Closed Thread
Page 1 of 179 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Connectivity Issues

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Community Manager

Connectivity Issues

Hello Adventurers,

We're investigating recent connectivity and disconnect issues, and our team is working on it. Stay tuned for updates.

Muzzy

EDIT: Please read through this thread for the progression of the information and issues.

EDIT - 10:44 11/16 -
    Good morning all. It was raining, so my commute was much longer than usual. But I am here again.

Update: There was a brief reprieve early early this morning (NA), but the DDoS attacks have returned and continue.

We are still actively reacting to the attacks and working with the ISP who is being attacked. This is not a "do this thing and we're done with this" kind of thing. With each attack that is defended or handled, a new one comes in, often with different parameters to address.

I'll be picking the compensation discussion back up with the team. We will not be able to tell you the compensation details until we know how extensive the issue is - We'll have to wait until after it is over to correctly assess this.

Thank you for your understanding. We know this is frustrating.

Edit: 2:02 PM 11/16
    I heard back from the team working with the ISPs to mitigate the continual intermittent DDoS attacks. They have let me know that we (and the ISPs) are employing all of the industry SoPs (standard of practices) to deal with this issue. Due to the layout of the internet framework and architecture, and the nature of these attacks, there is no cure-all that can be employed. However, we are able to lessen the burden on our service by quite a bit in comparison to what it would be otherwise. We are shifting our approach based on each wave of attacks to defend against them as best as possible.

We work directly with our ISPs to find the best possible solutions to each attack.
    We have, and use, our redundant upstream ISPs.
    Our equipment and solutions are in line with industry standards.
    We will work on compensation once we know the full extent of the impact this has had on the service.
    Our team is taking this very seriously and committed to working consistently to reduce the affects of this attack.

Edit: 11:58 AM 11/17
    This is incredibly important information, and I've checked with multiple people on the team to ensure that there are absolutely no breaches, or mouseholes.

The DDoS will not put any of your personal information at risk.

Edit: 3:18 PM 11/20
    SORRY everyone.

As I said in a different post, I accidentally deleted this thread. Thankfully, our team was able to get it back.

Alright, now down to business:
    - The DDoS attacks seem to have abated.. for now. There is no telling if they will crop back up again. If they do, we will return to our mitigation tasks and working directly with the ISPs. Keep in mind - there was no FIX for this issue, because it isn't a fixable issue. The attacks ended.
    - Compensation - I'm trying to nail down exactly what will be given for compensation, and will report it when I do. It'll most likely be a separate thread, and I'll link to it in here.
    - Many players asked about using 3rd Party Programs. Using them will be done at your own risk.
    - Thank you for your patience and understanding. This was incredibly frustrating for all of us.

More info to come,
    Muzzy

EDIT: 3:49 PM 11/20
    Hey all,
    As always, I seem to have spoken too soon. We were good for a while, however -
    I just got word from more players that there are connection issues still. Talking with the team now.

EDIT: 10:36 AM 11/21
    Morning all,

I've spoken with the team and wanted to let you know that PingZapper and WTFast are both things you can do without fearing any recourse from Trion. We can't tell you if these ease this situation for you, but we can say that they are not something that would cause action against your accounts.

The DDoS continues. Know that we're working closely with them every day, which is why you've had usable periods of stability during this ongoing attack.

I'll be here to read and comment if necessary, and to provide any further updates, should we get any breaking news.

Again, thank you so much for your patience with this issue.
    Muzzy

EDIT: 10:52 11/22
    Morning everyone,

The continual intermittent DDoS attacks are not in full force, but we expect them to continue, potentially with different tactics. We are still working with the ISPs to help in any way we can, though most of this is in their court. We've gotten many messages from the community concerned about the upcoming sieges, so...

While we know everyone enjoys Sieges, given the current state of connectivity due to the DDoS attacks, we've decided to cancel the upcoming NA Sieges. EU Sieges will continue. Those owning castles will automatically receive peace funds. If we have any more information surrounding this topic, we'll update you all here.

Regarding compensation:

The base compensation for this issue can be claimed from your ArcheAge account management page. We will still have to wait until the entire situation is complete before we can determine if there is cause for further compensation.

10 Gift Coins / 50 Festival Coins / 20 Dragon Jewels

Thank you for your patience with this issue.

Muzzy

EDIT: 10:50 AM 11/28
    Morning all,
    I'm back - very sorry for the radio silence. The holidays took me away from computers. My treehouse even demo'd

We have seen a marked improvement in connectivity, though we are not certain that it isn't just because of the NA holiday (Thanksgiving). We're cautiously optimistic about the improvement given the work we and our partners have been doing to reduce and deter the DDoS attacks.

I'll be around to give any other updates we may have.

Muzzy

EDIT: 10:20 AM 12/12
    We are aware of and are working to mitigate a severe renewal of the continual intermittent DDoS attacks that are affecting NA servers. We will continue to update this thread with information as we move into our launch for Maelstrom.

The NA servers Kraken and Conviction are currently under maintenance while we address certain aspects of the DDoS attacks.

EDIT: 12:18 PM 12/12
    We've opened NA servers, Conviction and Kraken.

EDIT: 12:17 PM 12/14
    Hi all,
    While I don't have a release date yet, I wanted to confirm that we are going to be providing a Patron time extension of 10 days (only applicable to those who had patron at the time of the initial issue) for the 2nd part of the first NA DDoS attack compensation pack. (the first part was 10 Gift Coins / 50 Festival Coins / 20 Dragon Jewels). This new NA DDoS will be treated separately and be given it's own compensation pack.

The EU DDoS Compensation Pack will be the same as the first round of the NA DDoS Compensation Pack (10 Gift Coins / 50 Festival Coins / 20 Dragon Jewels) The delivery date for this has not been set yet either.

There will also be a compensation pack for the current NA DDoS attacks - again, we want to consider the full extent of the issue first.

There will also be a PTS Delay compensation pack - those contents have not been decided up on fully yet, nor the delivery date.

Muzzy

EDIT: 11:00 AM 12/18
    Morning All,

The DDoS continues. It was even brutal enough to drop Aranzeb and Kyrios for a short time. Our engineers pivoted quickly and were able to get those servers back up and running again. They are also continuing to speak with our ISPs and work with them on meeting the DDoS attacks with an equal amount of tenacity to mitigate them.

Compensation Update:
    - The 10 day patron extension grant will be going out today barring any hiccups. This will cover those with patron between November 14-26 and December 12-15
    - Today, EU players will receive "10 Gift Coins / 50 Festival Coins / 20 Dragon Jewels" for their DDoS attacks (All players who logged into the EU servers between 12:00 AM UTC on December 12 and 12:00 AM UTC on December 15)

EDIT: 12:14 PM 12/18
    We continue to see ebb and flow of attacks on our game services (one of many game companies affected). Our Glyph Authenticator is also periodically affected - if it is not sending you a code email, please hit resend. All available Trion resources are working on the issue, in collaboration with external partners.

EDIT: 6:00 PM 12/19
    There was a burst of disconnects on EU in the past hour or so. That was because we required network changes in our European datacenter that weren't supposed to have a user facing impact, but they unfortunately did - and our team jumped on it asap. We apologize for that, but it should all be getting smoother with regards to EU connectivity - at least within the bounds of this issue. If there are persistent disconnects on EU servers after this point, please do let us know here.

EDIT: 11:57 AM 1/30
    We'll be announcing the release of the compensation in the near future. I saw the package going through QA testing. I'll update here when it's ready to be released.

The contents:
    • 30 Gift Coins
    • 40 Loyalty Tokens
    • 100 Gilda Stars
    • 5 Bound Worker’s Compensation: 1000 with no cooldown
    • 3000 Honor (6x Bound Daru Honor Elixirs)
    • 4000 Vocation (8x Bound Daru Vocation Elixirs)
    • 10 Daru Warrior’s Chests

EDIT: 12:29 PM 2/2/2018
    The final compensation will be granted today. If you do no receive the grant by Monday, February 5th, then please contact support@trionworlds.com at that time, but not until then. Please give the team time to run the grant.

The contents:
    • 30 Gift Coins
    • 40 Loyalty Tokens
    • 100 Gilda Stars
    • 5 Bound Worker’s Compensation: 1000 with no cooldown
    • 3000 Honor (6x Bound Daru Honor Elixirs)
    • 4000 Vocation (8x Bound Daru Vocation Elixirs)
    • 10 Daru Warrior’s Chests

2.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #2
    We're currently undergoing a DDoS attack and will continue to update the community here.

@Muzzy is the weekly maintenance still on for tonight? it sucks when its announced so late so just checking, Thanks

Wink

thank u muzzy :3

5.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #5
    Final Flash, I'll be announcing it in the next couple minutes.

Question

I get this same kind of latency issue everyday when i use luscas/abussal portal. Not sure why tho since it started around 1month ago already.
    2 - 5 sec screenfreeze's untill i reboot my pc and sometime even that dosnt help.
    IGN: Mynameissaukko
    Server: Next one

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    Final Flash, I'll be announcing it in the next couple minutes.
    Thanks Muzzy ^^ you're the best !

8.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #8
    We have seen no further impact from the DDoS. Connectivity has stabilized.

EDIT: AAANNNNDDD here we go again. We expect to see this happen throughout the day, but we'll continue to keep you updated here.

Nope

Sorry, muzzy just DCed again after you posted that

I've been disconnected twice now since you posted that it was stable. DC'ed right after, logged back in and got DC'ed almost immediately.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 179 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast