+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: has fresh start been announched as happening soon yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    Fresh start is the core reason why the server's dwindle. Everyone jumps ship to be relevant for a month and then complains for the following 11 months.

Not even close to the reason. Take a fresh start server, Reckoning. What was it's reason? Same as serveral others. For Reckoning it was 3.7 and player nations. For most it's player nations and some had a significant hit from 3.7.

From how Trion has addressed fresh start in the last few streams, I would say it's a pretty good bet that it comes around 4.5. The attitude is that they are debating or working on a strategy of how to implement cash shop items to reduce P2W aspects (aside from credits for expansion scrolls and Apex). With the gilda changes in 4.0, there won't be a large rush for land, as it'll take far more work to get the designs, evening out chances to get a prime spot. With the 3.5 regrade changes and 4.0 gems, RNG will be limited for gaining gearscore more equally. I will not partake in this fresh start, but I do not say it shouldn't happen. It may retain more players if the changes are good enough to shake some of the p2w stigma (and there's really still no other games that can compete with the whole package of this title).

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    From how Trion has addressed fresh start in the last few streams, I would say it's a pretty good bet that it comes around 4.5. The attitude is that they are debating or working on a strategy of how to implement cash shop items to reduce P2W aspects (aside from credits for expansion scrolls and Apex). With the gilda changes in 4.0, there won't be a large rush for land, as it'll take far more work to get the designs, evening out chances to get a prime spot. With the 3.5 regrade changes and 4.0 gems, RNG will be limited for gaining gearscore more equally. I will not partake in this fresh start, but I do not say it shouldn't happen. It may retain more players if the changes are good enough to shake some of the p2w stigma (and there's really still no other games that can compete with the whole package of this title).
    And finally someone who isn't a fresh start fan, that understands the appeal sooo many players have for it. Not to mention, it will push a huge influx of players back into the eco system that will eventually merge with everyone else. If Trion can make the right adjustments, it will be a large number of players because they will stay.

Lure them in with the rush feel of fresh start, keep them with the elimination of hardcore RNG, broken P2W model and improved feature sets.

People still talking about legacy servers/merge. But yeah. I've joined the merge server a few days ago, and there was literally nobody talking in chat. I really want to get back to AA but the enormous gap in gear and no people on servers are pushing me away.

Quote Originally Posted by Niide View Post
    People still talking about legacy servers/merge. But yeah. I've joined the merge server a few days ago, and there was literally nobody talking in chat. I really want to get back to AA but the enormous gap in gear and no people on servers are pushing me away.
    You'd have to be blind, and have blocked all of Thunderwing, if you dont see chat in a merged server. I cant speak for conviction though, so sorry if thats what youre talking about.
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin)
    <The Shadehunting Master>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Trusivraj?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/trusivraj

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    It takes no effort at all for you to reroll because you run around in pogo sticks and wooden shields on legacy, expecting a "fair" fight against people who have invested years into their character.

Dota and league destroyed mmorpg culture because of that mentality.

Exactly, the first month. Glad the population destroying fresh starts give you your one month of pleasure.

Fresh start is the core reason why the server's dwindle. Everyone jumps ship to be relevant for a month and then complains for the following 11 months.

On a side note, I actually abandoned my toon on EU, blowing up 10 epic item's since they were bound. I re-rolled on NA legacy earlier this year on a brand new toon. The regrade events and triple drops make a huge difference.
    I agree the regrade events and triple drops help a lot, that was a good move by Trion. Things like that will keep the game alive and I hope to see more of it! If Trion and XL Games make the right choices going forward AA will survive, I really enjoy this game so I am hoping things change. I am not asking for "DOTA" style gaming, but I sort of am asking for player's progress to be erased in the form of reducing the gear gap. Just about every single (successful) MMORPG does it. It used to drive me crazy with WoW when my top tier raid gear was trash in the next Xpac but there is a sound philosophy behind it...new and returning players need to have a chance to catch up and compete or they won't play, especially in a PvP focused game.

The funny part of this thread is no one from Trion has answered and the extreme likelihood no one will. If they don't, that will be your answer which to be fair they have repeatedly told there is no plan for a New Fresh start and unlike some I believe their statement of no plan. I'm up for Trion to prove me wrong, go ahead and answer :P

As I wrote on many other fresh start threads;
    We don't need more fresh starts after this point, if they introduce another fresh start, then merged servers will die again.
    Instead, they should focus on allowing new players some methods to close their gear gap on legacy servers. So those new players can play and stay on legacy servers.
    MMORPG games have a population loop: Some people quit the game, some people start playing it. But if they don't appeal to those new players, then the population can't stay stable.
    "A game that needs merges doesn't need new servers."
    Fresh start servers will bring us more merges and more trouble. People will lose their lands and stuff over and over, that's all. Hope they don't open another server and don't do the same mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tr34 View Post
    As I wrote on many other fresh start threads;
    We don't need more fresh starts after this point, if they introduce another fresh start, then merged servers will die again.
    Instead, they should focus on allowing new players some methods to close their gear gap on legacy servers. So they can play and stay on legacy servers.
    MMORPG games have a population loop: Some people quit the game, some people start playing it. But if they don't appeal to those new players, then the population can't stay stable.
    "A game that needs merges doesn't need new servers."
    Fresh start servers will bring us more merges and more trouble, people losing their lands and stuff that's all. Hope they don't open another server.

FS and old servers have other gamer groups. If old servers lose players that mean this players/groups didn't get what they want to play and PAY.
    Not offering what larger player groups want and ignore their money is nonsense. FS servers keep AA alive. Starting new server is cheaper than fix old problems + "stucked resources" in old server will prevent most of the balance fixes in that servers. If Trino will not start FS the game will die in the next 12-18 months. Or it will have 1 low population server only.

Quote Originally Posted by mikroman View Post
    FS and old servers have other gamer groups. If old servers lose players that mean this players/groups didn't get what they want to play and PAY.
    Not offering what larger player groups want and ignore their money is nonsense. FS servers keep AA alive. Starting new server is cheaper than fix old problems + "stucked resources" in old server will prevent most of the balance fixes in that servers. If Trino will not start FS the game will die in the next 12-18 months. Or it will have 1 low population server only.
    Not sure about that, I know a lot of people that rerolled on fresh start servers.
    So it's a player loss for existing servers. It won't change anything, payers will win, player nations will dominate.
    Current fresh start servers are sharing the same fate with legacy servers in terms of nation balance or gear score imparity.
    Nothing will be different on fresh starts unless XLGames makes changes to reduce gear gap between players and nations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast