+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Letter From The Team: Into The Maelstrom - Official Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Actually, players will have both options. So if you want to dismantle them, go for it. If you want to use them, go for it.

Mostly we're doing this because some gems have stats that you won't be able to find anymore. Those gems will be re-introduced in a future update, but we want to give players the most choices we can when this system switches.
    Thanks for clarifying

Too far out to even say yes or no on that one. I can say we'd definitely like to continue the separation between Fresh Start servers and Legacy servers, but don't know what form that could take.
    while it may be too far out to say yes or no you could enable fresh start servers with the ability to bring in your old character from the previous fresh start, with obvious restrictions of course, many of the housing designs that a character has could be converted to their market gold value or their equivalen gilda cost though that would bring with it more restrictions, also you could prevent players from placing more than one building at a time until it is built fully or a time restriction to where characters that transfer over with the designs cant place more than one design every couple days or something. also a tricky thing to handle would be peoples crafting materials, you could place all base materials along with certain processed materials into a package that cant be opened until a specified date so people dont lose their materials and dont get and unfair advantage material and crafting wise on people who are lvling fresh characters... many things can be done to satisfy both players who dont want to abandon their characters and those who want to go to the fresh starts, also needless to say gear that is on the character could be either shelved for a certain period of time like the materials in the packages or just give people the welfare soulforge gear with the design of a players choice, the leather soulforged that yall gave to get peoples gear scores balanced out sucked in appearance in my opinion, anyway these are just some ideas that might be worth looking into by trion and xl, not sure if im repeating ideas though. have a good day

Are there any changes to hero gems? If so what will happen to the old ones.

Thanks

Behind Trion Studios.. Inside the recycling bin.. They don't recycle :(
    The Battle Balance patch will be post-Maelstrom. KR isn't even getting it until the end of this year, so it will be a next year release for us.
    Yeah I figured this. I was questioning it. I know for a fact that KR hasn't even released these changes on the live servers over there. Would be strange to get them here early. I wouldn't like it. Although some of the new changes seem pretty interesting. Bunch of nerfs. Bunch of skills changing classes.

It is very difficult for the NA/EU Community to discuss these changes that are on KR servers due to the fact that they might not always be the same when they release the build to Trion. Will the community for NA/EU ever have a change Pre-NA/EU Release to suggest changes?

I know some changes have been made last minute due to PTS testing. Trion team gets an earlier build to test out skills themselves, I feel it may be too late to suggest changes because PTS is only for like 1 or 2 weeks before patch launch.

Quote Originally Posted by kogentas View Post
    while it may be too far out to say yes or no you could enable fresh start servers with the ability to bring in your old character from the previous fresh start, with obvious restrictions of course, many of the housing designs that a character has could be converted to their market gold value or their equivalen gilda cost though that would bring with it more restrictions, also you could prevent players from placing more than one building at a time until it is built fully or a time restriction to where characters that transfer over with the designs cant place more than one design every couple days or something. also a tricky thing to handle would be peoples crafting materials, you could place all base materials along with certain processed materials into a package that cant be opened until a specified date so people dont lose their materials and dont get and unfair advantage material and crafting wise on people who are lvling fresh characters... many things can be done to satisfy both players who dont want to abandon their characters and those who want to go to the fresh starts, also needless to say gear that is on the character could be either shelved for a certain period of time like the materials in the packages or just give people the welfare soulforge gear with the design of a players choice, the leather soulforged that yall gave to get peoples gear scores balanced out sucked in appearance in my opinion, anyway these are just some ideas that might be worth looking into by trion and xl, not sure if im repeating ideas though. have a good day
    I think you misunderstand the purpose and intent of a "fresh start" server. Starting a new server with a fully leveled, fully geared character with a full inventory and gold stock, even if you do take away their housing designs, is not a "fresh start" for anybody. And there already is a process to "shelve gear for a certain period of time", it's called waiting for the fresh start server to open transfers with legacy servers.

I wouldn't look out for an FS server for a while.
    I think the only the only thing the community really needs to know is IF a subscription only server is a possibility for the new fresh start or should everyone just leave this game for good?
    You want to work smarter not harder in AA. Make your money work for you. INVESTMENT tips all day in my channel follow me!

Link to my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-...OVObusemDVEXoA Everything you need to know about archeage. Guides on leveling, housing, rare items, how to make lots of money etc. Daily updates and features

@Celestrata Bloodsong

Any changes coming to the Mornstones? Also in KR you can't use the new lunagems with the old lunagems is it also either or for us? Can we have half old half new?

Quote Originally Posted by Aired View Post
    @Celestrata Bloodsong

Any changes coming to the Mornstones? Also in KR you can't use the new lunagems with the old lunagems is it also either or for us? Can we have half old half new?
    Good question, I'm leaving my armor half gemmed till the new gems arrive so I don't blow them up and waste more honor than i have to. It would be devastating to have to start all over again if the new and old ones don't sync up in the same armor piece.

I really like what i read, and some good promises for the future :-). was waiting on this tbh.

But i could not find anything about changes to the library for example, is the drop rate going to be better? or stays the same?
    Would be really nice if its at least a bit better than now.

We wish to know more about the BROWN LUNARITE, we keep asking about it, and you just keep ignoring us!

It's one of the most important items in 4.0, and we are simply curious about you being aware with it's rarity in KR? And how are you going to balance it's droprate in our version, knowing that droprate of Metallic Crates in KR is about 20x times higher compared to our version. By not balancing out carefully the droprate of this item can easily result in an economic collapse and community raging.

So, are you going to increase the droprate of the Metallic Crates to match the KR version, or you going to just increase the Brown Lunarite droprate from the crates, or.... leave everything as it is now, and just put them in an RNG box?
    Veteran KR/RU/Alpha player, The Hamster
    General BrutLeX from Kyprosa(EU) / Primeval since day1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast