+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old events that should return.

Old events that should return.

So the subject of events crept up and with the anniversary event coming to a close figured it would be a good time to bring up a few past events that would be great to in the future.

Open your gifts (2015)

Spoiler:

So I understand why this was canceled in 2016 due to the recently opened FS servers. What I'm hoping is that since FS are still in 'discussion' that they could be held back until January. This would allow for a annual FS and adds into a theme of new year, new start. While allowing the above event to still happen since even the newly created FS servers would have had about a year to mature economically. It's all in the timing guys.

Riches from the Depths (2016)

Spoiler:

The description speaks for itself. This was an amazing event and the chests spawned just outside of the safe zones so it allowed for even the lowly scrubs to particapate if they were sneaky/lucky enough, lord knows I gathered quiet a few just outside of Maha/Vill last time.

Dive under the sea (2016)

Spoiler:

The important part of this event and the first one is in bold and italics, even with the new gemming system coming this could be a nice boon and if done in say March/April will help out in even the new FS servers. Especially with the mat requirements of the new gemming system.

Best part about the three above events is that they need little to no updating. In fact only the third one needs any real updating, replacing Merits with Gilda and swap the coin-purses with crates. Not much to it.

Hope this helps in any internal discussions.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

One more that I really miss is the Waterlogged Chests, that gave out Lords Coins and Charms from last fall. Afk fishing was a bit OP so i could see it not returning, but it was so nice compared to what junk Kirby gives out most of the time in the current event.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    One more that I really miss is the Waterlogged Chests, that gave out Lords Coins and Charms from last fall. Afk fishing was a bit OP so i could see it not returning, but it was so nice compared to what junk Kirby gives out most of the time in the current event.
    So I went looking through the last year of articles... not seeing anything about waterlogged chests or an event that gave lord's coins. Care to link the article/forum post on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    So I went looking through the last year of articles... not seeing anything about waterlogged chests or an event that gave lord's coins. Care to link the article/forum post on it?
    The underwater pack event (gold packs) was done by XL to rebalance the amount of gold in the economy its the only reason we had it, so unless XL feels the need to rebalance the amount of gold in the game it wont happen as it puts wayyyyyyyyyyyy to much gold in the community
    <Mythic>
    <Fatality>

Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    I know it happened between the 2nd anniversary and the Hallowtide festival, but i can't seem to find the page for it either... You had to stay logged in for 10 minutes to get a special fishing rod 3 times to get the full 30 minutes of afk fishing in mirage for Waterlogged Chests, which dropped regrade charms, lucky points and lords coins. It may have been too much, as one could sell everything from the chests and pay for that months patron. I still have some of the bound red charms on my old main from the event, and some of my guildies remember it, so i know I'm not hallucinating lol.

I know it happened between the 2nd anniversary and the Hallowtide festival, but i can't seem to find the page for it either... You had to stay logged in for 10 minutes to get a special fishing rod 3 times to get the full 30 minutes of afk fishing in mirage for Waterlogged Chests, which dropped regrade charms, lucky points and lords coins. It may have been too much, as one could sell everything from the chests and pay for that months patron. I still have some of the bound red charms on my old main from the event, and some of my guildies remember it, so i know I'm not hallucinating lol.
    Oh! I thought the waterlogged chest and the afk fishing event were two separate events by the way your post was written.

Anyway it was done in a livestream, not an article since the Blood in the Sand tournament was the article focus that month. I'll double check the twitch videos if they go back that far.

wasn't it in the middle of summer? it gave lucky 'x'points also and a whole bunch of junk that wasn't related to fishing/water/etc.

+ Reply to Thread