+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shadowbane

Quote Originally Posted by Vr4r3X View Post
    if you play defense with less than 11 points.. you should switch it to occu/song/aura/shadowplay.. what ever

If you sill want to stick to defense with 6 points: change shieldslam/bullrush (really want to keep if for a short trip?).. for beastfulroar/cheer.. I personally would even switch sup-block for toughness
    Why? how much strength do you have and how much blockrate do you have? most archers/melee will crash through your block anyway. toughness+cheer heals you for 10K easily
    It doesn't need that because it wields a club and has access to fervent healing, resurgence, holy bolt etc. This class is not lacking for self heals, and defense self heals are distinctly weak when compared with those found in vitalism. The CC is time enough to get a real heal off on yourself.

The defense is because when a DR does a CC combo on you, this class actually has the tank to survive long enough to get off a CC and heal back up. Squishier healers very often do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vr4r3X View Post
    You are saying that I'm focused on 1v1 (yes that's correct), but yourself are posting a 1v1 vid? ;-)

I you play 11 point vita in arena you surely are doing something wrong.
    Correct. The point is showing this class can win 1v1s even without the pet (AKA pre-55) and abyssals. But it also can heal and CC effectively in small group PvP. It's a fully faceted multi-functional class as opposed to pure 1v1 cheese.

Your take on this class isn't going to accomplish much in any non-1v1 scenario. Mine can be played 100% of the time and be fun/effective everywhere. And it can still smash 1v1s just like yours.

Why be a pure 1v1 arena class when you can build this class in a way that you can use it in open world AND arenas? Healers are a high demand role. 1v1 cheesers aren't.
    Harbingers of Freedom - Dwarf - Vengeance
    Shadowbane

"To hell with honor. Win!" - Harbingers of Freedom Motto

Quote Originally Posted by metagaming View Post
    You wrecked him because you managed to find someone with even slower reaction speeds than yourself, and considering you're key turning, that's saying something.
    I'm well aware I have slow reaction time. I'm 6'7" IRL so my brain waves have to travel a long time to reach my finger tips.

That's why I play this class. It's a very tactical class with a lot of forgiveness. And it rarely ever lost once I got it finished and practiced a bit more. Like my signature said, to hell with honor, win. If I need to play cheese I'll play cheese. I'm just going to do it smartly and not build a class that is ONLY good for 1v1s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentient6 View Post
    I don't really care for cancer balanced arena classes, but the fact that guy has "kick" bound to a hotkey and proceeds to smash it after a balanced arena kill is a mixture of sad and hilarious.
    Yeah I know. K is a very high value keybind. A lot of skills jockeying for the "K" position but kick won out somehow.
    Shadowbane

Quote Originally Posted by Kaemik View Post
    It doesn't need that because it wields a club and has access to fervent healing, resurgence, holy bolt etc. This class is not lacking for self heals, and defense self heals are distinctly weak when compared with those found in vitalism. The CC is time enough to get a real heal off on yourself.

The defense is because when a DR does a CC combo on you, this class actually has the tank to survive long enough to get off a CC and heal back up. Squishier healers very often do not.

Correct. The point is showing this class can win 1v1s even without the pet (AKA pre-55) and abyssals. But it also can heal and CC effectively in small group PvP. It's a fully faceted multi-functional class as opposed to pure 1v1 cheese.

Your take on this class isn't going to accomplish much in any non-1v1 scenario. Mine can be played 100% of the time and be fun/effective everywhere. And it can still smash 1v1s just like yours.

Why be a pure 1v1 arena class when you can build this class in a way that you can use it in open world AND arenas? Healers are a high demand role. 1v1 cheesers aren't.
    This tells me that you still pot when doing a 1v1 duel. If you find an opponent using less mana, but forcing you to heal yourself with res. or ferv. heal... you are dead within 2 minutes.
    I would personally easily kill you in that time and I am also not a 1v1 class.

I don't pot during duels I just enervate my target if it's apparent it will be a long fight. They usually mana out before I do. Yeah when you really climb the arena ranks and start facing well played daggerspells you will die from mana issues occasionally. But climbing the 1v1 rankings as a SB class isn't worth it.

Once you get high enough every single mobile class you face will be like "Your class is cancer!" and run circles the entire arena because you have no mobility whatsoever as a SB, so if their rotation can down your pet quick enough, they can just kite you the whole match. Nothing you've put in your build changes that fact. If you actually played SB you would know this. I've gone entire days where every single arena opponent I faced kited me to a draw.

Personally I just let people kill me if they want to run around an entire match because I have better things to do with 15 minutes of my life than pad arena rankings.

If all you care about is 1v1 rankings dispense with this class entirely and just go Daggerspell. Much harder to kite a daggerspell and it's already a better class for that purpose if you can play it well.

Shadowbane should be played first and foremost by people who want something you can play out in the open world and as an effective member of a group, but still want a class that can win or at least force the opponent to flee in the vast majority of 1v1s. It's versatility is it's primary strength. It's a subpar class if you are looking for anything else because of the existence of classes like Daggerspell that are just so much better at cheesing.

It's apparent to me from this conversation that you aren't someone who mains SB / understand the intricacies of this class. This like what. One of 15 builds you run? It's an amazing class but if I were going to run it like you do I wouldn't even bother with it.
    Shadowbane

cancer is ;-) 1600 magic attack witchcraft/occultism draining people oom in less than 20 seconds and hold their heal efficiency down by 20% all the time + silence/fear/impale to break casts.
    This is what noone can counter as a healer.
    There is no reason of why witchcraft/vitalism should be cancer. Especially the way 99% of those player play it.
    You loose against every enemy who has more magic attack + withcraft skilled. 12-15K mana isn't much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2