+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: 4.0 Gem System Overhaul Official Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Thrag View Post
    Can you yet confirm that we'll be able to socket the older gems?

In KR/RU they're only able to recover the materials.

Imo, a prety important thing to know and ridiculous that it's not yet confirmed 6 days before the patch.
    they said in the live stream they had made a request to XL that they remain socketable in our version, so as long as trion gets the correct version of the patch we should be able to. personally i hope we can choose to either socket or salavage them. I got a few old gems i would like to replace with the new ones now that we can safely remove them at a reasonable cost

Today we will get a new official 'discussion' for the live stream later today....

3.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #53
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    The PTS will be available at 3 PM PST today. If you jump in there to check out the gem system, keep in mind that it isn't fully working and isn't represented entirely yet. We're still waiting on the proper build from XL to determine which changes are definitely in the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikai View Post
    they said in the live stream they had made a request to XL that they remain socketable in our version, so as long as trion gets the correct version of the patch we should be able to. personally i hope we can choose to either socket or salavage them. I got a few old gems i would like to replace with the new ones now that we can safely remove them at a reasonable cost
    That would likely require XL to come up with some method to break down the gem, maybe evenstone, but it would require more work on their end.

I too would like to have the choice though.. I'm just unsure how likely this is to happen considering how little they tend to diverge from other builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    The PTS will be available at 3 PM PST today. If you jump in there to check out the gem system, keep in mind that it isn't fully working and isn't represented entirely yet. We're still waiting on the proper build from XL to determine which changes are definitely in the release.
    So you say that less 1 week before the real patch you don't have it full...maybe time to delay the patch for let do some real test on it and, unlike all other big patch, do a proper patch without bug.

6.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #56
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...=1#post2655550

Head over here for more information regarding the PTS and the current system shown there.

Question: @muzzy
    will trion somehow bring fine lunarites into the game with 4.0?
    or there would be a big shortage of lunarites with the new upcomming gems?

Can you at least tell us if you plan on pushing for the use of old gems?

The already ridiculous gear gap will become quite literally impossible to bridge if thats the case.

New and returning players would like to know if the game is worth playing anymore. I'm holding my wallet and ready to dump it out.

9.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #59
    If you haven't already, you could watch the livestream where we discussed the goals of this patch with the gem overhaul. I listed the link in the original post, but here is another link for you to follow:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202145023

This will explain all of the things we pushed for.

Balance:
    Do you plan on changing every balance patch coming out of KR to make up for removed SKILL gems, Evasion etc gems still being in the game?

Gear Gap:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/co...gling/dmyb1hm/
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata
    On a personal level, I think this is one of the greatest challenges facing our game right now. Gear disparity affects so many disparate systems, which in turn affects the experience that our veteran players, returning players, and new players experience the game. I'm sure you realize, but even your own video's multiple problems keep looping back to gear disparity, even instances in which you didn't mention it.
    But ultimately it comes down to this: No one likes two-shotting. It's not fun. It's briefly fun for the person to do the two shotting, but ultimately it becomes boring and petty. And it really sucks to be the person getting two-shotted, especially when you can't respond back to a strike.
    We've already brought this up in a few meetings with our friends at XL and have identified it as a serious issue that needs to be looked at in the coming months. I'm of the opinion, and I've said this in our meetings, that we need to revisit how we handle stats on gear. This is a good long term solution because it can reduce the power level in the game while still making high end gear worthwhile, but it is hard to do because players worked really hard to achieve the gear they have.
    Any reduction in their power would be perceived as a hard nerf, and people don't like being in that position. But I think if we could reduce stats across the board and get our early and mid-endgame gear up to a level where it can compete in PvP and PvE, that would feel so much better in combat and incentivize folks to play in groups and in major conflicts, rather than shying away from it. High end gear can still offer a bonus, but that bonus should be reduced so it doesn't swing battles so heavily.
    Yet, you just blatantly admitted to requesting XL to go out of their way to increase the gear gap with the new gem overhaul.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast