+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Change to warehouse loot mode

Change to warehouse loot mode

So as I understand it, if a warehouse is full it will automatically go into loot mode at 23:30 local eu time ( 00:30 in summer).
    So if a hostile guild brings their packs to fill your warehouse just before 22:30 utc they can then loot the warehouse, requiring the defending guild 15 lord’s Coins to repair.

This means each guild must protect empty warehouses 24/7 and have max attendance of guild members from 00:30 to 01:30 local time each day during summer (for 7 months of the year) to protect any full warehouses.

HOW STUPID CAN U GET!!!!!!!!

Every bit of this change is simply to punish the guild owning the castle... Which makes no sense at all. It makes no incentive to bother with dealing in warehouse packs anymore, which then means not bothering with territory farms anymore because it brings them nothing for their investments. Which in turn, no lord coin gains for the general population.

Don't know who could even think of changing the system to like this to undermine the entire purpose and functionality of the warehouse.

1) It is your own guild's building that you have control over. This is now completely lost with a set auto loot mode time.
    2) You invest in a building to get the most out of it. Now you pay for other people to take advantage of you and get the best out of the system instead, which again, defeats the purpose of investing in this building if you only make a loss in the scenario Madmonty described. They get 45 Lord Coins + 10 from stolen pack, and you lose 15 lord coins to fix it.
    3) The core reason why you try maximize the economy of a castle. Now it's a complete burden, so why bother? No point having more farms outside of lodestone immunity mechanic, leading to lackluster castles for the general players to get lord coins because the owners simply don't care to commit resources for a burden.

They clearly did not consider about those points. Why break something that already works? If they feel the need for contest over warehouses, there are other changes that can be set about without completely shattering the mechanics to oblivion.

I wouldn't say it "works". The rate of Lord's Coin generation is abysmally low for anyone in a guild that doesn't own a castle. It's as if to say, "if you want Erenor, you HAVE to be in a player nation." Otherwise, you have to pay those player nations for any LC you want. Where is the incentive for castle owners to keep the benches up that allow the general populace to make 4 LC per day? There isn't any, evidently. Where is the incentive for guilds to take the risky option with the warehouses that allows the warehouses to be looted? The reward for the risk clearly isn't great enough. I agree that XL needs to do something about this castle system, but perhaps reworking it entirely would be better than shoving mandated occurrences onto the existing system.
    IGN: Lyvectra
    Server: Inoch Hanure Thunderwing Kadum

The ultimate question is: What is happening in Korea/Russia? Any warehouses up? What "major" guilds have done after this change?

Please ask any Korean/Russian player/blogger you may know, let's find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindlessthinker View Post
    I wouldn't say it "works". The rate of Lord's Coin generation is abysmally low for anyone in a guild that doesn't own a castle. It's as if to say, "if you want Erenor, you HAVE to be in a player nation." Otherwise, you have to pay those player nations for any LC you want. Where is the incentive for castle owners to keep the benches up that allow the general populace to make 4 LC per day? There isn't any, evidently. Where is the incentive for guilds to take the risky option with the warehouses that allows the warehouses to be looted? The reward for the risk clearly isn't great enough. I agree that XL needs to do something about this castle system, but perhaps reworking it entirely would be better than shoving mandated occurrences onto the existing system.
    you don't have to be in a player nation to own a castle.
    "we advise refraining from appealing this decision further" - Trion Support

Quote Originally Posted by ykeara View Post
    you don't have to be in a player nation to own a castle.
    Being in a player nation or not doesn't really change the point... It's about guilds/player nations holding castles, the 1-5%...............

Yeah but its like 1 or 2 guild per server can own castles, because others have no chance.

Orrrrr, OOOOOOOOR, Just remove lord coins from essential gear crafting? I dunno, call me crazy.
    Truth:

Trion and XL games hates everything I say because its the truth and stings like fire.
    Exposing the weaknesses in your circuit would send most to react in a way to fix the chain.
    Instead we get to see an awkward teen afraid of its flaws hiding them under the rug.

At 5 gilda cost to do lord coin quests, I doubt many people that don't have to will do them anymore. So less farm workers, less benches filling, less opportunities to loot filled warehouses. 2 changes causing castles to lose a lot of value.

The amount of lordcoin needed for basically everything is too high already, now they nerfing the lorcoin gain? Wtf?
    Same with charcoal

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast