+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Labor zeroes out when patron lapses? Since when?

Labor zeroes out when patron lapses? Since when?

I havent logged onto my account in days and the patron ran out today and it zeroed out my labor. All 5k labor gone. POOF! I paid my patron thinking maybe it was just a glitch....nope. What gives? Since when does the labor get taken away when you patron lapses for less than 24 hours?!
    Charleene - East
    <The Power of Grayskull>

Carlee - West
    <Boobies>

Ceceelia - Retired Pirate (Back on East mainland)
    <The Power of Grayskull>
    <The Pirates Who Dont Do Anything>

Since the beginning of ArcheAge.

Actually that isnt true. If your patron sub suspends then your labor stays at 5k until you use it and then the next time it regens (assuming you havent paid your patron) it caps at 2k from then on out.

Which is why this is so confusing.
    Charleene - East
    <The Power of Grayskull>

Carlee - West
    <Boobies>

<The Power of Grayskull>

That's definitely new. Not sure when it started though, has to be within the past week or two, let me check an account without patron.

Hmmm, I just checked an alt who hasn't has patron in years and she still has her labor, I'm not sure what happened in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlee View Post
    I havent logged onto my account in days and the patron ran out today and it zeroed out my labor. All 5k labor gone. POOF! I paid my patron thinking maybe it was just a glitch....nope. What gives? Since when does the labor get taken away when you patron lapses for less than 24 hours?!
    That is indeed a strange bug, definitely ticket-worthy. I never remember having labor get zeroed out like that nor did it happen when my own Patron ran out a few days ago.

I didnt put in a ticket because I figured by the time they finally get around to answering it, I would have full labor again and already used a few pools of it at that point as well. Thats why I posted here, I was hoping one of them would read it and give me an idea of what happened but seems that isnt going to be the case either. Was just a bit frustrating for it to take 5k during the pumpkin smashing event lol
    Charleene - East
    <The Power of Grayskull>

Carlee - West
    <Boobies>

<The Power of Grayskull>

Was it exactly at 0 or just a low value? If the latter was the case, it might come down to the following:

were you patron when you logged out? were you patron when you logged back in?

(1) patron -> log out -> expires -> renew patron -> log in: -->> old labor pool + what was added over time until the point when you logged back in (max 5k)
    (2) patron -> log out -> expires -> log in without patron: -->> old labor pool when you logged out (max 2k)
    (3) expires while being online/ playing as f2p -> log out -> log back in: -->> old labor pool when you logged out (max 2k)
    (4) log out as f2p -> patron -> log in: -->> old labor pool + what was added over time until the point you logged back in (max 5k)

examples logging out with 1k labor and logging back in 24h later:
    to (1) : 3880 lp
    to (2) : 1000 lp
    to (3) : 1000 lp
    to (4) : 3880 lp

it all comes down to: if you aren't patron when you log back in, you'll have the labor pool you had when logging out;; if you are patron when you log back in, you'll have the old labor pool + what was added over time from your last logout (even if you renew your patron 1 minute before logging in)

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is what I have experienced so far over the years.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

I was at absolute 0 when I logged in. When I had logged out a few days prior, I was still patron. I logged in to pay the patron when I got the email saying it suspended since it wasnt paid (I use apex to pay them) and thats when I saw it was at 0. After several days of being patron, even logged out, I should have been at 5k labor.

It wasnt anything I did wrong, it was an issue with the game or whatever. I just did the same thing I always do. Log out for a few days, come spend the 5k labor, rinse and repeat. When I get the email saying its suspended due to lapsing, I go and pay it, spend the 5k labor again, rinse and repeat in one month lol.
    Charleene - East
    <The Power of Grayskull>

Carlee - West
    <Boobies>

<The Power of Grayskull>

As for the labor being gone if you logged out as patron but didnt log in again before the patron lapsed so you lose the labor....thats incorrect. That same exact account on the EU that I hadnt logged into in over a week was patron when I logged out of it, I had spent the labor before I logged out, but when I logged back in AFTER patron had lapsed, it had 5k labor whereas the same thing on the NA did not give the same typical results.
    Charleene - East
    <The Power of Grayskull>

Carlee - West
    <Boobies>

<The Power of Grayskull>

I had patron yesterday when I logged off of my main account (different than the one I originally posted about). I had around 150 labor on NA and 1 labor on EU when I logged off them yesterday morning. My labor should have regenerated until my patron ran out, like it always has before, and then stopped regenning when the day switched over and the patron subscription ended. But it didnt. I just logged in and I have 21 labor on EU and 179 labor on NA.

This is very odd and different than it has ALWAYS been. Why did it change? When did it change? What are the official rules when it comes to labor and patron subscription lapsing now?

Could I get some info from staff please? I highly highly doubt that a ticket to support would get me the info/help Im looking for. Im frustrated about lost labor, but I am not going to ask them for compensation for it as I would already be maxxed again before they even get to my ticket. But I WOULD like some official word on how it works since it has apparently changed from what it used to be.
    Charleene - East
    <The Power of Grayskull>

Carlee - West
    <Boobies>

<The Power of Grayskull>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast