+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning player?

Returning player?

Hello me and my girlfriend used to play this game, think we quit around Sept 2015 (so maybe played couple of years?). I was heavy into upgrades and fishing and she was big into farming seems there's been a few merges? Is it worth coming back as she logged on and seems no land is free

Servers were recently merged and are still reasonably crowded. That's also why there are no plots available. Still, finding some wouldn't be too hard, free land occasionally appears but it is taken over by others as there's still many alts and such that did not secure land in the initial rush. I see people selling land every day and prices are much lower than they once used to be, especially because land itself kinda lost value with the major changes of the trading system that took place while you were gone. In any case, people aren't as desperate as before to grab lands, it's more like ... just having a place to call home and play with.

Maybe one good piece of news is that planting on public land (outside your farm) now doesn't require labor anymore, so if you really need a place to start from, that might be it.
    The bad news is that the vocation system has suffered a major overhaul, and many of the seeds and trees you knew can now only be purchase with vocation badges (there's new ways to getting badges too).

There's plenty people to do events with too.

I would say though that fishing isn't what it used to be anymore, mainly because it is very time consuming and the gold hasn't been properly adjusted. Also, a fishing spot now contains only 25 fish so you no longer can fish with more friends in the same spot unless you are okay with sharing. It has also become a lot cheaper since lures are now in vendor and chum is cheap as well. There are new ways of farming gold that are a lot more profitable considering the time factor+ silver per labor (like running cargos overseas - the new type of trade packs - and salvaging sunken ships - also involving trade packs). On the other hand, proficiency max level has increased and once you reach 230k labor consumption is reduced to 60% i believe, so stuff like farming archeum trees in auroria is also a good option. Larceny imo has suffered a lot, mobs no longer drop purses 100% and it's quite frustrating.

p.s. Forgot to add, regrades now have a bigger % success rate, but cost more. They said theyw ere trying to reduce the RNG int he game...

hope this helps.
    Proud green pirate, fervent activist of the Tumbleweed Nerf Society

Thankyou for the nice reply..am I right in thinking lv is 55 still and is red gear still good ? ...i think I was upgrading my staff ( they had special names or something) before we left. It's last questions I promise ☺

Level 55 is still max level but they added a new system. Basically once you hit level 55 you can level an additional 7 levels as Ancestral (from level 1 to lvl 7), so you can be lvl 55 and ancestral level 4 and so on. This ancestral thingy basically gives you additional ancestral skills (in fact, upgrades of your old skills) and ancestral skill points to spend on them.

More info on Ancestral things here http://ie.ign.com/wikis/archeage/Ancestral_Skills

They also added something called Abyssal skills, which are new skills that you can get at level 55 for any 1 of your 3 preferred combat skillsets. While they are quite strong, they work based on a charging system, more info here http://ie.ign.com/wikis/archeage/Abyssal_Skill

In both cases, some quests need to be completed to access the new levels and skills. You will find this info in the links.

Now I don't think I know what you mean by red gear. Red dragon weapons maybe? Those are still good and more affordable now, especially if you manage to get a divine or an epic I suppose. But with the last patch they introduced a new tier of craftable gear, above Delphinad and Ayanad and even Obsidian atm, called Erenor. It's incredibly expensive as it uses a different regrade system than the other weapons and armors: basically you regrade it by feeding it normal crafted and dungeon weapons and armors - thus, erenor items can't ever break. There is also a new regrade level, above Mythic, called now Eternal.
    Proud green pirate, fervent activist of the Tumbleweed Nerf Society

Thankyou Herzel ☺

think he means celestial, and if your gearscore is around 4.5k, then that is not great
    As for ur girlfriend there might be some land somewhere, but will need to look alot

Celestial tier is ok for Rifts (full buffered ofc) and PvE! Maybe you will survive enough to Mistmerrow if you are Nuian. But in PvP most times you will be one hit victim! Game became kinda different and more complicated than that you played back then tho. oh!!!...and forget fishing! is not worth to bother much except family quests that giving vocation badges.

PS. that's an opinion from a player that stopped few days ago

Edit: To avoid any misunderstandings!
    Archeage is still if not the greatest, one of the best MMO's out there.
    But it's time consumer (that's the reason I stopped), especially if you are guild leader, nation hero or you play as freelancer and you need to do some things (quest's - trade runs e.t.c.) that you couldn't in prime time due to hostile activities and ambushes.
    Also some major fixes needed in gameplay in my opinion. One crucial change for example would be to prohibit alt's creation in other nations from same account, than the nation of 1st created character. I can suggest some more but that's not the point here.

In any case if you thing to come back have fun and enjoy it as much as you can.

I play on both euro and na servers now for a year and a half. I don't do a lot of pvp and my gs is only just over 4k so this means if your looking for pvp you will need to spend a lot of gold to catch up. The new merge or evolution has seen Retribution server become very busy and now crowded in places but there is some land available free. The other servers may be the same I cant say really Eanna still got land around if you go there as for NA Aranzeb and even Kyrios still have free places plenty to build and reasonable amount of people play good luck if you return.

+ Reply to Thread