+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Crafting a waste of time....

Is Crafting a waste of time....

People in the server are telling me crafting is a waste of time.

I decide to try to craft something. It says I need a Grand Apprentice's Shield as one of the materials needed for making an Artificer's Shield. I'm pretty sure I received a Grand Apprentice's Shield as a quest reward a few hours ago but vendored it because I found a better one. This is a stupid system how am I supposed to know I should have kept it because its part of the crafting system. How many bag slots do you think we have. Are we going to save all our quest rewards because we may need them for crafting materials at some point? Now I'm supposed to pay 5 gold for a Apprentice's Shield and upgrade it with something to the Grand version plus get the other materials. By the time I do this I'll have a better drop than the one I'm trying to craft.

Stupid stupid stupid Stupid stupid stupid.

Nope - you don't get any item from the crafting line as a quest reward.
    No need to rage about the consequences.

There isn't really a need to care about crafting gear until you hit lvl50.
    Until then you can simply go with any drop you might get from mobs/ dungeons/quests.
    And check the AH - such low level items are often sold for a low price on the auction house by other players.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

The reason to craft at lower levels is to build up proficiency that you will need when you reach higher levels. But crafted gear at that point in the game isn't terribly useful in itself, especially as you will outgrow it quickly. As Turambaredolas said, just use the quest gear or get some on the auction house for now.

Also, 5 gold is nothing. Start doing things that will make you gold, such as trading or selling some items on the auction house. This game is not designed to give substantial rewards from questing.
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Conviction East
    Moonstone ~ <Facets of Erenor> ~ Conviction West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ <Wayfarers> ~ Conviction East

5 gold may not be much, but to make an artificers cloth hood, you need 20 grand apprentice cloth hoods. Almost all the artificers basic gear is like that. (Have been wanting to start crafting to build lvls in crafting arms/armor.) That would make it 100 gold, the silver and copper not added in. That makes it very hard to get into unless you trade/AH items. Don't really want to have to get into THAT until later.

And yes, there are a few quests that give grand apprentice gear as rewards, but most often they are dropped during quests by NPCs. Have sold more of them than I can count, but not making that mistake with newest character.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDeathDragon View Post
    5 gold may not be much, but to make an artificers cloth hood, you need 20 grand apprentice cloth hoods. Almost all the artificers basic gear is like that. (Have been wanting to start crafting to build lvls in crafting arms/armor.) That would make it 100 gold, the silver and copper not added in. That makes it very hard to get into unless you trade/AH items. Don't really want to have to get into THAT until later.

And yes, there are a few quests that give grand apprentice gear as rewards, but most often they are dropped during quests by NPCs. Have sold more of them than I can count, but not making that mistake with newest character.
    It doesn't take 20. It takes one, the 20 denotes the level of the item. I made that mistake at one point.

+ Reply to Thread