

So in about 2-3 months time everything will be back to the old situation.

Quote Originally Posted by FluxFlow View Post
    ArcheAge is a self destructive game due to the nature of people and the options given to them to do that. Simple as that. People get fed up with Nuia or Harany because they are one of the 10 people fighting (as described before) and leave for another server to find "green meadows", join a player nation or quit.

At the moment Retribution has an average of 2 Nuian raids, 1 harany raid, 1/2 raid at most of Laughing Coffin, 1/2 raid at most of out of control and 1/2-2/3 of a raid Dishonored. From a distance it seems that Dishonored is working together with the largest Nuian guild Skyfall and largest (if you can call them large) harany guild WeedSquad, it won't be long until the original leviathan nation will put everything on free farm again. Pure because of their sheer numbers and because of the gearscore of the first mentioned.

I was watching in stealth yesterday how they were fighting at Sungold. 50-60 Dishonored, 50+ Skyfall and 20-30 Weedsquad shielding eachother against I reckon 40-50 Laughing coffin and out of control, who were also working together as it seemed. The rest of nuia and harany was non-present.

So in about 2-3 months time everything will be back to the old situation.
    REEEEEE is going to Retribution server with their minimum geared 15-20 players to join a player nation there; so thy are not active at shagiton anymore; so Retribution will be ripped and it will turn into a free farm by the player nations like other remained current EU servers. PVE nation in shagiton will rule the whole server alone soon once Trion opens the server transfers. At 4.0 patch, gear score amount is increasing that in Korean version, top 100 is like 10k gear score amounts already. So, rip AA in EU for sure much more at 4.0 patch !!!! These are results of p2w or allowing mega multi accounts, I wonder that what Trion will respond these now. At lat week twitch Kholan mentioned that thy are not happy with gear score cap and so many other things; but let's wait and see how thy fix these +3 years old common main issues of AA in EU really...
    Once upon a time, a warborn was born in Prophecy and the warborn decided to play in Sirothe to gear up by farming gold in a safe,peaceful with lot's of sea salt environment

+ Reply to Thread