View Poll Results: Do You Think Trion/XL Should Limit Alts?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! The game is funner and more honest if everyone is playing a single account.

54 42.19%
  • No! Alts are my livelihood and enhance game play.

59 46.09%
  • Ban Multi-client but not Multi-accounts. Log out before spending that extra labor.

15 11.72%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you for or against barring the use of Alts?

I didn't say it made sense. Just that I thought I'd read in the forum rules that posting with alts was punishable, so I would imagine that poll rigging by doing the same would be as well. If a GM wants to clear that up for us I would welcome that!

*EDIT: Turambaredolas has beat me to the punch on it. Thanks for posting this info!

Quote Originally Posted by Nygau View Post
    Punishable/bannable offense.. for an unofficial poll? if you vote more than once?.. not a chance :-)... welcome to the internet ;-)
    Using multiple forum accounts is again ToS. You wil got ban... if you use same IP. Trino is not working too hard to detect any form of cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    The Official ArcheAge Community Rules

"1. Only one forum account per legitimate user, please.
    While we may all have our alts, please stick to posting with one main account here on the forums. The exception here is for those who also have an account for the Fresh Start servers. In any case, those who post on multiple accounts to spam, troll, bait, to work around a suspension/ban, or to create the appearance of people supporting their own point of view, will receive disciplinary action from our moderation team. Forum accounts that abuse forum guidelines will find their main accounts subject to further disciplinary action."
    Ofc.. we can all say that one :-)... i could use 5 different ip's if i want to.. and they all look legit.. thats what i mean ;-)
    There are so many options to go around that all.. and then i think Trion is not going to monitor an unofficial poll..

I know what you mean tho.. but its to easy. and difficult to trace who is real or not in the first place.

Altho. personally i think everyone should vote once and not use different ip's, accounts, etc.. and do not abuse anything. but its the internet.. its all there in prefab form, if people really want to.. and no one will ever notice.

Way off topic anyway.. its about alts in game ;-)

And use this poll as intended.

I vote against allowing alts, but to be honest, the gameís design supports and even encourages them. Land ownership, labor regen, labor caps, etc. all pretty much force people who want to be competitive to use multiple accounts. Itís unlikely that Trion will change anything since it means more money in their pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Liith View Post
    Alt player gonna use alt account for answer to this pool.
    But nice try.
    (they do the same thing for be hero anyway)

Multi-acc is not fair and ruin the fun for regular player.
    But alts aren't allowed on the forums.

Are you suggesting that people would *Gasp* do it anyway even though it's against the rules? I'm shocked I tell you. SHOCKED!

In the end, it makes no difference whether you are for or against the use of multiple accounts, because there is no practical way to prevent people from using them. If they wanted to limit people to one account, they would have to use personal information (such as a social security number) and they'd have to verify that the data you provided was actually yours. How many of you would be willing to give that kind of information?

For the first year or so after the North American launch, you could only log in one account at a time. It's trivial to circumvent such a restriction though, and many players ran multiple accounts back then too.

I have to say, having experienced multiclienting, that I'll be reluctant to play any future game that doesn't allow it. It's made my experience a great deal more convenient and more fun.
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Conviction East
    Moonstone ~ Conviction West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ Conviction East

without alts there would only be the need for 2 servers.. There are very few people still playing this game

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor63 View Post
    without alts there would only be the need for 2 servers.. There are very few people still paying this game
    fixed.

Why shoulf we PAY (and play) if the company offer real service only for biggest "investors"? P2W = "be small" strategy in MMO games.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    I don't see what's biased other than my statements. The poll itself has come from how people have expressed their attitudes over the past few months of 3 completely different view points.

"Part of the game design" is just a totally false statement. If unlimited labor was part of the game design then there would be no labor system and Koreans would not be limited to one account by their SSN.
    Self-refuting response is sel-refuting LOL

Your poll is garbage. Forum polls are generally a bad way to gauge what players want but your poll is blantantly partial also.

Going to have to agree on the poll being garbage point. The question is fine but here is a more appropriate list of answers:

A: Yes
    B: No
    C: Ban Multi-client but not Multi-accounts
    D: Undecided / Don't Care

First your poll assumed the reasons people are voting yes or no. Don't do that. This a forum. People will explain their rationale if they want to. Your explanation of their rationale is just biased fluff.

Second, your poll assumes everyone cares / those who don't won't choose to vote. These are both incorrect. Humans like to click the shiny poll buttons to let us know they have an opinion... even if that opinion is that they have no strong opinion. Not including such an option always taints the results as people with no strong opinion will feel forced to decide. This is part of the reason judges are usually always retained in the US. People feel forced to check a box so they just check yes (Because who honestly knows anything about judges? I actually have to research and write down my yes / no votes on a sheet of paper I take to the polls with me.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast