+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New player mechanic suggestion

New player mechanic suggestion

Alright so we all know new players have a hard time getting into Archeage for a few obvious reasons. I was thinking last night WHAT IF new/returning players with 30 days+ inactive accounts got a once per account package that gave them a competitive edge that not only helped them but veteran players aswell.

Here is what I propose every account that has been inactive for 30 days or more OR new accounts get a ONE TIME claimable glyph package that gives them various TEMPORARY gifts to ease their way back into archeage or help new players find their way over a 1 click per day over a 30 day span.

The package would also contain every 5 days of the 30 you get a Welcome Coin, this coin is a 1-2 time per month clickable/useable item which could be listed to the market. After you click it, it gives you a "AA" coin. When the "AA" coin is clicked it starts a 15 or 30 day global timer, the coin could be used and purchased by veteran players as a new npc shop currency for things like, 100 Mdef or physical non break gems that have a 100% chance to work, toughness 176 Helm gems, non fail pvp gems like resilience and focus or toughness. The coin system would benefit new players because they can get money to start playing while SLOWLY helping veterans.

The box would also contain for new and returning players new starter quest/welcome item. This item would give the player 30 days of "Nui Zone buff" where they can not be attacked by other players or siege tanks. After 30 days OR reaching lvl 55 the buff would end, upon reaching level 55 you would finish your quest which deactivates the "nui Buff" and gives you a Starter Ticket. This ticket like the legacy gear ticket would give them a full set of armor, either plate, cloth or leather. However this ticket should give them a 5k GS worth of gear. Each gear piece would have a special effect cloakable effect, like Chestpiece 2.5k Resiliance , pants 2.5k Toughness, boots mdef option or move speed option for plate, physical or move speed for cloth etc . The problem with the soul forged gear was new players put the gems in useless places and it didn't help them understand what goes where. The details could be ironed out with Trion and XL

The one time glyph box we can call it would contain things like:
    EDIT: the merit/loyalty would have a special npc or shop that only gave account bound items.

Day 1
    1 Safe Ride Donkey ( can not be attacked by players or siege damage) 29 day life span to = 30 days lvl 1-54 usage
    15 loyalty account bound
    15 Merit account bound

Day 2
    50 Gildas (for a small house)
    15 merit account bound
    15 loyalty account bound

Day 3
    Glider coin
    15 merit account bound
    15 loyaty account bound

Day 4
    Dolphin (blue one) or a Seabug
    15 Meritaccount bound
    15 loyalty account bound

Day 5
    Player welcome coin
    2 Slot farm hauler (immune to player/siege damage) 25 day life span to equal 30 days lvl 1-54 usage
    15 loyalty account bound
    15 Merit account bound

The daily clicks should slowly get them into the game in a way they will be doing things as they progress through levels and maps. The items could be ironed out later this was just an example.

If anyone has any feedback I would love to hear it. I know my idea is probably not up to trion or player standards but its a place to start.

See you all in game ^_^

Things you mentioned can be farmed by creating a free account, keep it for a week, and then rinse and repeat.

I suggested similar thing, but all the assets should be bound to the character. Labor or things purchasable by gilda star should not be included.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Yes but there would be safeguards in place, the player welcome coin would only be able to be turned in once or twice a month due to a global cool down.

The lotyalty and merits received through the box and the items they can get from turn ins should be account bound, i'll add that to the suggestion

The only item they could really do anything with is the player welcome coin, it takes 5 days to get one and only usable once or twice a month. Not really worth spamming accounts over i'm sure trion could make it every 10 days or something to lower the chances of new account spam. I'm sure they could also watch how many accounts per IP were being created also.

Quote Originally Posted by Godriconian View Post
    Yes but there would be safeguards in place, the player welcome coin would only be able to be turned in once or twice a month.
    That wont work as you imagine that, especially for new accounts (there would be no link between dozens of accounts who will someone create just to farm the free labor week). ESO had similar system as you describe (one starter package with tradeable items), and for me personally it was primary reason why I didnt started to play that game.

Welcome/returning packages? Yes.

But everything which is in them, should be used on account which was granted that package, with no possibility to transfer (or transform) its contents.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Alright they take out the 7 day patron problem solved for labor, I see no problem with the rest, any currency could be used in a new potential shop that gives account bound items.

The player welcome coin is once or twice a month, normal players can get that extra 1 or 2 gems by playing by normal means anyway this is just a VERY slow alternative/bonus to less RNG that benefits new players. 1 or 2 extra gems in your gear is not game breaking the average hard working player gets that per week most times.

I'm sure trion could do something about multiple accounts, not that it would really benefit someone much anyway as everything would be account bound and the coins can only be used once or twice a month so stacking up needlessly is pointless. Trion has a lot of people who could probably think of a way to make it work =p.

You are dead, first there is no land for you to economically produce primary materials.
    second, you need gold to build a freigter and move packs, and if you start without good gold ... you're in trouble again.
    Third, if you move cargo packs the% of charcoal are on the ground, you will not have much profit.
    fourth, if you move overseapacks you can steal and with a low GS, you are a candy for the enemy.
    Conclusion, awaits a long but long stage of suffering and grind of the heaviest, much like squeezing a rock to draw water.

Quote Originally Posted by Godriconian View Post
    Alright so we all know new players have a hard time getting into Archeage for a few obvious reasons. I was thinking last night WHAT IF new/returning players with 30 days+ inactive accounts got a once per account package that gave them a competitive edge that not only helped them but veteran players aswell.

Here is what I propose every account that has been inactive for 30 days or more OR new accounts get a ONE TIME claimable glyph package that gives them various TEMPORARY gifts to ease their way back into archeage or help new players find their way over a 1 click per day over a 30 day span.

The package would also contain every 5 days of the 30 you get a Welcome Coin, this coin is a 1-2 time per month clickable/useable item which could be listed to the market. After you click it, it gives you a "AA" coin. When the "AA" coin is clicked it starts a 15 or 30 day global timer, the coin could be used and purchased by veteran players as a new npc shop currency for things like, 100 Mdef or physical non break gems that have a 100% chance to work, toughness 176 Helm gems, non fail pvp gems like resilience and focus or toughness. The coin system would benefit new players because they can get money to start playing while SLOWLY helping veterans.

The box would also contain for new and returning players new starter quest/welcome item. This item would give the player 30 days of "Nui Zone buff" where they can not be attacked by other players or siege tanks. After 30 days OR reaching lvl 55 the buff would end, upon reaching level 55 you would finish your quest which deactivates the "nui Buff" and gives you a Starter Ticket. This ticket like the legacy gear ticket would give them a full set of armor, either plate, cloth or leather. However this ticket should give them a 5k GS worth of gear. Each gear piece would have a special effect cloakable effect, like Chestpiece 2.5k Resiliance , pants 2.5k Toughness, boots mdef option or move speed option for plate, physical or move speed for cloth etc . The problem with the soul forged gear was new players put the gems in useless places and it didn't help them understand what goes where. The details could be ironed out with Trion and XL

The one time glyph box we can call it would contain things like:
    EDIT: the merit/loyalty would have a special npc or shop that only gave account bound items.

Day 1
    1 Safe Ride Donkey ( can not be attacked by players or siege damage) 29 day life span to = 30 days lvl 1-54 usage
    15 loyalty account bound
    15 Merit account bound

Day 2
    50 Gildas (for a small house)
    15 merit account bound
    15 loyalty account bound

Day 3
    Glider coin
    15 merit account bound
    15 loyaty account bound

Day 4
    Dolphin (blue one) or a Seabug
    15 Meritaccount bound
    15 loyalty account bound

Day 5
    Player welcome coin
    2 Slot farm hauler (immune to player/siege damage) 25 day life span to equal 30 days lvl 1-54 usage
    15 loyalty account bound
    15 Merit account bound

The daily clicks should slowly get them into the game in a way they will be doing things as they progress through levels and maps. The items could be ironed out later this was just an example.

If anyone has any feedback I would love to hear it. I know my idea is probably not up to trion or player standards but its a place to start.

See you all in game ^_^
    Your system ideas would be highly exploitable with trash alt accounts.

You can't give new player accounts things that can be used to enrich veteran accounts. I can tell you that I would exploit the hell out of a system designed as the system you proposed.

I'm not necessarily against the safe ride donkey although that could be exploited with cargo packs to get dragon essence on trash alts so I'm not sure it's a good idea. They would have to make it so you can't turn in packs while on the donkey at the very least.

Glider coin is not needed. What is needed is better instructions to show new players how to get a lvl 3 glider in mirage. All my alts get that glider around lvl 15-20.

Giving a new player a dolphin or seabug is no good... While you're at it you may as well give everyone a dragon glider

I'm not necessarily against the 2 slot immune farm hauler but that would be highly exploitable also. On the other hand an attacker could just drive the cart off and wait for it to despawn. I don't think the utility of the item outweighs the exploitability of it.

It is not hard for a new player to get 50 gilda. There is no need to give them a free 50 gilda. A veteran would either just take this 50 gilda outright or they would claim a house and break it down to harvest the plans.

For me it would be simpler to give away an armor that allows the noob to escape or to endure many blows.
    example: armor with 50% - 70% reduction damage but max weapon celectial - divine.
    I have 5k gs and someone from 7k or 8k kill me with 2 hit ...

+ Reply to Thread