+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: 4.0 Gem System Overhaul Official Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnoob View Post
    I farmed 6hrs this 1Star Mobs in Aegis and got 1 Time 1 Aurora Chest and 1 Time 5 Aurora Chests in 1 Hour all in all i got 17 Aurora Chests with Double Drop Event.Heres a Pic what i got in that 6hrs(opened ca 150ancestral crates).

https://www.pic-upload.de/view-34377678/Crates.jpg.html

Like you can see i kill ca 350 Mobs per Hour what isnt bad i think.That means i kill 2100 Mobs and got 17!! Aurora Chests with DOUBLE DROP.WTF Hell..but ok so i bought some Aurora Chests to check the Rate to get a fine Lunarite drop.

Believe me or not after 50 Chests only 1 give me fine wave Lunarite (14pieces).So lets do some Math.To reach the 50 Aurora Chests with only farming i would need 18hrs with a double Drop event,
    maybe i was unlucky with opening but 14 fine wave lunarite in 50 boxes is more then a bad joke..and the best is for the T2 Gems that are incoming you will need atleast 18 fine lunarite.The new Gems are OP that means i will need 38Gems to regem my Gear,Bow and Instrument.

When i finished 1!! Gem in 18hrs pure Farming i would need 684hours to get my gear full with gems...684 hrs in other words 28days of 18 hrs farming a day..are you srs bro
    350 mobs per hour is pretty bad. Whats your gear? For comparison, i got around 12 metal crates an hour in DS which is fine for me, since i dont bother going there for 60 minutes non stop power farming mobs, so you could even get more with some lootbuffs and non stop farming. Also why would you farm Aegis if you want metal crates? Go to DS while its in war. Also if i remember correctly, they said on the last livestream that there will be a buff to the lunarit drop from metal crates, so opening them now is just simply stupid, since you also miss out on the new lunarit.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnoob View Post
    I farmed 6hrs this 1Star Mobs in Aegis and got 1 Time 1 Aurora Chest and 1 Time 5 Aurora Chests in 1 Hour all in all i got 17 Aurora Chests with Double Drop Event.Heres a Pic what i got in that 6hrs(opened ca 150ancestral crates).

https://www.pic-upload.de/view-34377678/Crates.jpg.html

Like you can see i kill ca 350 Mobs per Hour what isnt bad i think.That means i kill 2100 Mobs and got 17!! Aurora Chests with DOUBLE DROP.WTF Hell..but ok so i bought some Aurora Chests to check the Rate to get a fine Lunarite drop.

Believe me or not after 50 Chests only 1 give me fine wave Lunarite (14pieces).So lets do some Math.To reach the 50 Aurora Chests with only farming i would need 18hrs with a double Drop event,
    maybe i was unlucky with opening but 14 fine wave lunarite in 50 boxes is more then a bad joke..and the best is for the T2 Gems that are incoming you will need atleast 18 fine lunarite.The new Gems are OP that means i will need 38Gems to regem my Gear,Bow and Instrument.

When i finished 1!! Gem in 18hrs pure Farming i would need 684hours to get my gear full with gems...684 hrs in other words 28days of 18 hrs farming a day..are you srs bro
    Dude... https://i.imgur.com/RdKZkfe.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    "We" (trion/archeage) are not the target of the DDoS. The attack is on an ISP we use, which means we are bystanders being affected by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Oh man. Muzzy you going to ask your ISP for compensation? You would really fit into the Archeage community then.

Gem updates should be detailed in the patch notes coming with the PTR update today.

4.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #44
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    Hi all,
    Just catching you all up - We received a PTS build from XL, and it was the incorrect build. This makes it difficult to confirm any of the major points about the gem system. We have to wait for XL to deliver a correct build in order to give you all accurate information. Some of the gem system features are not functioning as we've reported or expected or requested in this build, so we're following up with XL.

Muzzy

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    Hello Adventurers!

This thread will have been posted directly following the 4.0 Gem overhaul livestream < click to watch.

There will be plenty of questions to ask and answer that we encourage you to ask here.

HOWEVER, please do make sure you watch the livestream for the initial bits of information.

Cheers,
    Muzzy
    this thread is a prime reason of why people do not trust a single word you guys ever say about" we are changing, we are communicating more..." and why ever time you say that stuff you get laughed at. No updates what so ever after what 2 weeks.
    You want to work smarter not harder in AA. Make your money work for you. INVESTMENT tips all day in my channel follow me!

Link to my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-...OVObusemDVEXoA Everything you need to know about archeage. Guides on leveling, housing, rare items, how to make lots of money etc. Daily updates and features

I wrote in the first Post that i killed the 1 Star apes in the Aegis Zone,they have 55k life and i kill 6-7 of them in 1 min thats 350k damage in that 1 min rly bad i know..the mobs dont stand in grp`s so you cant rly aoe farm.for sure i can go to DS and 1 hit everything with one jump so that i have 800 kills per hr but i want the goblets from the aegis monsters...

7.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #47
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    I have expressed this before -

I do no prefer to give out information until it is completely confirmed. Holding information until it is confirmed means we generally have all the answers ready and the flip-flop of outcomes is minimal to zero. During the time we are collecting and confirming information we don't have any to deliver, so it is can be seen as a lack of updates. But when we do deliver, it is solid info.

Sometimes we have to deliver information before it is completely confirmed. This is problematic for the above reasons, but also because, even with the "unconfirmed caveat" there is potential for that information to be perceived as final when it isn't. Then it feels like a promise, which may be flip-flopped later when the outcome is finally released.

Pros for releasing info early:
    - Gives players an idea of what is coming so they can prepare
    - Players may provide feedback that can alter the path of the changes
    - Timed well with media release to build hype - can help get new players into the game, or returning players

Cons for releasing info early:
    - Even caveated information can be taken as a "promise" that players get attached to
    - Players may prepare incorrectly because the system/feature may change
    - Media releases may then be incorrect once the actual system/feature launches

I can't think of more right now, but I've had many long conversations about this kind of thing and always feel torn. It can be situational, and there are definitely more reasons in both categories for this. Many other games don't release information early - they just put it out on the day of. I'm not always a fan of that approach, but sometimes it's the right way to go.

I do try to be transparent about as much as I can be. But that also comes with its own risks.

Sorry, I didn't mean to break my own rules and hijack this thread, but I wanted to explain the way I think about releasing information. This Gem system is a good example of how it all got messed up. It's super important to let everyone know as early as possible because it affects how they play the game going forward, but unfortunately, it isn't all solid information that we didn't know wasn't going to hold up. We're working with XL to get this situation organized.

Cheers,
    Muzzy

The question really is, will the update be pushed back? You just said that the received build was not up to par for the standards you guys were seeking.

Constructive Criticism:

There is a difference between not having the information for technical reasons and vanishing for a week and half after you told us to create a thread with questions after a livestream (and where you stated, I may add, that you were going to ask XL our questions, not just wait till PTS was released and answer it then).

If there are technical issues, fine, but let people know what's going on, like Celestrata did with the PTS situation.

When people deride Trion's communication, it's not because you give us bad news, it's because you don't talk to us. This is why people get mad and it hurts your reputation and your equity, while also turning this board into a snooty postfest.

If you're serious about what you said in the Maelstrom letter, that is the bolded, underlined, bullet point 1A of what needs to be changed. Keep your promises and if you can't, give a reason. Faster than in a week and half.

Question Old gems

Can you yet confirm that we'll be able to socket the older gems?

In KR/RU they're only able to recover the materials.

Imo, a prety important thing to know and ridiculous that it's not yet confirmed 6 days before the patch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast