+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Q & A Dev Talk — November 3rd at 1:30 PM PDT (8:30 PM UTC)

Mirage Pangolins?!?!?! PLZ.

1. What are you doing about the Private server.
    2. Why only lives streams for market updates? sometimes there are issues the community would like u guys to address and you guys in aa terms dodge for weeks .
    3. tell us about 4.0.
    4.tell us about the test for skill changes.

1. Will Trion do anything to increase visibility of information to general players? Even though more of an attempt has been made at communication (particularly by Muzzy and Celestrata), nothing has really changed in terms of consolidating information and/or making sure they're funneled properly to the general playerbase.

Updates and answers about important issues (one example being the past event problems) are often done through a forum reply in some related thread or answered in the middle of a livestream. But oftentimes, these updates are not reflected the first post, on the announcements/discussions page, on the website, in-game, etc. The only way anyone would be aware of a fix or a change is through word-of-mouth and/or slogging through the dev tracker. The telephone effect by the ArcheAge community is intense and having information kind of haphazardly sprinkled around is part of the reason there are so many repetitive questions asking for clarification or updates.

Ideally, there'd be a pop-up screen in-game added by XL that'd include major announcements and/or updates from Trion's AA team upon logging in (this is what the ArcheAge mobile games does and has been quite good at directing users to relevant forum threads). ArcheAge is good at not having pop-up spam like other games, but I'd say an exception here is warranted. Our current alternative is the Glyph client's link to the website, but not only is the website actually terrible (Trion's older site-wide template is definitely showing its age when compared to something like its Atlas Reactor site, which has far better information architecture design), the website posts do not get updated about these matters.

2. Can Trion do anything to better illuminate their discussions with XL? There have been a number of posts lately (particularly on reddit) where Trion has talked about their reasoning behind certain actions and/or XL's thoughts on a specific matter. These are highly desired nuggets because responses from XL via Trion are often pretty shallow. There is little elaboration on their logic/reasoning for various topics (again, the recent wave of poorly-received events are an example).

If the reason for this is that XL didn't provide any additional info, perhaps there needs to be a prompt to the designers/devs for more concrete explanations. Korea gets things like the Amigo posts to kind of explain things, but we don't have anything remotely like that. And while we can rely on community translations for KR info, Trion should be better armed to spearhead the conversation on our region-specific issues/changes.

And this also goes back to the issue of visibility of information. There are often times where Trion (usually in a livestream) says something like "That's a good question. We'll check with XL on why they did X this way and get back to you"). But the question is how? Unless it's a major issue, that question is often not repeated and/or covered again in a later livestream. And afaik, Trion doesn't keep a list of past questions that they go over with updates every so often or something.

Another request to ease the cost of levellig weaponsmithing. Historically the Xp gain per component, the material requirement, and salvage per Item was far better. combined withbthe gold cost per craft and the upcoming nerf on the laboir cost of raw materials and the oac of a viable means of levelling via raw material processing meanscawidening gulf between those that levelled weapon crafting in the past as compared to those that did not especcialy new pkayers. surely the life blood of the game depends on new players being able to progress in all aspects of the game

1) when FS server (date)

2) when fs server ( date)

and 3) when fs server (date)

4 real if i hear AGAINwe dont know yet i just gona change mmo

1. Can we get the merchants costumes put into Vocation/ Merit or Login badge shop?

2. Why are the Windwarith's Pipes unable to be traded with a house or between players? (I farmed enough tokens to get them for a friend who couldn't get online and now I'm stuck with them).

3. Why was the halloween anywhere warehouse not for loyalty as Amary said in a livestream?

4.Can we stop getting xp items for rewards in events?

I HOPE NEVER, PERSONALLY. Fresh start server was the reason that we were given for less reward from events for legacy servers and the level based daily log in tracker. Fresh start servers hurt Legacy servers exponentially! *chants No more Fresh Start... No more fresh start...
    Quote Originally Posted by mariusz View Post
    1) when FS server (date)

1. Any AA sponsor, sellout, drops if twitch streamer finish his green quest? Example: warframe do this on twitch
    2. Why AA don't have upgrade to direct x 12?
    3. Is AA already upgrade the graphic to another cryengine version?
    4. How they gonna fix the gear gap so new player can catch up?
    5. When can we paint our house or change the color of the house? When we can have a restroom in our house?
    6. Is any free gear giveaway in 4.0?
    7. Make thunderwing Titan open to all player not only castle owner.
    8. 5x xp for first month with free patron and gear giveaway, if no fresh start server

Quote Originally Posted by blizplix View Post
    7. Make thunderwing Titan open to all player not only castle owner.
    Umm, the Thunderwing Titan fight is open to anyone of the faction that completes their pillar. Or do you mean the Wyvern mounts? (which is only available to PN and is a ♥♥♥♥♥ to rise for a 30 day mount)
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Quote Originally Posted by mariusz View Post
    1) when FS server (date)

Savannalynn
    Trion Creator
    Conviction's #1 Cookie Dealer
    <SavageS>

"Sav got so many stalkers they build her houses just so they can stand outside." -Toast 2k16

Conviction's Tastiest Homes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast