+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Costume Censorship thread over at Reddit worth a read

Costume Censorship thread over at Reddit worth a read

HI,

For the players interested in this topic, there is a thread going on over at reddit, and a Mod to change the look of the lace costume.

https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/co...your_costumes/

Props to Expendable for his work and Celestrata for the detailed posts *thumbs up*

Thank you for the link! It explains a lot about their attitude and reasons for censoring.

So is this the only costume thats been censored?

Are there other costume mods out there?

Too revealing xD
    Fallout 4 creation club and the worlds 1st giant robot duel are almost as disappointing as archeage

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto View Post
    So is this the only costume thats been censored?

Are there other costume mods out there?
    Not sure to be honest, I think that was the only one and that costume was kinda yuck in anyway ehehe

The third reason celestrata gave doesn't seems right though, because, first, censoring a "sexy" costume wouldn't make it look "badass" if it wasn't even made to look "badass" from the beginning, and second, what I see the most in game are "sexy" costumes or costumes that would make the character looks cute.
    System specs:

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit;
    AMD FX-8320 3.50ghz;
    Sapphire DUAL-X R9 270x;
    8gb 1600mhz;
    Router: Linksys E900

Everyone looks the same to me. I play in default view

The funny thing is that while costume censorship is certainly one of the issues, it's the easiest one for them to respond to. Which is why they are.

The problem is, that the more focus on this (minor) issue, it also detracts the focus away from other problems that may have more relevance. When I initially posted about the costume censorship, that was only a part of my statement: the larger issue was around censorship itself with regards to the forums. However, I do believe that some progress has been made there as well.

I'm glad to see some changes towards making compromises and finding creative solutions, though. Hope it is a trend that continues.

A couple of things that make no sense to me:

Regardless if "sexy/cutesy" costumes don't sell as well, why not release them in NA/EU anyway? They have already been created for the other regions, so at this point it would just be additional profit.

The succubus costume. She mentions that they are looking to have the Succubus costume modified because it doesn't fit in their idea of "strength and cunning" that they want - not due to an actual glitch (like the lace shirt costume). This is where the disconnect for me happens. Loads of people have been clamoring for the Succubus costume as is, it's not glitching, and it will only cost XL more time and money to have it altered. Why not release it?

Thanks for the link. It would be nice if Trion would communicate information like this in their own official game forum, but since they choose not to do so, I appreciate those in the community who step in to fill the void.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast