+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: About changing Obsidian Path via Spellshift Orb

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    580

    About changing Obsidian Path via Spellshift Orb

    Hello,
    If I have Divine t5 pants and I turn them into a crafting material via Spellshift Orb, do I HAVE to upgrade them to t6 to change the path or is there a way to unseal them at t5, just changing the path without upgrading?

  2. #2
    Senior Member jahlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paradox HQ
    Posts
    3,139
    Obsidian gear does not get sealed to get upgraded

    Obsidian gear is just upgraded.

    Sealing it with a spellshift orb just allows you to re-open it to the other type.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    580
    Well, it doesn't quite work like "reasealing"

    https://gyazo.com/7e735ea6f77bcc3632ed0857b695f85f

    Looks like Brimstone Orb to me, just for the lower tiers. And in the recipies it only shows them being useable for the higher tiers of obsidian.

    https://gyazo.com/8854475b647f9fd758b34aaee6d9bc97

    But can I right click the orb to unseal again or something, like if I go ahead and use transmuter on ayanad gear?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post
    Obsidian gear does not get sealed to get upgraded

    Obsidian gear is just upgraded.

    Sealing it with a spellshift orb just allows you to re-open it to the other type.
    I was just looking into this, wanting to change my healer T5 shoes into the mage ones, and it seems like the spellshift orb makes the item into an 'obsidian component' which you then must tier up in order to re-choose your stats... You're right in that there is no resealing in reality, but you do need to tier up the piece to receive a sealed version. It doesn't seem to work like a transmuter does but *please* correct me if I'm wrong - I wanted my new shoes :c
    <EPYC>
    Empire of Plushies Yatas and Carebears
    #SoundsLikeEpicCosItIsLolol

    <Hostile>
    Thunderwing
    #bestyatalawyerNA
    [Moist Giant Mushroom]

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    309
    This new system is over complicated. Why not let people choice mage or healer versions when you upgrade it? Why do we need this awful spellshift orb nonsense .

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    This new system is over complicated. Why not let people choice mage or healer versions when you upgrade it? Why do we need this awful spellshift orb nonsense .
    I agree Hopefully @muzzy can reply back to us and clarify.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2
    Just so you know, i just used spellshift orb on a epic T4 staff that was unbound.

    When you perform this process it turns the item into a "bound" crafting item regardless of its previous state.

    I didn't know this as I thought the process was like the transmuter, and in this case I intended to send it back to my crafter for the final product. I now have a t5 epic staff component that I have zero mats to complete with this character!

    I have ticketed support but not holding my breath.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    580
    Wow it even binds the item if it was unbound? There is literally no good reason for this to happen, especially since the spellshift orb is tradeable. That just feels like it is done to make players deliberately miserable. Like the whole change tbh.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentient6 View Post
    Wow it even binds the item if it was unbound? There is literally no good reason for this to happen, especially since the spellshift orb is tradeable. That just feels like it is done to make players deliberately miserable. Like the whole change tbh.
    I feel miserable :\

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    580

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts