+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Solution for Potatoes and P2Ws

Solution for Potatoes and P2Ws

I have read several threads about solutions to the player nation problem, many complaints requesting it's removal and poll results showing a majority against player nations. Most of us realize Trion is never going to unring that bell regardless of how many players have left because of it and more will leave as they believe their server is becoming increasing destroyed by player nations.

A solution I hope Trion will consider is to give every one what they want. While there is no perfect solution for all, there can at least be an option granted. Let both regions have one server without player nations enabled for any one to transfer including Prophecy, Vengeance and Reckoning players. While it's not convenient for those mass land plantation owners they can choose if playing on a server without player nations is worth the move. This option has the potential for bringing back some players that quit because they feel their server was wrecked by player nations and prevent future players from leaving for the same reason. Players that transfer to a non-player nation server can change their mind if the grass is not greener on the other side and transfer back to their original server any time after the standard 30 day waiting period.

I think there are other suggestions worth taking into consideration for the long term to make a better experience for all Trion's customers including the casual players. Many of them would likely take quite a while for Trion to implement which is why I hope the server suggestion I'm making can be a quicker solution. Let's have a game all customers want to keep playing, not just those who spend the most money.

I mean. I've been listening to trion staff for years tell us that they are listening to our feedback, and deliver it to xl. And what I see regarding changes is more p2w, or steeper p2w. Devaluing labor, increasing mat costs, decreasing profits of proficiencies. So, while all that is great in theory. I would bet 1000 dollars of my real life money that Trion and xl will do no such thing in the next 1 to 2 years. Maybe 3. Mythic put out 2 pvp servers a year or so after DAoC came out. Those servers and their regular sever maintained consistent pops for a long time. Their decline was slow. The last server, a pvp server still stands. Trion/xl could have done this with their game.

I have never seen anything other than the regrade change that suggests this company is motivated to listen to its players, and make helpful changes that might help with the life and longevity of this game. Their track record proves exactly that.

Also the ******* regrade change brought with it a huge spike in gold cost. So do the math on that one. It wasn't some sweeping gesture to vastly improve QoL. It was a small % improvement. Gotta crunch the numbers. Bc it's always about the money. When I bring these things up, no ♥♥♥ing trino staff ever has a thing to rebut that.

The regrade change was actually geared to the higher gear score players in crafted Delphinad-Ayanad... which were already way unaffordable to the average potato player-base which was 90% geared in obsidian. All that happened is the cost of regrading accelerated, and hence the cost of failure became prohibitive. With the introduction of eternal tier, and with the elite geared, and elite gold addled server dominant players cranking out successful regrades... epic tier became mid-range.

Yet, for a poor potato to regrade his obsidian even from Divine to Epic, the cost became much higher, and the failure rate remained the same... I mean, w/o charm it's 6.5% success chance. That means 93.5% Failure rate. Is this any way to close the gear gap? Not on your life. It takes the gear gap problem and makes it even worse. And many of the poor potatoes hoping for improved odds, and desperately hoping to catch up... simply broke all their gear and quit.

It has to be asked, who is behind these kinds of poorly thought out changes? Why can't it be accepted that there are 3 levels of gear in game... and why make the poorest one, the one accessible cost-wise to the majority of players, yet requiring the longest farming time (with nerfing mat drops) to upgrade... and giving it the WORST possible regrade odds and best chance of total destruction? Erenor and dungeon drop gear, and now even Ayanad crafted gear have a whole other system to upgrade and improve.. and while Ayanad crafted still requires regrading, at Divine tier it's perfectly competitive. Dungeon drops and erenor take the destruction risk to upgrade right out of the equation.

And the weaker geared people simply don't run Mistsong hardmode... that leaves them in an impossible situation gear-wise. And all the 3.5 update did was increase the costs for regrading obsidian prohibitively. (Sure, the guys with a mountain of gold can afford to regrade fail until great success, and so it functions as a gold-sink, but the average player doesn't have the kind of gold to achieve this, and simply loses everything he has at break and then quits. Compare the guys with 100k gold, and the guys with perhaps 5k gold. A very different regrade result due to one guy having 20x more chances.)

Xl should take a closer look at and revamp the 3 grades of gear. Without doubt the best gear should have a harder way of earning and a higher price tag. But, the gear which is left as a route for the poorest and weakest players should not be the one with the most cost, the rarest mats, and the highest guaranteed chance of destruction. Let's get real here. Make the obsidian gear less elite, but also MORE affordable to be reasonably upgraded to a competitive level so people aren't forced to quit the game or hide on farms from PVP.

And come on... we're so far beyond soulforged 4k gear score in comparison to the elite PVP gods in 7, 8 and 9 k gearscore. People don't want good gear free hand outs. They just want a cheaper (affordable for poorer players) option, which sure, might require longer mind-numbling farming for library mats to upgrade... but even that should be attainable and not nerfed to the ground... they want an OPTION to gear up to a reasonably competitive level, so 90% of the playerbase can PLAY the game outside of farming and safe ship cargo runs.
    "SORRY everyone. As I said in a different post, I accidentally deleted this thread. Thankfully, our team was able to get it back."
    -Muzzy, Connectivity Issues

I want to move to a server like that. Today.

Nice in theory, but this would never work. The PNs would have no one to fight but other, equally geared players.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    Nice in theory, but this would never work. The PNs would have no one to fight but other, equally geared players.
    I think this is why it would work. The swipers would be motivated to swipe even more which makes Trion happy and increase their fun of battling eachother more while the potatoes that want to be left out of it can tend to their crops and do more faction content.

This is, as it always has been, XL's game and they focus on making changes that encourage more guild/nation vs guild/nation.
    But honestly, the problem isn't PN's. In every game, PVP is always about the zerge.
    Seriously, even before PN's were introduced, strong guild East and West alliances controlled all the content and pissed everybody off. So getting rid of PN's doesn't solve anything.
    If you enjoy pvp, but the zerge bites your butt, don't participate. Just do arenas and castle seiges.

They have to find a solution against player nations somehow, what you say is an utopia, I don't think it will ever happen.
    But balancing player nations seems more possible. But as I know there's still no work in progress to balance player nations.
    Maybe we should all send XLGames a petition or something?

I don't know if Trion or XLGames would take on the work of balancing with player nations like is needed. I'm rarely against having a choice and this case is no exception. I'm for having a choice over not having one if for no other reason than my guild mates stop complaining about the player nation on my server so they can opt to transfer from it. A separate server is better than Trion losing those potatoes and adding a server or taking one existing server and disabling player nations back to how the game used to be isn't exactly reinventing the wheel so this is something that can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    Correct, because the PNs already choose to not fight equally or greater geared entities. They just want to handhold, play dress up and 'pvp' anyone that can't legitimately challenge them.
    "You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw." - Bill Watterson

Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Archeage is not a PvP game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast