+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Letter From The Team: Into The Maelstrom - Official Discussion

That's the same as everything in the game tho.
    You pay a cost for a service/convenience. In this instance, your paying a large amount of raw materials to 'cheat' the requirements for mass planting, mass animal goods or free ore/stone (and the free tier 3 gatherables that grow around it, and tier 2 crops on the roof).

As you said, focus should be on, is such a convenient building worth the effort. Some would say yes due to the absolute refusal to invest labour into levelling farming to create bundles (and the argument that mining/logging wild modes is slightly more interesting than mass planting).

To answer your question: Would I pay triple the cost for the building? A building that literally breaks the economy of the fresh start servers? Yes I would, sure it would take me triple the time to produce but the effect would be the same, I'd have an overwhelming advantage over other players in the long run. This is a personal choice, I'm sure some wouldn't (and would instead profit from my production as no doubt I'd start pushing gold into buying components).

Do I believe it would be a healthy change? Yes. It would delay the trivialization of farming/gathering for an extra 8 or 9 months.
    Sakuracalli (West)

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    10:1 you'd be happy with? Why?
    Spoiler:
    This was how it was in the early days of the game. I helped several guildies build the larger 24x houses and ships. I remember rushing around the quarries to collect the mining nodes before others and the pvp that erupted around the stone wall in exoloch.

Just imagine the rush for the cedars in Rookborne, not to mention the revival of the hidden forests.

Granted a 10:1 would be a bit much, but 5:1 wasn't going to be that bad.

Once again this would have been a change that would cause players to have to specialize and be smarter about their labour.

Also before any mention of the lack of trade houses and fellowships causing a cargo issue. Remember that the community centers allow you to make the fellowship packs as well now. So that would deal with that.

Now here's something else though. If it was to go to a 10:1, there better be a value increase in the larders as they would require a much larger amount of materials.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

About Lunagems: You said that we will be able to either use or dismantle the old Lunagems we still have from before the Patch, but that they will work under the rules of the old system. It is clear that this was intentionally a reference to the rng, but does this mean as well, that we will be able to socket those lunagems in the same gear pieces we were able to before the patch or does that also only work with the "new rules"? For Example, at the moment, we are able to socket Cast Time in Instruments, Undergarments, and Bows. From what i read on omnom, we wont be able to socket the new Cast Time Lunagems into Bows anymore. "Working under the Rules of the Old System" sounds a lot like we would be able to socket the old ones though, but this might just be a wishful interpretation of your words on my side. Would love to see a red answer on that.

4.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #124
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    We'll be answering many question about the new gem system, even with it's own thread, for this friday's livestream.

We need that event before patch for progression, I think Celestrata did said it for an upcoming event before patch. We are 2 and a half weeks away!

@Muzzy my gear is gemless I will wait for the new system, hope its better than the current----> or not

Quote Originally Posted by youtube Jasonwivart View Post
    I think the only the only thing the community really needs to know is IF a subscription only server is a possibility for the new fresh start or should everyone just leave this game for good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Not against that idea in the least. As the letter said, no stone is being left unturned.
    Personally I think this part would be great. You guys have a legit quality game on your hands--and that's coming from someone who quit the game initially after a very short stint because of labor points (my brain could not comprehend opening bags with a sort of currency). I came back to the game recently with my husband who liked the game quite a bit, and we are hooked! However, I won't say that we don't have concerns, primarily regarding player population and what the future holds for AA. All of the things we have concerns regarding can be fixed.

Our Concerns & You

I think many of us would love to see a pay-to-play version of the game, where only cosmetics were available on the CS (similar to FFXIV in that way). I, personally, think you could bring in a lot of quality players and quite a lot of money, with a sub version of the game, if it was guaranteed that we would avoid the dreaded P2W that the current Cash Shop apparently causes.

I don't doubt that you guys see the complaints ravaging your subreddit, forums and other social media avenues. You'd have to be blind not to see the concerns of your past and present player base, crying out for you guys to fix this P2W non-sense. I see tons and tons of posts on /r/MMORPG and /r/ArcheAge where people say it's the best game they've ever played and how they would love to come back if it weren't for the P2W problems.

So, I guess my question to you is: How are you guys going to fix this?

This question has been asked so many times and in so many ways, but it doesn't seem like anyone ever gives a straight answer. It's great to see so many quality of life fixes via your wonderfully written letter, but the gear gap is still going to remain a problem at present. There IS a way to fix it, so what can be done to pressure XLGames/TRION to do something about it? What do you need from us, because clearly us just asking for the problems to be fixed isn't doing anything.

So to recap my questions:

1. You have a fantastic game, how are you, Trion/XL Games, going to fix the P2W/Gear Gap and bring your community back?
    (Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 was literally the absolute worst game I've ever played, they turned it around and now it's one of the best. This can be done for Archeage!)

2. Can you harp on trying to get a pay-to-play server, with a cash shop that only sells things like cosmetics, pets, and mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Darbii Rue View Post
    Personally I think this part would be great. You guys have a legit quality game on your hands--and that's coming from someone who quit the game initially after a very short stint because of labor points (my brain could not comprehend opening bags with a sort of currency). I came back to the game recently with my husband who liked the game quite a bit, and we are hooked! However, I won't say that we don't have concerns, primarily regarding player population and what the future holds for AA. All of the things we have concerns regarding can be fixed.

Our Concerns & You

I think many of us would love to see a pay-to-play version of the game, where only cosmetics were available on the CS (similar to FFXIV in that way). I, personally, think you could bring in a lot of quality players and quite a lot of money, with a sub version of the game, if it was guaranteed that we would avoid the dreaded P2W that the current Cash Shop apparently causes.

I don't doubt that you guys see the complaints ravaging your subreddit, forums and other social media avenues. You'd have to be blind not to see the concerns of your past and present player base, crying out for you guys to fix this P2W non-sense. I see tons and tons of posts on /r/MMORPG and /r/ArcheAge where people say it's the best game they've ever played and how they would love to come back if it weren't for the P2W problems.

So, I guess my question to you is: How are you guys going to fix this?

This question has been asked so many times and in so many ways, but it doesn't seem like anyone ever gives a straight answer. It's great to see so many quality of life fixes via your wonderfully written letter, but the gear gap is still going to remain a problem at present. There IS a way to fix it, so what can be done to pressure XLGames/TRION to do something about it? What do you need from us, because clearly us just asking for the problems to be fixed isn't doing anything.

So to recap my questions:

1. You have a fantastic game, how are you, Trion/XL Games, going to fix the P2W/Gear Gap and bring your community back?
    (Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 was literally the absolute worst game I've ever played, they turned it around and now it's one of the best. This can be done for Archeage!)

2. Can you harp on trying to get a pay-to-play server, with a cash shop that only sells things like cosmetics, pets, and mounts?
    Let's not forget how the labor cost for running specialty packs increased to 80. Making it that much harder for non pay to play Players to get by. Players have school, work, real life things to do and then play to grind gold to try to be gear relevant. The more time you don't play means you are that much more behind everyone else. On to of that, you get high gear players transferring over to grief as they are bored. Even if your ready to play after real life obligations, daily resets happen making it that much more difficult to farm gold with the labor increase potentially forcing players to pay for gold. There's no balance, the huge gear gap, the endless gold grind which will increase more because of the labor increase. Its crazy! this lady hit the nail on the head now, if you are truly trying to bridge the gap between players and their concerns on the way Archeage is running moving forward, I implore you to take time and watch this with an open mind how the game is perceived and experienced from a player's point of view. This is a healthy discussion nothing more below is the video, please review and discuss;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8aO22cTr4&t=65s

I, personally, think you could bring in a lot of quality players and quite a lot of money, with a sub version of the game, if it was guaranteed that we would avoid the dreaded P2W that the current Cash Shop apparently causes.
    The cash shop is not the cause of that. To the extent that this perception is true, it's caused mostly by the expense involved in getting the gear necessary to be competitive in PvP. You're forgetting that a lot of the money spent on the game goes to APEX, and that has never been part of the cash shop.

This question has been asked so many times and in so many ways, but it doesn't seem like anyone ever gives a straight answer. It's great to see so many quality of life fixes via your wonderfully written letter, but the gear gap is still going to remain a problem at present. There IS a way to fix it, so what can be done to pressure XLGames/TRION to do something about it?
    If you watch the livestreams and the staff's forum posts over time, you'll begin to understand that this is something they're working on. However, we are not likely to see the results of that work for a long time (my guess would be at least a year from now). The development is slow, with stuff to be released months from now already too far along in the process for substantial changes, compounded by the fact that everything has to go through two different companies and communication has to be translated into another language twice.
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Conviction East
    Moonstone ~ Conviction West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ Conviction East

Quote Originally Posted by Vyleth View Post
    Let's not forget how the labor cost for running specialty packs increased to 80. Making it that much harder for non pay to play Players to get by. Players have school, work, real life things to do and then play to grind gold to try to be gear relevant. The more time you don't play means you are that much more behind everyone else. On to of that, you get high gear players transferring over to grief as they are bored. Even if your ready to play after real life obligations, daily resets happen making it that much more difficult to farm gold with the labor increase potentially forcing players to pay for gold. There's no balance, the huge gear gap, the endless gold grind which will increase more because of the labor increase. Its crazy! this lady hit the nail on the head now, if you are truly trying to bridge the gap between players and their concerns on the way Archeage is running moving forward, I implore you to take time and watch this with an open mind how the game is perceived and experienced from a player's point of view. This is a healthy discussion nothing more below is the video, please review and discuss;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8aO22cTr4&t=65s
    My Take on Free-to-Play

Okay, so... while I agree that people have real lives to attend to, I'm sadly not exactly in your corner either where free-to-play is concerned. I am not for free-to-play and I never will be. I view free-to-play as a glorified trial and that if someone likes the game enough to play, that there should be little cause for complaint if they don't want to pay their $15 per month for a subscription. I don't think that an increase in labor to 80, which does make it harder for non-pay-to-play characters, is really an issue. If you like the game enough, support it. Every single person playing should be able to come up with a measly $15 per month. You could mow or rake a neighbors yard and get that much in an hour, so I can't be in the corner of free-to-play players.

Additionally there is APEX which you can buy with gold. In my experience, earning APEX for a subscription is something that can be done in a Saturday and that would pay for an entire month's worth of Patron. It's a generous system compared to other games like WoW or Wildstar where the cost makes it exponentially harder to keep a 'free' subscription.

Balancing in AA

On the other hand, I am in your corner where it comes to a lack of balance and a huge gear gap. They need desperately to work out the kinks in this. There should be a more balanced playing field.

I had a conversation on Reddit recently about balancing and wrote essentially that instead of constantly creating "fresh servers" and "legacy servers," I feel that AA would benefit greatly (especially with it's current population) from a 'megaserver'-style setup. As I've seen mentioned many times, PN is pretty big, with a maximum of 200 players per server I believe I saw, I see people complaining a lot about PN and I guess not having enough people to go up against it? If we had more people on the server, thus more guilds, etc. it would probably make this aspect of the game a lot more fun as far as battles and whatnot go.

My understanding is that there is a disparity is population numbers regarding East vs. West which is also causing a problem. Aion had this issue several years back between their two factions and the ended up giving the player incentives to joining up with that faction, until numbers balanced out. This is something that should be considered and would help a lot with balancing.

Obtaining Better Licensing Agreements

I had a thought this morning, clearly to bring AA to NA/EU, Trion has some sort of licensing deal set up with XLGames. Perhaps a renegotiation of terms could be had at some point, so that they can obtain the key files of the game and update and create for our region as they see fit, outside of XLGames's vision, which would allow Trion to fix many of the problems we Western players have, more easily. I obviously don't know all of the nitty gritty to this, but it was a thought.

Obtaining Better Licensing Agreements

I had a thought this morning, clearly to bring AA to NA/EU, Trion has some sort of licensing deal set up with XLGames. Perhaps a renegotiation of terms could be had at some point, so that they can obtain the key files of the game and update and create for our region as they see fit, outside of XLGames's vision, which would allow Trion to fix many of the problems we Western players have, more easily. I obviously don't know all of the nitty gritty to this, but it was a thought.
    ^ this right here would help (and have helped) sooooo much. Primarily in the bug fixing department that really needs it here.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast