+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: 4.0 Gem System Overhaul Official Discussion

So to craft these new gems you have to buy the T1 gem from the honor store, then upgrade it to T2 with the same color lunarite and charcoal? We don't have to have these flux stones or catalyst stones? Whats the prof req. to craft these gems up to T2?

Question Unidentified Lunarite

Will the present days (3.5) Unidentified Lunarite be used in 4.0?
    if yes can we store them and open them in 4.0 or should we open them now and and convert them later in 4.0?

During the live stream, there was mention of a spreadsheet that was going to be released. I haven't yet seen it, and was curious if I had just missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyion View Post
    During the live stream, there was mention of a spreadsheet that was going to be released. I haven't yet seen it, and was curious if I had just missed it.
    TTTTheBlueMuzzy - Today at 00:13
    I have yet to be able to finish writing this Gem article because I have yet to get all of the answers.

From Muzzy on EU discord today. I guess they are still collecting info.

Prestige shop?

What happens to the lunascales in the prestige shop? They said shield defense penetration rate gems and evasion gems are going away. Those are currently in the guild prestige shop. What will be in the prestige shop instead?

I want to know so I can decide if I want to save or spend my prestige.

Did I understand correctly that, although KR has taken old gems out of the game completely and we are requesting to keep old gems in gear, as well as, allow future slotting of these gems?

Wouldn't that make any future class balancing be done with only the new gems in mind, and not old gems, and certainly not double stacking new and old gems?

If I'm not mistaken, this could potentially break future game balances.

---

Examples:

1a) KR takes evasion out of the game. KR buffs archers... "Cool, Archers are brought in line with other classes"
    1b) NA keeps evasion in the game. NA buffs archers... "Cool, Archers are demigods."

2a) KR takes out gem that boosts damage of "Skill-A". KR buffs "Skill-A"...."I really like the changes to "Skill-A".
    2b) NA keeps the gem that boosts "Skill-A", and possibly allows for double-stacking of "Skill-A" gems. NA then buffs "SKill-A"...."I only need to use one button in this game, Skill-Ahahahahahahahahahaha"

---

With that in mind, I'm sure you could come up with a compromise that wouldn't sting those who have worked hard for their gems. Where maybe the old gems can be traded for equivalent of new gems in NA version. I dont have that answer, but I am weary of the balance implications of your team's requests regarding gem balance.

Before someone chimes in about the game not being balanced around gems. You can't tell me that (for example) taking Evasion gemming right out of the game, while skills affect evasion, wouldn't be relative.

is anything diferent in the stream from omnom ? cause i dont have the time to go through this mindless show talks to extract the relevant info from gibberish talks.

If you want to hand in information please WRITE THINGS DOWN like OMNOM did.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pavmelas View Post
    is anything diferent in the stream from omnom ? cause i dont have the time to go through this mindless show talks to extract the relevant info from gibberish talks.

If you want to hand in information please WRITE THINGS DOWN like OMNOM did.

Thanks
    They said during the live stream they would be providing tables and such this week.

Of course they also said to post here to get answers to your questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Before someone chimes in about the game not being balanced around gems. You can't tell me that (for example) taking Evasion gemming right out of the game, while skills affect evasion, wouldn't be relative.
    I think a more important question in regards to balance is why remove evasion in the first place and yet leave parry gems.

I think it's a bad idea to allow players to mix and match new gems on items that have old gems. I also think it's a mistake to diverge from the KR style of not being able to socket old gems anymore in 4.0.

New and returning players will not be able to acquire these gems. You're putting them at a disadvantage by allowing existing players to have something the new players can not.

You really need to consider how to get new players to stick around. This design achieves the opposite.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast