+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frustrated

Frustrated

Okay so I know the ddos isn't Trions fault but I really need to blow some steam here. The last time it happened I lost a load of packs so didn't do anymore trade runs for the entire time it was going on. I lost ALOT of gold. While I know we weren't owed compensation we received it... Not going there. It in no way made up for what was lost but lets move on.
    This time I've barely been on long enough to farm. I thought I could at least do that. Very frustrating to log back in every 10 mins or so but I did it. I was doing good this morning so thought I'd do a trade run...
    I fill my freighter up. Ready to go and then I dc. I know it's just a game but for the 5 minutes I'm trying to log back in my nerves are shot! I finally got in and my freighter is still there, full so lets see how this goes.

Edit: I made my run without a dc! The only problem was the eco-fuel is broke so it took awhile. I think I need a stiff drink lol

Quote Originally Posted by tinax37 View Post
    Unfortunately this problem does not seem urgent enough for TRION to fix immediately, instead we are kept waiting another week till the next patch hits, its just beyond comprehension!
    If you mean the DDOS thing, Trion can't fix a DDOS. While I think they should have delayed the release of 4.0 until they weren't under DDOS, or until they worked with their server provider to come up with a better mitigation plan, the fact they are under DDOS is not their fault.

If you mean the eco-fuel, Trion can't fix anything with the code of the game. They need to request a patch from XL, XL has to do the work, and then send the patch back to Trion. Again, if we had a proper PTS these sort of things would be caught, but they won't be caught if you get the build on Monday and launch on Wednesday.

The first compensation pack they gave out was the "base pack", they fully intend (and have said so several times) to give out a much better compensation once all of this is over and they know the extent of the damages that people have had to suffer through. So the pack that in no way made up for what you lost is not the only compensation they are giving out, just gotta wait until its over to get your full comp.

As for the DCs, its not Trions fault, sorry. They are doing what they can to help, and have even suggested using a few different programs (that they have confirmed you will not be banned for using) to help stabilize your connection. They know its an issue, but from what it looks like its a Comcast issue. They do not control Comcast so cannot fix it themselves. Its a waiting game while Comcast gets their crap together. I know, doesnt change the fact that its frustrating, but please remember that Trion is not the one at fault here. The compensation packs that they are giving out because of Comcast not getting their crap together is a nice gesture even seeing as its not even their fault this is happening. They understand that peoples Patron is ticking down, people are losing packs, people cant even get in to play. This is all things they are taking into consideration with the comp packs they are building. With that being said, there is a LOT going on at Trion. They have even said as much. I would imagine with already pushing back the 4.0 release, and then releasing it, the bugs and reports that come with an expansion launch, the normal customer service/reports they have to still keep up on, and then these DDoS attacks that are making things 1000x worse.....they are doing the best they can. It still stands though that the attacks arent over, so any compensation they would release would be incomplete until it is, thats why they are waiting.

I know you have probably heard it a lot already, but have patience. It sucks, we all know that. Its frustrating, yes. They are doing what they can while they wait for Comcast to get their act together.
    Charleene - East
    <The Power of Grayskull>

Carlee - West
    <Boobies>

Ceceelia - Retired Pirate (Back on East mainland)
    <The Power of Grayskull>
    <The Pirates Who Dont Do Anything>

They can fix a ddos if they get more than 1 ISP

+ Reply to Thread