+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Loot boxes news from EU commision

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    And? Wtf cares?? Self control is so hardu for the manchild gamers.

Loot boxes are fun
    Self control is a rare skill, it has to be taught and proper education this day and age is rarer still.

If self control was natural to humans then we wouldn't have 9/10 the problems we do now.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    Self control is a rare skill, it has to be taught and proper education this day and age is rarer still.

If self control was natural to humans then we wouldn't have 9/10 the problems we do now.
    Truer words have never been spoken my friend

Greetings from Hawaii:
    https://youtu.be/5WxcGYvvgJo
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

EU to Possibly Ban Lootboxes

EU to Possibly Ban Lootboxes

The Dutch minister of justice, government and the gambling authority, plus that of Belgium, are discussing the legal banning of games with lootboxes and proposing this to the EU in Brussels. The reason? Lootboxes (and thus RNG boxes) are a way of gambling.

Good luck Trion

Official news item here
    “If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?”
    - Jalaluddin Rumi

Interesting fact is that the EU is being asked by several countries to ban lootboxes. I've Always said it's gambling and all you fanboys said Nooooooooo it is not.. I was not enjoying the level of stupidity back then, and I wonder if those same nay sayers now suddenly have swayed their little opninion just because the big EU is saying it IS gambling. Well, Trion, I hope it will be banned, because then you have to come up with a non-gambling way to improve your income - one way would be to improve the game by telling XL to do so, but that is just silly ol' me, feel free to ignore me - it isn't like I'm right or anything You will actually have to compete with better games and improve the quality then. I do know you can do that, but I do not know if that is in the planning that Trion has for AA.
    “If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?”
    - Jalaluddin Rumi

This is kind of interesting becuase If they ban loot boxes on EU and Trion/Xl games wants their game to played in that country they will have to abide by the rules and then a solid amount of players will flood these servers since the "P2W" box is out and Trion will have to figure out another way to sell new gliders, mounts, clothing....

They may have to resort to an honest cash shop =O

I welcome the days of getting what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by illspirit View Post
    They may have to resort to an honest cash shop =O

I welcome the days of getting what you pay for.
    However, the prices in such a cash shop would have to be very high in order for the level of income to be anywhere near what companies get from RNG boxes. Are you also willing to pay those prices?
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Conviction East
    Moonstone ~ <Facets of Erenor> ~ Conviction West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ <Dust Bunnies> ~ Conviction East

Figured this was one of many reasons Trion put charms into the honor shop. At least if this goes through Cryptic will have to get rid of the lock boxes in STO and I'll be able to buy the ships from those via Zen instead of insanely needed luck or grinding for the billion+ EC those things go for on the Exchange.

As for mounts and costumes in the CS, I'd suggest looking over at TERA for pricing examples.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2