+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archeage - Toxic Players and Sandboxless Gameplay - Episode 4 of "Problems with Archeage"

Archeage - Toxic Players and Sandboxless Gameplay - Episode 4 of "Problems with Archeage"

A quick video about some of the issues in archage to do with toxic players and how the sand BOX gets bigger but the amount of sand in it stays the same.
    Archeage needs more stuff, especially for the older players, to be able to stay entertained.
    Since new players aren't being welcomed, keeping the older players should be important but it seems to me that Archeage is focusing only on the top players that are engaging in everything and neglecting the majority.
    Toxic players, the main issue with them is there is a small handful of players that can grief a whole server and prevent certain game activities from being doable to a large amount of the playerbase.
    This combined with the nation systems sees a vast amount of content locked off from most people and just worsens the new player experience.

Some of it is fun and part of the game but when players take it to the point where it becomes impossible for a lot of people to do some things, it breaks the experience. Similar to how nations prevent anyone from killing world bosses.
    Take world bosses out of the game, take trade runs/farming that are touching pvp zones out and whats left?....Toxic players laughing at potatos, wondering why they refuse to join in other things : /
    Hopefully some of the ideas I mention here can be implemented in future because it feels like nobody at XL has gotten a good idea pushed into a patch release for over a year now.

I've only been playing for a few weeks, but I think you are spot on with many of your concerns.

You had some great suggestions in the last half of the video - I would be thrilled if these were acted upon. Regarding the ocean vessels, I haven't ventured out even though I have a time limited freebie in my inventory. If I had an instanced safe zone, it would really be fun to enjoy learning how to navigate the waters.

Probably the worst feature of the game for me (and I recall now it's one of the reasons I waited 3 years to try it) is the same-faction ganking. Having said that, the game world feels amazing and I believe this game has a lot of things going for it. I guess a player just has to decide whether the pros outweigh the cons for them. I'm still enjoying it and hopefully I will continue to learn and improve.

Taiver, although you voiced some criticisms you also offered solutions - I felt you were fair and balanced in this video. Thanks
    Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven7 View Post
    I've only been playing for a few weeks, but I think you are spot on with many of your concerns.

You had some great suggestions in the last half of the video - I would be thrilled if these were acted upon. Regarding the ocean vessels, I haven't ventured out even though I have a time limited freebie in my inventory. If I had an instanced safe zone, it would really be fun to enjoy learning how to navigate the waters.

Probably the worst feature of the game for me (and I recall now it's one of the reasons I waited 3 years to try it) is the same-faction ganking. Having said that, the game world feels amazing and I believe this game has a lot of things going for it. I guess a player just has to decide whether the pros outweigh the cons for them. I'm still enjoying it and hopefully I will continue to learn and improve.

Taiver, although you voiced some criticisms you also offered solutions - I felt you were fair and balanced in this video. Thanks
    I always offer thoughts on possible solutions. I feel the biggest requirement archeage needs moving forwards is a total revamp in the gameplay.
    Add new areas, new random stuff, new fun places to go with no reward other than enjoying time with friends/guilds and make all the world content fair play, not something to allow the few that are lucky enough to participate, a quick boost with income.
    Thanks for the feedback, ive played for the full 3 years. Ive seen every bug, glitch, fail and success. Ive killed all bosses, seen every bit of content archeage has to offer and now...I just use my time ingame to play with friends and my guild. I have no goals other than preparing for when and IF something gets added in future.
    Unless anything is added or changed, my friends and guild will slowly quit and the ones that don't will find that im not here because if nothings added soon, my enjoyment will deplete when I have nobody to play with and nothing to do that I haven't already, and then ill focus my full time on something worth spending my time in.

I support this fully, excited to see you sort out more problems Archeage could fix or improve on. A majority of these ideas would attract a larger fanbase and allow this game to rise up as it did 1-2 years ago.

+ Reply to Thread