+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: NA Connectivity issues 12/18/17 - Aranzeb and Kyrios

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Associate Producer

NA Connectivity issues 12/18/17 - Aranzeb and Kyrios

Morning everyone, we're aware of the current issue with Kyrios and Aranzeb that is making them inaccessible, and our networking team is investigating.

Update: Thunderwing is now affected similarly, our networking team is working on restoring access to that server.

Oh isn't the whole of NA having these issues then? I just assumed everyone was dc'ing on logging screen or getting dc'ed within minutes of logging in (I'm on Kyrios btw)

I'm on Thunderwing and got disconnected shortly after logging in, so it's not just these two servers.
    Laceylace
    Thunderwing
    <Shadow Fox>

4.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #4
    ArcheAge Associate Producer
    There are still connectivity issues across all of NA with disconnections, but Kyrios and Aranzeb were completely unavailable for a short time. However, those servers should be allowing players in once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinen View Post
    Morning everyone, we're aware of the current issue with Kyrios and Aranzeb that is making them inaccessible, and our networking team is investigating.
    This ...current issue...is going on now since more than one week ...it started even before the update and yet logging in is still not working any better. Get a grip on this problem or you loose much more player than you already lost with your pitiful work for your customer!

Dear Team:

I have played AA since Alpha. I've endured bad launches and slow periods, horrible player environments and toxicity and attempts to improve them. Through these years I've alternated between really enjoying the unique qualities of Archeage, and extreme annoyance at the serious mis-steps in game management.

I don't want to sound apocalyptic, but these continuing connectivity issues are seriously affecting the playability and the health of the game population. Not a day goes by that I don't hear one or more active and well known players just plain giving up. While I obviously don't have access to accurate player numbers, I can easily measure the dramatic declines by the amount of open land, the speed with which my jury order counts down, the often dead nation/faction chat, even during prime time game hours and on weekends, and other measures.

People, when they ARE able to play, are afraid to run packs, attempt family quests, participate in the new arena activities, plant crops, and on and on and on.

You have simply GOT to get a handle on these continuing problems. I recognize that you have little to no control over whether some idiot(s) somewhere decide to launch a DDoS campaign. But you DO have control over how you manage that. While I'm not a network expert by any means, I will say that people are beginning to have a hard time believing that these issues are all DDoS related, especially when only one or two servers are affected. Add to that the arguably poor decision to proceed with launch of 4.0, which includes time-limited activities and gear, in the midst of this continuing DDoS attack and/or separately-caused server instability, and you have a lot of additional player frustration on your hands.

My family is currently considering whether to renew our 6mth and 1yr subscriptions in the new year. Since there is no assurance that the game will be playable, that will be a very difficult decision to justify.

Wishing you the best of luck and skill in addressing these issues...

Jax

....sigh So when can your paying customers expect to be able to actually play the game they pay you for? It has been months now with one issue or another =(
    g

Thundering can't get past the log in screen. If this keeps up i may have to move me and my money to a different game. That's a $300 a month lose to Trion.

Thunder wing is down.
    Phattylootus

YOLOFever

Nazar

"Catch the Fever!"

This feels different.

I've been completely unaffected by the ddos dc'ing this whole time.
    but ...
    now ...
    for the first time ...

I can't login.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast