+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problems with audio - plays through speakers, not headphones

Unhappy Problems with audio - plays through speakers, not headphones

Hi, I hope this is the correct place for this.
    I have been trying to get the audio to come through my headset. I have my headset set as my default device. All of the sound (except for background music during cutscenes) comes through my speakers. It's really weird. As I'm watching a cutscene, the background music comes through my headphones, and the dialog comes through my speakers. During the game, all of the audio, including background music, comes through my speakers.
    Any advice?
    I've looked online for solutions, and also been through the audio settings (basic, as I can't seem to find advanced if there is one).

I personally never had the problem that the device changes while playing. all i can say is, that the game sticks to the device that was set as default the moment the game started and (at least for me) it is impossible to switch devices while the game is active. i would need to close the game, set the other device and restart the game.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Hmmm, that's weird. I don't know, certain types of sounds play through different devices, unless I have my speakers set as default, then everything plays through the speakers.

Unplug your speakers before launching the game, then plug them back. (or you can desactivate your speakers's sound driver if it's separated from your headphones').

Attempt at solution

I'm using Windows 10 here, don't know which OS you have...

Since ArcheAge doesn't have an explicit way to name a sound source, I'm guessing you're going to have to tell Windows that your headset is your primary/default sound output channel. If your headset has a microphone be sure not to confuse that (an input channel) with the headset "speakers". That can be found on a different tab (Recording) in the setup (described below).

Go to your taskbar, then right-click on the little speaker icon in the system tray. Choose "Playback Devices" then pick the "speakers" that belong to your headset as default device. Don't let the word speaker fool you it just means the part of the headset that makes sound.

+ Reply to Thread