+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: suggesttion of solution for gear gap

Quote Originally Posted by Orack View Post
    Well, when you see Legendary weapon are about 80/100k gold, if you'r a casu who make ~800g/day (and lot of single account player make less) : U need ~110 day, so almost 4 mount for affort it.

4 mount for a single weapon.
    No gem, no temper, no other gear, no other any gold use.

Yup, I now why this game is full of p2w and multi-acc and why legit player go away..

Craft recipe are way to expensive, especially since 4.0.
    Regrad chance way to low.
    Mythique and Erenor shouldn't have been release, way to powerful for make something balance.
    Disparity of stat between low and high regrad weap are also way to high.

It's not about got all in an easy way.
    It's about think about ppl who have life and want to be competitive by a legit way in less than 1 year..
    The casual makes 800g a day? What does the multi f2p account no lifer make?

Quote Originally Posted by Freshstart View Post
    The casual makes 800g a day? What does the multi f2p account no lifer make?
    I can make ~1500g/day with a single char when I've time.
    So with multi-acc..

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitini View Post
    Holy crap this is kinda cool I mean they would make some money over character transfers also but Im sure on the server you describe players would also buy apex and other marketplace items.

But I see a few holes already I personally would come to these servers for finachal gains.
    It's a good idea, but I doubt there would be enough new players to actually fill a server. Also, grandfathering in to a regular server ought to have free transfers as part of the package since that's not a player option but the actual point.
    "SORRY everyone. As I said in a different post, I accidentally deleted this thread. Thankfully, our team was able to get it back."
    -Muzzy, Connectivity Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Anjos View Post
    Gamepro, i really loved your idea. I have already seen that post and in my opinion its a great idea too.

I just made this suggestion cause i dont think its fair made new players suffer for a year or more to start having fun in the game.

It would be relly nice if the GMs could hear our ideas and talk with us. I think every one wants a long good life to archeage
    I agree yeah, I definitely want new players to feel better about all gameplay from the start. I want people to have fun the moment they step into the game, have stuff to do, practice, in a really positive community that wants to continue learning and getting better.

For that reason I continue to push my solution to gear gap because it achieves exactly that while having the least chance of causing downsides in return. The Celestial free homecoming gear everyone suddenly becomes valuable, as it's much closer to Legendary/Mythic gear stats, and the game feels much more playable for everyone.

Maybe some people with Mythic/Eternal gear will get mad because the gear gap was severely reduced, but in reality all of that gear gets buffed as well. No one is allowed to complain unless they really didn't want the gear gap closed, but if they didn't, then they really weren't looking to make this game fun for all players anyways and never really wanted competition in the first place.
    Gameprooe, the Executioner of Enla West
    Solo Player, Researcher, Theorycrafter
    Playing Cursebrand full-time on Wynn

Twitch - Twitch.tv/gamepro03
    YouTube - Gamepro03
    Twitter @Gamepro03

Archeage Research & Development Discord - Now public!
    This Discord server's purpose is to mass a collection of like-minded individuals who seek to test and explore the secrets of mechanics behind Archeage. Feel free to hop on by and help out with the project!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamepro03 View Post
    I agree yeah, I definitely want new players to feel better about all gameplay from the start. I want people to have fun the moment they step into the game, have stuff to do, practice, in a really positive community that wants to continue learning and getting better.

For that reason I continue to push my solution to gear gap because it achieves exactly that while having the least chance of causing downsides in return. The Celestial free homecoming gear everyone suddenly becomes valuable, as it's much closer to Legendary/Mythic gear stats, and the game feels much more playable for everyone.

Maybe some people with Mythic/Eternal gear will get mad because the gear gap was severely reduced, but in reality all of that gear gets buffed as well. No one is allowed to complain unless they really didn't want the gear gap closed, but if they didn't, then they really weren't looking to make this game fun for all players anyways and never really wanted competition in the first place.
    Legacy servers may get a couple of new people here and there, but that's it. Any new or returning player only needs to do 2 minutes of research in any Archeage forum to see the long list of reasons to avoid legacy.
    If Trion wants any chance for this game to have a big playerbase again, they will need to focus all of their attention on the new FS server. They need to address all the reasons people left originally, fix these issues or remove them and apply all these changes to FS.

Legacy servers may get a couple of new people here and there, but that's it. Any new or returning player only needs to do 2 minutes of research in any Archeage forum to see the long list of reasons to avoid legacy.
    If Trion wants any chance for this game to have a big playerbase again, they will need to focus all of their attention on the new FS server. They need to address all the reasons people left originally, fix these issues or remove them and apply all these changes to FS.
    So you'd rather see all current progress for all current players deleted or marked useless in favor of a fresh new server with better solutions but no guarantees of actually being better? I mean look at the last two fresh start tries and the really bad one coming in KR soon that only force slows down progression, but will eventually be the same as legacy servers over time anyways as more stuff gets unlocked.

Fresh starts are bandaid temporary solutions to the real gear gap problem. That problem being solved would benefit every server equally, new or old, and allow players new or old to enjoy the game regardless of where they are. The gear gap being solved only benefits everyone, does not lock off any players from content, and does not invalidate or nullify years of progress from veteran players on legacy servers.
    Gameprooe, the Executioner of Enla West
    Solo Player, Researcher, Theorycrafter
    Playing Cursebrand full-time on Wynn

Twitch - Twitch.tv/gamepro03
    YouTube - Gamepro03
    Twitter @Gamepro03

Archeage Research & Development Discord - Now public!
    This Discord server's purpose is to mass a collection of like-minded individuals who seek to test and explore the secrets of mechanics behind Archeage. Feel free to hop on by and help out with the project!

So you'd rather see all current progress for all current players deleted or marked useless in favor of a fresh new server with better solutions but no guarantees of actually being better? I mean look at the last two fresh start tries and the really bad one coming in KR soon that only force slows down progression, but will eventually be the same as legacy servers over time anyways as more stuff gets unlocked.

Fresh starts are bandaid temporary solutions to the real gear gap problem. That problem being solved would benefit every server equally, new or old, and allow players new or old to enjoy the game regardless of where they are. The gear gap being solved only benefits everyone, does not lock off any players from content, and does not invalidate or nullify years of progress from veteran players on legacy servers.
    imo this is the only guy who understand's it and provides a perfect solution to the problem. If his solution could be implemented it would work wonders for everyone, not the current tug-of-war between the geared and non-geared.

So you'd rather see all current progress for all current players deleted or marked useless.
    Most of them do, yes

Most new or returning players would prefer not to play along side over geared toxic players who block content and progression. Or play along side players who got their gear from old exploits, cheats and other means used to progess that are no longer available.
    Based off numerous forum threads, people want this new server to start on an equal footing against all other players with new progression restrictions put in place by Trion/XL.
    It's a given this new server may fail like the others if Trion does not make big changes , but it will be alot more fun and appealing to new players even if it's for a short period.
    This obviously will not help the players on legacy servers but what about all the people that want to play again that wont go near legacy? Should they be ignored?

Most new or returning players would prefer not to play along side over geared toxic players who block content and progression. Or play along side players who got their gear from old exploits, cheats and other means used to progess that are no longer available.
    Based off numerous forum threads, people want this new server to start on an equal footing against all other players with new progression restrictions put in place by Trion/XL.
    It's a given this new server may fail like the others if Trion does not make big changes , but it will be alot more fun and appealing to new players even if it's for a short period.
    This obviously will not help the players on legacy servers but what about all the people that want to play again that wont go near legacy? Should they be ignored?
    awesome generalization there 10/10

You are right, please go to fresh start and stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    awesome generalization there 10/10

You are right, please go to fresh start and stay there.
    I will, thanks for the input.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast