+ Reply to Thread

Thread: After character select game freeze and pc restarts

After character select game freeze and pc restarts

Hello

This issue is not in Oyranos account, but one of my alts and ONLY ONE of my alts. I can log with all but when I load this specific account, at character selection, when I click to load the game, everything freeze including mouse cursor and after a while pc restarts.

Did you update windows recently? The latest fall update is causing plenty of trouble if using AMD, myself cant even play anymore. But if you say you can play with other accounts it must be something else. Just in case, be sure to have all the drivers up to date and if you are using AMD try the beta drivers they release. It did nothing in my case but it might help you. Also it would be nice if you give some details about your pc. Cheers.

Sorry for the delay.. Something happened with the nvidia drivers/windows

I checked device manager and gave me error 43 code for my gpu. Nothing works, restart, shutdown, driver uninstall with DDU, nada.. the gpu seems to have no problems though, it was very dusty I removed the gpu, clean it install it in a diferent PCI slot. Safe mode the gpu is without errors and I understand that IT IS NOT the HARDWARE, there is no yellow indicator that something is wrong. The error is located in normal windows mode.

I did have many "device removed" errors all the time, but NVIDIA drivers do that allot in the past.

So now I am going for a format... stay tuned. lol

if you have the error "defice removed" just switch to dx9 is an issue to dx11 long time ago.. and if you have same has me in dx9 get UI reset everytime.. GL because still i can't resolve the problem^^

I think my gpu fried.. The error code 43 remains with formats with everything and so...i removed the gpu I temporally play with an ancient gpu gt 9500 till I get a more descent one and I may then try more risky ways of fixing it. I offered it 2 days of failed attempts to fix it with 2 formats, endless reinstalls, safe mode, new psu, etc... nada.

Now I cannot hold more than 2 windows as multibox just to do my thing and mostly I play with one window about 20-25 fps... but I can still do some events to keep up my main toon.

Even though the gpu is not completely dead, I can still log and do basic things, but it only works with basic vga driver. The end result if nothing works, I may cook it, its out of warranty. It is an ASUS GTX 780 Direct cu II but first I need to test it in a different built (mobo), it may be my very old motherboard 10y old.

this month I am getting most of the parts for my new built as well! But gpu was not in my list, another headache.

+ Reply to Thread