+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: 4.0 Gem System Overhaul Official Discussion

Ok we are now past the original release date. Are we still not able to get answers to the many questions posted in this thread?

XL is probably still fighting them over their requests to imbalance the game (further).

Well, got good new and bad news today.

FINALLY a list of the gems was released, however it only shows what stats will go in what piece (which is good to know) but does NOT give the amount.
    *edit - this information COULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO US SOONER

More information on how the gems will be made is listed and where the mats will be found. (good)

Older gems can still be used......
    BUT old gems will not be able to be broken down (salvaged) - "We had lobbied for old gems to be salvageable once Maelstrom arrives, however the developers at XL decided not to provide this feature. We know it would be preferable to allow for salvaging, so we’ll continue to advocate for that change." (not so good)
    Katz's motto was "Katz never closes", till they did

4.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #64
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by ERose View Post
    *edit - this information COULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO US SOONER
    We gave it to you 2 days after we were certain of this information. I would have liked to have been able to give it to you 3-4 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    We gave it to you 2 days after we were certain of this information. I would have liked to have been able to give it to you 3-4 weeks ago.
    1. 3.7 (not 4.0) was where most of thes changes started and was released in South Korea in April
    2. November we were promised a list of gems
    3. 2 days ago was on Dec 6 - the original 4.0 release date (before it got pushed back a week to the 13th)

The timeline does make some of us wonder why it took so long. Are the changes that much different from what was released in the South Korean version?

Quote Originally Posted by ERose View Post
    1. 3.7 (not 4.0) was where most of thes changes started and was released in South Korea in April
    2. November we were promised a list of gems
    3. 2 days ago was on Dec 6 - the original 4.0 release date (before it got pushed back a week to the 13th)

The timeline does make some of us wonder why it took so long. Are the changes that much different from what was released in the South Korean version?
    Considering that our Gems will not be salvageable like they are in Korea, despite Trion trying to get us both salvageable and still usable old gems, yes.
    Gameprooe, the Executioner of Enla West
    Solo Player, Researcher, Theorycrafter
    Playing Executioner full-time on Kraken

Twitch - Gamepro03 - Mondays/Thursdays/Saturdays @ 8 PM CST and at unscheduled times

Archeage Research & Development Discord - Now public!
    This Discord server's purpose is to mass a collection of like-minded individuals who seek to test and explore the secrets of mechanics behind Archeage. Feel free to hop on by and help out with the project!

Quote Originally Posted by illspirit View Post
    XL is probably still fighting them over their requests to imbalance the game (further).
    They are not fighting they are just saying to Trion you cant have both feature salvaging and keep the old lunagem socketable.

Its Trion who choosed the wrong feature. they can savage their old lunagem in 3.7/4.0 in KR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamepro03 View Post
    Considering that our Gems will not be salvageable like they are in Korea, despite Trion trying to get us both salvageable and still usable old gems, yes.
    A bit of clarification: I am talking about JUST the list of what goes where not the how.
    Looking at the list given to us today, it looks just like the one on omnom.oi (I have not found any differences yet).
    That was posted MONTHS ago.

So, yes, I believe that the LIST could have been released before today.

As far as the salvaging, did Trion say that we would be able too or just keep the old gems? (I cant remember if it was or was not stated)

what happens to unidentified lunarite in 4.0?

"Also, there are no changes to Lunafrosts in Maelstrom, or to the functionality of Hero gems – though the stats for Hero gems have changed. Hero gems will also be unsocketable."

Hero gems are unsocketable what? isn't this a "special" reward to those that were chosen by their particular servers and blah blah blah? why are they unsocketable? wut........

"We had lobbied for old gems to be salvageable once Maelstrom arrives, however the developers at XL decided not to provide this feature. We know it would be preferable to allow for salvaging, so we’ll continue to advocate for that change."

old gems aren't salvageable? like again wut? rip people who saved up prestige through prestige gems and hoarders that stocked up old t1,t2,t3 gems lol

i mean why would we wanna continue socketing gems we cannot even make. make them salvageable.

this is why you guys should just get us the korean version and tell everyone that you'll try to make old gems usable and move forward. not sideways and backwards.

10.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #70
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    Sorry for the confusion bunny,
    I've updated the article to say what I really meant - Hero gems will be able to be extracted and resocketed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast