+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you most excited about 4.0?

Surprisingly, I might actually be looking forward to the changes to iron ore nodes in 4.0. Provided Trion doesn't change they way it's currently set up in the PTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Savitar View Post
    not really, the game will become harder and more p2w and we will lose more casual, new or return or existence players who cannot afford to be heavy p2w and multi accounting as spending 12 hours per day...
    ^This^

I'm excited we finally get the 2 new hairstyles that were in the 3.5 patch notes! The smaller larder size is almost as good, since i can get nearly as many larders on a 16x16 as i could on a gazebo before.

On the flip side, RIP charcoal...

3.5 made it go up by requiring it and the previous tiers for polishes, exponentially increasing the price to craft your own gear. Hereafters are twice as expensive as Pre-Erenor. 4.0 will make it worse by adding polishes to obsidian gear (as well as dungeon mats) and charcoal for upgrading the new gems. Then there's the nerf to cargo... Less than half the profit we currently get to run cargo. While there will be slightly more cargo created by the extra aged, it will not offset the amount of charcoal needed since people will be less inclined to run T2 packs. See the Test Server Forum for more information on this subject.

It's a mixed bag, but we'll see how it plays out.

Nothing, lot of thing look bad to my eyes.
    I just wait for 4.5 balance tree skill for see if I stay or not.

You have two posts. Why not post on your main.

Quote Originally Posted by Orack View Post
    Nothing, lot of thing look bad to my eyes.
    I just wait for 4.5 balance tree skill for see if I stay or not.
    Considering they're going to be balancing the game around old gems not being in the game, you may as well pack your bags now.

New gemming system and customization. On the other hand, crit gems are going to completely break the game when damage is already broken at the high end. Would be nice if devs removed crit gems just from our version.
    Zeferres Dawncaller/Lorebreaker/Blade Dancer/HeraldYoutube

As a new player I'm finding more discouraging about 4.0 than not. There isn't even a date when we can escape the fresh start servers for one that isn't dead now that we see what server evolution has done for others.

We need more positive changes for new players, not every one has been playing 1, 2 or 3 years. Some of us are living in the gear gap.

Honestly, after 5 years of ArcheAges existence, you can still consider the game to be in beta. Constant overhauls and rehashes. While I get the changes and understand them, I don't get why, in case of the gems and buffs, have the old items still in the game to be used by players. XL nor Trion doesn't seem to understand how their current servers get impacted with their changes.

Anyone who didn't fully gem with honor before the patch, well you're out of luck, permanently lower toughness than those that did.

Didn't stock up on 1000s alchemy and cooking buffs? Well you're out of luck, people will have a huge advantage for months because they did.

Why do massive overhauls, remove recipes and bring in weaker items while you also let the old, strong ones still continue to be used but make them unacquirable?

And then I get it. Legacy is the beta game, where changes, overhauls and its consequence do not matter, leaving nothing but a huge mess while Fresh Start is the 'server wipe'.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockaWocka View Post
    Some of us are living in the gear gap.
    There was always a gear gap in aa, when 90% of the pop had arcane/heroic there was guys in celestial/divine.

The stats need revising, not killing off people's work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast