+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear Disparity and possible solution!

Gear Disparity and possible solution!

Cuurent system of regrading is as follows in this link. https://www.trionworlds.com/archeage...ting-regrades/

if the success rate was decreased, and the destruction/downgrade chance was removed. then we may be able to have the gear score close the gap between high ranked players and those who are lower ranked.
    in addition this will bring back older players as now they have a chance to get to higher tiers.'
    also this will increase the amount of funds trion will recieve due to the increase of players
    the higher grades of gear should still be hard to reach, dont get me wrong. but for those who are lower grades of gear and have been trying and failing because they lose the gear they worked on, would love this opertunity to gain in grades without losing thier gear.
    this will in theory allow the new players and old players who are stuck in lower grades get in higher grades of gear to Compete with the ones who are already higher teired.
    Gear disparity is real, especially because that will affect how players play the game, that includes Events, raids, and daily content.
    if this system is implemented. new and old players will benifit, not to mention we could see more competition. i understand the crafting system alot of people will blame, but celestial is still celestial, where as divine is divine. the grade of gear makes the diference in pvp.
    now those who are at the top and say this will ruin them and make all their effort in vain. i can understand ur point. but now u have a chance to go even further because no destruction and no downgrade. and ur gold income will not change so u have enough to hit mythic/eternal. if u succeed in regrading that is.

this is my possible solution, please comment away. and see if we can get trion involved in this.

I agree to this for i am an Level 55 an still new took some time off an as a new player an know from vets who play this game.They have told me i wouldn't get anywhere unless i paid into the game an if i don't have soulforge gear with decent Gems,I would not be able to PVP as i like to PVP. I came to Archeage to experience it but if i have to pay tens of thousands of Real money on this game there's No point i go back to Terra at least the paying part is for stuff Like cosmetic wise or patron for discounts on terra. Last time i spoke with an friend they told me that for even getting the New armor parts were like 250kg per part or something like that but if that's the case i wont be here much.

Gear and how it effects Us
    The gear changes an how it has effected new an old players, I understand if you got the money you can gear yourself just by buying it with Gold. but for new players an old players who have spent years or just getting started has Made most of the population Die off an only the whales have stayed yes there is new players that do come in but its very overwhelming when you see a 5k-8k coming at you as an low level an destroy you kinda leaves a mark on you an making them decide if they even want to play the game anymore even as an new player that basically made that person not want to spend there money on the game an leave. if you Trion can come up with an plan as in for the players who have an hard time gearing already an the old players aswell the most reason why people today are toxic an don't like what Trion comes out with is the major problem is P2w an Gear an when i talk bout the Gear situation Most of us who knows how it feels can relate to those who know it very well that the Gear Gap is out of hand. Especially if those who do buy gold an don't get anything done to them an we all know that people in the game do.
    But Friend an I came up with an solution to fix all that If you Trion can make it to where there is no downgrade or destruction of gear when regrading it will give the chance for New an Old players a chance to get out from under the Gear Gap so that the P2w will be equally valid for all even for those who can spend 20-50 on the game can be less stressed out an less toxic.

Make dungeon gear upgradable like weapon and it's fine for casu like me.
    I don't care about impossible craft like Ayanad or wast ton of gold on regrade for Obsidian (worst %).

Give us dg armor like mist weapon and gear gap is gonna be way less.

Can't believe it's so hard to think about this..

Quote Originally Posted by Liith View Post
    Make dungeon gear upgradable like weapon and it's fine for casu like me.
    I don't care about impossible craft like Ayanad or wast ton of gold on regrade for Obsidian (worst %).

Give us dg armor like mist weapon and gear gap is gonna be way less.

Can't believe it's so hard to think about this..
    Lilith u bring up a great point and i wish they would do that as well, the prob doesn't lie with the tier of gear, as more as the grade of gear and the destruction of ur hard work. that is one of the points im trying to say in this post. and hopefully it be one of the solutions.

+ Reply to Thread