+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Game Problem : Gear Gap

Serious Game Problem : Gear Gap

Hi,

We are facing some significant gear gap problem right now. I came to a point where I know almost all the players in the West side across all server in NA. This means that the new players are hard to identify and the cause of it is probably the gear gap.

Please talk to XL about decreasing the gear gap much faster for the new to lagacy players.

Thank you.

p.s if you are a NEW player come join the West (Dwarf/Nuia/Elf). East sucks and full of drama these days...
    RIP 2014 - 2018
    Cardiologist/Physician/Giver

"Time for me to move on, have fun everybody and be nice to each other and play the selfless game. After all, its just a game." - Cardio

Well, in EU East its noticeable that there is a lot of returning players. People with GHA gear... If they want to follow the "dungeon gear upgrade path", they should go to the Serpentis, do regular Occleera rifts or get some Library gear (cheap equivalent to Tier 4 obsidian).

During weekend i found 2nd daru Hoarder in library over last 2+ years .

So in this regard, I would like to ask if there are any Serpentis runs going on, or people are gearing through purchasing library drops, maybe even Auroria drops?

Going for Aria Autograph is still the cheapest and fastest way how to get Tier 5 Divine weapon.

(it wont get you to 6000+ but it will get you to 5000 which is the starting point for PVP and more advanced rifts).
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

There's new players, but the whole "gear gap" thing isn't their primary problem. It's the lack of information available to them.
    Help them better understand aspects of the game, and they'll be able to advance better.

Also, new players should be encouraged to join whatever appeals to them, not your attempt at a player nation.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

With the ridiculous 1 shot mechanics present in the game right now it is silly to try to pvp as a new or returning player. It is much wiser to focus on getting some gear together before you go for that.

The quickest path imo is Ayanad. You can get a decent grade ayanad weapon relatively easily. Granted, before working on saving for an ayanad, I would recommend working on infrastructure that allows you to make money and just trickle money in till you have your ayanad.

This is a good time to get started in the game because balance is coming but isn't here yet. So you can focus on getting your resources in order and have things together by the time the balance patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Physician View Post
    Hi,

We are facing some significant gear gap problem right now. I came to a point where I know almost all the players in the West side across all server in NA. This means that the new players are hard to identify and the cause of it is probably the gear gap.

Please talk to XL about decreasing the gear gap much faster for the new to lagacy players.

Thank you.

p.s if you are a NEW player come join the West (Dwarf/Nuia/Elf). East sucks and full of drama these days...
    There are doing that by making things easier to obtain / gems / upgrade with coming updates. Ayanad is a very good gear goal for new players as they are heavily available. But I absolutely don't want some new player get to the level I am after playing 3 years vs their 1 day. Unless they whale it out, then it's a different story.
    Nehalem
    Outplayed | Conviction

They just should make decent gear in pve content instead of only crafting them.

Dungeon weapon system is very good.
    Do the same for armor now.

Ppl saying to save money and buy Ayanad don't even have make calcul about time. It's not even a reality to get a full ayanad set w/o wast almost 1 year of doing nothing, just keep money. Or go ton of alt which should not even be a solution...

Pve content should be more valuable. It's a good different way for casual, even if it a bit less powerfull than craft, it's still a good solution.
    So plz, make more dungeon, or just make dungeon gear upgradable like weapon.

And plz, look at the difficulty.
    I mean, Mistsong give T5~ gear with crap effect, but you need to already be T5 for doing it... That stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Liith View Post
    They just should make decent gear in pve content instead of only crafting them.

Dungeon weapon system is very good.
    Do the same for armor now.

Ppl saying to save money and buy Ayanad don't even have make calcul about time. It's not even a reality to get a full ayanad set w/o wast almost 1 year of doing nothing, just keep money. Or go ton of alt which should not even be a solution...

Pve content should be more valuable. It's a good different way for casual, even if it a bit less powerfull than craft, it's still a good solution.
    So plz, make more dungeon, or just make dungeon gear upgradable like weapon.

And plz, look at the difficulty.
    I mean, Mistsong give T5~ gear with crap effect, but you need to already be T5 for doing it... That stupid.
    If you make 3 unpaid alt accounts and buy the 4 seat car with rl money you can earn a divine Ayanad piece in 2-4 weeks depending on what you do for trade runs. There are cheaper ways to progress but they require patience.

Now, the fastest way to make money is to buy low and sell high on the ah. I didn't mention it because a newbie won't know how to speculate which is a prerequisite for that. naturally, people who are good at this won't post what they are investing only works when few are investing right.

All of the EU servers' top 100's minimum gear score is 7.1k . The casual players, no p2w players, no mega multi account players, returning players, new players cannot catch or contest with any players right now; because everything is too expensive and you need to be heavy pay to win or you need to own many multi accounts + playing the game like 24/7 days if you want to gear up, catch other legacy players to do pvp or contest with them. Trion made the AA more p2w... One guild owns the whole server and thy make the profit and doing all AA content, so how Trion supposes other losing factions' players and guilds to fight against dominator guilds where almost most of these top 100 players gathered and thy are very organised and too geared comparing to other players and guilds.

Every EU servers are free farms of player nations and other rest of factions cannot do anything against these player nations. Good Job Trion, after merge and with 1 credit free transfers, all servers are ruined much more... If you are not in player nations then do not play AA or if you don't have mega many multi accounts the do not play AA or if you are not heavy p2w then do not bother to play AA. Thank you Trion for making AA like a real life job for players that ppl need to be in game for long hours to earn gold in hard ways like working in a real job... Most of players are doing trade runs or working on their farms mainly, noone is playing for fun or do pvp or fight against these domination guilds etc. anymore... If you don't believe EU servers' current bad condition, please come and check for one time really !!!! @Muzzy, we call you for duty for EU really !!! thank you.

They don't seem to care. A new player has no chance to experience the PvP aspect of the game since they die in one shot. They have to farm for 3 years to get close to current players.

I'm a returning player and me and a friend of mine has been playing in morpheus/thunderwing west for roughly around 2 months, we average around 4 hours play time a day but find ourselves playing less and less everyday. We bought patron with real money as soon as we started, and spend our entire day running packs/overseas cargo until our labor runs out. We tried joining pvp content as soon as we hit lvl cap, but realized it was a big mistake. So we grinded gold to reach where we are now which is 4000-4100 GS. And what's frustrating is, after these 2 months of gold grinding and routine PVE content, we felt like everything was in vain. We still get 1 shot by almost any attack, even when we're wearing plate/cloth depending on the enemy. We always come out of war zones with negative honor points gained, feeling like we were disposable 1 hit shield for our allies in any pvp event.

We're not asking for free divine/epic obsidian gears (which would be insulting to people who grinded 3 years for them), but I wish trion would give us new players a chance to participate in majority of these pvp content without being fodder. Even a non up-gradable dead end temporary set would be nice, something we can wear while until our obs/illustrous gear catch up.

Not to mention even in PVE content new players get blocked out, we've been kicked out multiple times when we tried joining serpentis because of our GS. And while leveling experienced and encountered instances of people being kicked out of GR, CR raids for being low level, even when we said we aren't alts. Overall archeage was a jewel at first in the eyes of new players, but slowly realize what it truly is as you dive deeper into the game. And see RNG hell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast