+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: What are you most excited about 4.0?

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    Each to their own I guess but make no mistake, Fresh start servers ruined as much of archeage as player nations did.

It's a double edged sword because it's so short lived but the damage lingers, like a hype train that keeps crashing yet people still board it for 1 month of "fun"
    I agree with this sentiment and wish that Trion stopped making FS servers.

To the topic at hand, I'm not looking forward to anything. In fact I'm playing this game less and less since 3.0 tbh.
    The game gets ruined more with each patch.

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post

3/4's of Gs comes from gems, they make a huge difference so it was kinda important...
    Having to whale now to catch up, to clear up your confusion. It's not as if I was whaling for the entire three years. I was doing trade packs to make money. I had friends who had just one account, but always joined zerg guilds. They got money and gear faster than me. So I know that even doing trade packs with 4 accounts for 8 hours a day still somehow can't keep up with people who spent that entire time joining zergs and/or whaled those entire 3 years.
    IGN: Lyvectra
    Server: Inoch Hanure Thunderwing

Quote Originally Posted by Balipada View Post
    I understand your frustration but also believe you are not being 100% truthful with yourself. Many of the top players in the game ran away from the zergy sociopaths to servers where they could free farm, and have gone back to fight those same people later.

The top players have multiple characters (patron), have farmed countless hours for mats, runs 1000's of packs, learned they system on the easiest ways to make gold (yes many found this to be purchasing it), have purchased RNG boxes to get specific items to sell in game or use (superior reds, invuln glider, etc...), coordinated at every level to kill countless bosses, and so much more over the course of 3 + years. Are you saying someone that comes in now should be able to just gear up in a few months to be competitive? How is that right?

The truth his newer players just don't want to make the kind of time and money investment to get to the top level, but also a larger amount of people don't want to make the effort to even make it to being competitive.

I've seen two situations that completely debunk your comment from different angles. One is a person that joined 4 months ago and is now in a top guild with a 5500gs, but they are a sooth with is not for everyone but they server a purpose and they are in competitive PVP. The second went a different route. He bought a large chunk of gold online(not that I condone or promote this but we know it happens), put it all into an Erenor weapon, and is using celestial gear...not fully gemmed yet, but is a glass cannon DR that regularly wrecks people. In the first case it is mass PVP, in the second mostly 1v1, but in both they are competitive in PVP and in a short period of time. So it can be done, and in 3 months instead of the 3 years the rest of us have put into it, with a fraction of the effort (and not having to deal with the zergy sociopaths).
    You cannot count someone buying gold as a legitimate example of someone having obtained something through the game's mechanics. That is the definition of bypassing the game's mechanics. Is that not a prime example of how it is known that using the game's mechanics is a poor way to catch up and that those mechanics are flawed? And now this patch only makes it worse.

And "ran away to free farm and then go back to fight those people"? Maybe all that happened while I was playing BDO? All I've seen the player nations do is find a server where there is not another player nation and then go free farm that to infinity. No one went back to fight anyone, they just squatted. How noble, trolling a free farm server while pretending you want to go back and fight another "worse" player nation. But maybe I'm just thinking in terms of the dumpster fire that was Hanure. Who knows.

However, I can't fault the players entirely. The game encourages you to be a sociopath. The sociopaths are the ones who are most successful in it. The game's mechanics encourage it. So there's really no one to blame but the developers themselves. They designed it to appeal to those types of people. And ever since the patch in which they made it impossible to gank people in a housing area, they've been trying to backpeddle on that design decision and make the game more carebear-friendly. What you end up with is a base system designed to be a gankbox with a bandaid of big-brother over top of it. It may have been better if they had designed it with specific carebear protections in mind in the first place, but they didn't. The castle system is just another flawed system amongst the many they've been trying to correct.

But again, I'm ranting. I haven't been this angry since the patch that killed PVP in housing areas (the one that made me quit and play BDO). You were doing so well, AA, with the patch 3.5 getting rid of the tiresome need to trek alllll the way from Gweonid (or wherever) to Solis or Yny just to get charcoal, and the less-RNG-reliant gear system. Patch 3.5 made me think there was hope again but now 4.0 has decided "hey, we should **** the people who have made a long-term plan to feed their Erenors by making ALL OF THE OPTIMAL FEEDING METHODS COST MORE." Want to feed it Normals? Charcoal just doubled in price. Want to feed it Obsidians? Obsidians now rely on charcoal too!

*sigh*

*...sighhhhhh...*

I guess this is...not so bad...because there IS a regrade chance increase coming sometime in the future. So this is just a bubble patch in which the cost of making gear will be higher until the patch that brings those new regrade chances in, which will make them settle back down to current prices or less. But my question then becomes: Trion, why are we getting this patch without that regrade patch that would balance out the changes this one is introducing?
    IGN: Lyvectra
    Server: Inoch Hanure Thunderwing

The fact that KR is rereleasing the game, is a good indicator of where the game is heading.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindlessthinker View Post
    Having to whale now to catch up, to clear up your confusion.
    Speak to rip guild on thunderwing for whaling tips lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Mindlessthinker View Post
    I guess this is...not so bad...because there IS a regrade chance increase coming sometime in the future. So this is just a bubble patch in which the cost of making gear will be higher until the patch that brings those new regrade chances in, which will make them settle back down to current prices or less. But my question then becomes: Trion, why are we getting this patch without that regrade patch that would balance out the changes this one is introducing?
    I don't think its going to benefit the lower end by increasing regrade chances, If anything it will push the ceiling higher.

Especially with the new costs these days, failures really add up.

They should not have allowed the addition of new gems to items that have old gems. It screws new and returning players.

I'm excited about the 100% slotting because I have 4 items that are ungemmed. I'm excited about the new tempers and the dungeon changes. I like that they're merging materials and simplifying recipes. I like that gems are simplified.

I'm really irritated that they told us we got the enhanced Erenor feeding in 3.7 because that was obviously not true. I wasted a lot of resources.

I'm really concerned about the commerce changes.

I'm probably most excited about the new warrior necklace progression.

I am most excited about the BIG compensation they will have to give out because of the mojor ♥♥♥♥ off 4.0 patch.
    I see many bugs on liveserver and several re-starts and months of bug fixing and rebalancing.

In 3 years i've never seen such a bad patch and bad delivering of a patch.

This patch is showing how much they care about the game/balance or getting new players to the game...THEY DONT CARE AT ALL !!!
    They only want dollars.

Only one thing I'm really happy & excited about, crazy I know but so looking forward to putting my lights on and they staying on! I spent a lot of time making many wonderful lights for all my farms and houses and often spent much time switching them on when they were timed in game to go out. Then came the patch that only gave 1 hour of light before they went out, that really upset me! Just tried various streetlights and the fire brazier on PTS and they stay on, now I'm lit up 24/7, that makes me happy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5