+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Sorcery Setup?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    A mage is a mage, all they need is gear (weapon) and knowledge of their combos.
    I strongly disagree with you. Sorcery is the most ping reliant of all the skill trees by a very very very long shot.
    Since skill que was implemented, desync in our version is unbearable which makes sorcery completely unplayable in certain situations.

    Most skills that matter are location based with an area of effect and with a very long animation or slow projectile speed. You'd be "amazed" when you see on my screen my char using god's whip, for example on a location (A), directly on a moving target with him steadily "evading" all the dmg. What happens is basically me reacting to info projected by my PC but it is like looking at the stars at night... What you are watching is the past.

    That alone as well as the obvious, "The higher the ping, the slower the weave" makes sorcery a subpar main skill tree compairing to archery/battlerage tab123 fiesta.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Felinae View Post
    I strongly disagree with you. Sorcery is the most ping reliant of all the skill trees by a very very very long shot.
    Since skill que was implemented, desync in our version is unbearable which makes sorcery completely unplayable in certain situations.

    Most skills that matter are location based with an area of effect and with a very long animation or slow projectile speed. You'd be "amazed" when you see on my screen my char using god's whip, for example on a location (A), directly on a moving target with him steadily "evading" all the dmg. What happens is basically me reacting to info projected by my PC but it is like looking at the stars at night... What you are watching is the past.

    That alone as well as the obvious, "The higher the ping, the slower the weave" makes sorcery a subpar main skill tree compairing to archery/battlerage tab123 fiesta.
    I strongly disagree with how you could ever think archery is anywhere close to the power of a mage, let alone a dr. ARCHERS are the most ping AND gear reliant class to be effective in this game. My celest Mistsong 2H mage alt can wrek ppl, being completely ungemmed, just being lucky enough to get their cc chain/cheese off. Please spare me on "mage sucks". I can name off multiple from my server alone (+Nahelam, despite his impossibly awesome gear, compared the average spender) that would beg to differ. Just because YOU can't beat an archer or a melee, doesnt make you as a mage weak, it means your character/pc is weak. I am talking as a player/archer that beats these classes on a pretty consistent basis, that you are wrong. Get cast time and a epic 1h + epic shield, or a leg+ 2H, and I can PROMISE you, you will not be weak with any of these classes, even in plate armor.

    Edit: And Godwhip has ways to create more accurate casting in our functionality menu. It is also 1 of 3 (meteor/freezing earth) that you rely on location for, excluding occultism, since you dont need occultism to do killing dmg.

    Also I came off as very salty in my first response, I apologize, just dont tell me archers are 123 classes.. they used to be, but havent been for literally many years. Have you seen a high ping archer's EA? *wrists* you wont be killing anything in a 1v1 without endless arrows aka filler dmg. A godwhip can kill you. A tiger>prec strike can kill you. Both are nearly instant. Flame concussive... 4 sec. Snipe.. 1.5 and both require casting and rarely 1 shot = standing still = dead archer without peel.
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    <The Shadehunting Master>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤


    Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Trusivraj?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/trusivraj

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    I strongly disagree with how you could ever think archery is anywhere close to the power of a mage, let alone a dr. ARCHERS are the most ping AND gear reliant class to be effective in this game. My celest Mistsong 2H mage alt can wrek ppl, being completely ungemmed, just being lucky enough to get their cc chain/cheese off. Please spare me on "mage sucks". I can name off multiple from my server alone (+Nahelam, despite his impossibly awesome gear, compared the average spender) that would beg to differ. Just because YOU can't beat an archer or a melee, doesnt make you as a mage weak, it means your character/pc is weak. I am talking as a player/archer that beats these classes on a pretty consistent basis, that you are wrong. Get cast time and a epic 1h + epic shield, or a leg+ 2H, and I can PROMISE you, you will not be weak with any of these classes, even in plate armor.

    Edit: And Godwhip has ways to create more accurate casting in our functionality menu. It is also 1 of 3 (meteor/freezing earth) that you rely on location for, excluding occultism, since you dont need occultism to do killing dmg.

    Also I came off as very salty in my first response, I apologize, just dont tell me archers are 123 classes.. they used to be, but havent been for literally many years. Have you seen a high ping archer's EA? *wrists* you wont be killing anything in a 1v1 without endless arrows aka filler dmg. A godwhip can kill you. A tiger>prec strike can kill you. Both are nearly instant. Flame concussive... 4 sec. Snipe.. 1.5 and both require casting and rarely 1 shot = standing still = dead archer without peel.
    It's not about gear or pc atleast to an extent. It's purely ping based.
    The difference in my case with and without "Pingzapper" is astronomical.
    What is normally 80-90 ping with 250-300 ping lag spikes becomes a rather steady 60-70.
    However, weaving is still an issue and has absolutely no ressemblance to the 0,0000001 sec it takes for ppl with very low ping.

    As for archery being ping based... it is as ping based as let's say occultism or shadowplay when it comes to mana stars or rapid strike.
    For everything else archery is as ping based as battlerage because your skills are mostly instant and/or target based.

    Having played all classes with above average to "top" gear (legendary ayanad wave bow +t6 archer set, legendary t6 katana +delphinad flame set, mythic mistsong staff +epic t6 mage set , epic ayanad club + ayanad divine life set) I can tell you with certainty the "hardest" class is anything based on sorcery because it is hit or miss(AoE skills with long cast times and long cooldowns).

    For that reason I am not playing sorcery anymore sticking to occultism as main dps with a class like phantasm which is far more reliable both in cc/dps while being greatly less ping depended at the same time.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Felinae View Post
    It's not about gear or pc atleast to an extent. It's purely ping based.
    The difference in my case with and without "Pingzapper" is astronomical.
    What is normally 80-90 ping with 250-300 ping lag spikes becomes a rather steady 60-70.
    However, weaving is still an issue and has absolutely no ressemblance to the 0,0000001 sec it takes for ppl with very low ping.

    As for archery being ping based... it is as ping based as let's say occultism or shadowplay when it comes to mana stars or rapid strike.
    For everything else archery is as ping based as battlerage because your skills are mostly instant and/or target based.

    Having played all classes with above average to "top" gear (legendary ayanad wave bow +t6 archer set, legendary t6 katana +delphinad flame set, mythic mistsong staff +epic t6 mage set , epic ayanad club + ayanad divine life set) I can tell you with certainty the "hardest" class is anything based on sorcery because it is hit or miss(AoE skills with long cast times and long cooldowns).

    For that reason I am not playing sorcery anymore sticking to occultism as main dps with a class like phantasm which is far more reliable both in cc/dps while being greatly less ping depended at the same time.
    I guess I am a bit biased, when it comes to how good a class is if your ping is bad, since I've never really had bad ping. I will accept defeat on that arguement, considering you have more "high level" experience with all classes. Thank you for being civil with my rather angry posts earlier, I need to be more mindful that archers arent the only players with problems in the game. Thank you for sharing your insight on sorcery skills with me!
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    <The Shadehunting Master>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤


    Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Trusivraj?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/trusivraj

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    206
    Any combination of vitalism and magic DPS is weak. While as a general rule you want to focus on Magic DPS, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, or Heals (Tanking can be mixed with any of those to various degrees of course) there are some effective classes that can mix these to a certain degree. With the exception of Magic DPS and Healing. No effective build can do both because there is no weapon combination that allows for it.

    For instance a paladin (Probably the most effective combo class) tends to be a melee damage focused class that wields either a club or obsidian spear with a shield. Both of these weapons offer healing power and melee power on the same weapon. So if you have a strong weapon and good gear, the weapon / gear will make your melee damage pretty damn good, while the weapon will also make your healing respectable.

    If you are doing melee damage on a magic character (For instance a mage with shadowplay and overwhelm) Your staff grants a decent amount of melee damage so your attacks will deal respectable damage.

    And if you are doing ranged damage on anything, you have a bow that gets it's own slot meaning any class can have decent ranged damage.

    But any class that wants to do worthwhile magic damage needs to go either 2h staff or shield + scepter (Or an obsidian weapon such as katana that grants magic damage)
    Any class that wants to do worthwhile healing needs to go either 2h greatclub or shield + club (Or an obsidian weapon such as a short spear that grants healing)

    These setups are incompatible. Bringing me back to the main point:

    TL-DR - Don't mix magic and healing. Ever.

  6. #16

    Sinner

    Quote Originally Posted by Radgaril View Post
    Any combination of vitalism and magic DPS is weak. While as a general rule you want to focus on Magic DPS, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, or Heals (Tanking can be mixed with any of those to various degrees of course) there are some effective classes that can mix these to a certain degree. With the exception of Magic DPS and Healing. No effective build can do both because there is no weapon combination that allows for it.

    For instance a paladin (Probably the most effective combo class) tends to be a melee damage focused class that wields either a club or obsidian spear with a shield. Both of these weapons offer healing power and melee power on the same weapon. So if you have a strong weapon and good gear, the weapon / gear will make your melee damage pretty damn good, while the weapon will also make your healing respectable.

    If you are doing melee damage on a magic character (For instance a mage with shadowplay and overwhelm) Your staff grants a decent amount of melee damage so your attacks will deal respectable damage.

    And if you are doing ranged damage on anything, you have a bow that gets it's own slot meaning any class can have decent ranged damage.

    But any class that wants to do worthwhile magic damage needs to go either 2h staff or shield + scepter (Or an obsidian weapon such as katana that grants magic damage)
    Any class that wants to do worthwhile healing needs to go either 2h greatclub or shield + club (Or an obsidian weapon such as a short spear that grants healing)

    These setups are incompatible. Bringing me back to the main point:

    TL-DR - Don't mix magic and healing. Ever.
    Sinner!

    You speak blasphemy when you suggest that sorcery and devotion should not be combined. Yet I play a Gypsy (sorcery, songcraft and devotion). Yes Gypsies are not respected by either sorcerer or healers, but they have steadily increased in class rankings.

    You are correct that there is not an obvious weapon choice for a Gypsy. However you can easily switch between a staff and a greatclub in combat with a hotkey.

    Repent!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts