+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Xmas present event

Xmas present event

I just want to say that reducing the labor costs to 75, instead of 100 like for pumpkins, is not any better.

Specially so soon after releasing a patch that has sucked the player base dry of labor.

The argument that its to combat alt army's imo is silly, imo. People with many alts will still benefit much more from the event than those without because they have much more disposable labor. In fact adding labor to these events, compared to previously where it was time based, caters to the alt army.

75 labor seems fine to me. The last time this event was 1 labor per box the marked for lunarite was broken for months since there was a ton of it.
    Im aware that there is a high demand for lunarite atm, but an event handing it out like free candy is no solution. And since its confirmed that we have the wrong drop rate im fine with waiting a bit longer for my gems. Also you dont have to do the even if you feel like its a waste of labor. You still can profit from those doing it and buy stuff cheaper from the AH while using your labor the way you would normaly do to make gold.
    Dunning–Kruger effect - The ArcheAge community in a nutshell

What Xmas present event? Where is this going on at?

I was wondering that too. I don't see anything on the website or in the notes about this event.

Trion announced we will get the present smashing event again this year for Christmas on their livestream a couple nights ago. No other details and it hasn't started yet as of now.

To be fair to Trion, in the livestream they mentioned that they told XL that time based would be much better, and if not time based, then 50 labor or less would be desirable, and that XL refused to listen to them (Trion) and "compromised" by dropping it to 75. I should probably look up the livestream to get a source to cite, perhaps later I will. Conspiracy theorists unite I guess as to whether you believe Trion or not, but anyway...yeah.

If I'm remembering right, Trion also confirmed that the drop table from the event would be different - me personally, I'm hoping that Trion sent our suggestions from Halloween regarding the crappy drop table then to XL and XL actually read the suggestions and that this means the drop table will be better. (I suppose this could also mean different from last present smash event's drop table, which is a pretty obvious change - giving us a couple old T1 lunarite would be pretty fail.)

If you (XL) in your immense gratitude kindly reduced the labor to an insanely low 75 (/sarcasm), while simultaneously planning to "secretly" nerf our drops, we ARE going to figure it out, and there WILL be a witch hunt, a reckoning, and a price to be paid for your (XL's) actions. I doubt you're reading this XL, but consider yourself duly warned. This event had better go off flawlessly, with a better drop table than Halloween's (you'll know what better means if you actually read our feedback, so no, I'm not relisting the multiple issues with it), because right now EVERYONE is QUITE unpleased with your antics. NOTE: Not actually threatening anyone with anything, just stating facts.

If you remember with the pumpkins... basically the only people smashing them WERE alts. Personally I didn't see many mains anywhere near them, but beach full of alts on every server.

1 LP is too low, 100 LP is too high, make it at 50 LP :v

Or make it so that you can only smash a certain number of presents/pumpkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricorn View Post
    When is this event? Where's the official announcement?
    No detailed announcement yet, just a brief mention on the livestream that they were reducing the labor to 75, from 100, for an upcoming Christmas present smashing event.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast