+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: suggesttion of solution for gear gap

Quote Originally Posted by Freshstart View Post
    Most new or returning players would prefer not to play along side over geared toxic players who block content and progression. Or play along side players who got their gear from old exploits, cheats and other means used to progess that are no longer available.
    This is why my gear gap solution targets those exact issues, allowing any player to gear up considerably faster to a point where they become as relevant as anyone else in any dungeon, raid versus raid, and in many cases even 1v1 or small-scale engagements. They might not have Mythic weapons, but a Divine weapon would give an 85% stat boost compared to Basic while the Mythic gives a 100% stat boost from Basic, only a 15% difference compared to the 50% difference you see today. Armor working in this fashion helps tremendously well too.

Based off numerous forum threads, people want this new server to start on an equal footing against all other players with new progression restrictions put in place by Trion/XL.
    That's fine, but people don't always know what they want either. Folks just come up with solutions that seem like they might work, but I can guarantee you this- all people want to have fun. Everyone in this game wants to have fun. I'm attempting to create a solution that is fun for all players, new and old, that is incredibly efficient, easier to put together and test (for XL Games's sake), and doesn't hurt either legacy or new players.

It's a given this new server may fail like the others if Trion does not make big changes , but it will be alot more fun and appealing to new players even if it's for a short period.
    This obviously will not help the players on legacy servers but what about all the people that want to play again that wont go near legacy? Should they be ignored?
    I've bolded the exact issue with fresh start servers that you've agreed to. This is what needs to be avoided like the plague. Archeage is not an extended time Battle Royale game where you get to start clean at the beginning and see who dominates at the end, Archeage is a living breathing Social MMO and it needs to be treated as such. If people don't want to go near legacy, there are probably reasons for that that should not be ignored. Find those reasons and solve them- and as we see, the gear gap issue is a primary cause. The players being toxic or in groups already can be fought better against when the gear gap is closed better, and more importantly that exact thing is the lifeblood of Social MMOs- to get people to work together against a common enemy. This is something that server transfers really decreased, but that's another problem and it's too late to fix that anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    imo this is the only guy who understand's it and provides a perfect solution to the problem. If his solution could be implemented it would work wonders for everyone, not the current tug-of-war between the geared and non-geared.
    I also want to point out, Monolith, that if my idea is good and you like it then go continue spreading it around. I wrote it the best way I can to help teach everyone that solutions can be found in many ways. It's also an untested solution that, frankly, means it's unlikely to occur unless the community yells for it enough. Keep in mind that it's untested, so Trion and XL Games don't know if it'll encourage people to spend more money and regrade at all. Even if it brings players back and makes the game wildly popular because it's super fun or something, that's only speculation while the outcome could be bad for business. I've created an idea that seems to have the highest chance of being successful, but I will accept criticism and work with folks in order to make this idea even better, or spawn better ideas from it. I'd like the community to think in that way.
    Gameprooe, the Executioner of Enla West
    Solo Player, Researcher, Theorycrafter
    Playing Cursebrand full-time on Wynn

Twitch - Twitch.tv/gamepro03
    YouTube - Gamepro03
    Twitter @Gamepro03

Archeage Research & Development Discord - Now public!
    This Discord server's purpose is to mass a collection of like-minded individuals who seek to test and explore the secrets of mechanics behind Archeage. Feel free to hop on by and help out with the project!

Barely anyone would want to leave the "beginner server". Why would they? So they can get one sided pvp?

Most new or returning players would prefer not to play along side over geared toxic players who block content and progression. Or play along side players who got their gear from old exploits, cheats and other means used to progess that are no longer available.
    Based off numerous forum threads, people want this new server to start on an equal footing against all other players with new progression restrictions put in place by Trion/XL.
    It's a given this new server may fail like the others if Trion does not make big changes , but it will be alot more fun and appealing to new players even if it's for a short period.
    This obviously will not help the players on legacy servers but what about all the people that want to play again that wont go near legacy? Should they be ignored?
    Trion and XL need TIME for make big change.
    And what the "genius" community did ? They harass Trion and XL for a new FS soon.
    You really think is gonna be different in so little time ? GL with your hope.

FS isn't, and would never be a solution.

FS = Fun Server..... release date Trion?

Barely anyone would want to leave the "beginner server". Why would they? So they can get one sided pvp?
    Well, people would leave "beginners server" if they create some incentives. Like i said, cool eventes like red dragon, kraken, thunderwing should only exist in legacy servers.

Other things could be done, like higher taxes for houses in "beginners server", and some other things to make people want to go to legacy server.

I stopped playing like one or 2 years ago having 6.5k gear, and really would love to go back. When i tried i noticed how painfull it would be have just to "work" for a long time to catch other players.

Otherwise, i cant accept last "normal" models of fresh start that makes everyone leaves the legacy for try to conquer a new "free farm" server. Its not fair with who worked hard on legacy.

As the idea of Gamepro, i think it would also make dungeon weapons viable again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamepro03 View Post
    Once again, ideas that split the community further are only counter productive and a band-aid solution to the actual gear-gap problem, which the proposed solution by OP does not fix. It only creates an environment in which it's more fun to play for those particular players, while neglecting all others. We need to create an environment that is fun for all players regardless.

I'll just post my solution in just another one of these threads, once again...

Item Quality versus Stat charts - Near Current (missing 3.5 info) and the proposed solution to help gear gap while actually buffing everyone who currently has Epic+ Gear (making everyone feel good, hopefully, but yes still closing the gear gap). Essentially all that I've done is flipped the chart, where upgrading quality early gives more of a boost than upgrading quality in the higher tiers.

This last chart looks at each tier and named tiers. Named tiers are Illustrious, Magnificent, Epherium, etc. The chart may be a bit hard to understand, but it makes clear that between each named tier lies a 20-25% stat gap. This isn't necessary the worst thing since progressing through this gear is linear, however the gap between each gear is rather large currently, and if you stack that ontop of the quality issues that I've listed above, the gap becomes enormous between many common items. A solution here would be to possibly reduce the difference between each named tier, however I feel that the grade differences listed above are much more pressing.

I just want to ask for sure .
    Are your solution is about : reduce stats bonus of divine to eternal grade and raise the bonus stats of early grades (grand to celestial) and reduce the base stats gap of the tier ?

I will explain what i ubderstood from his idea.

Lets supose you have a scepter with 100 magic attack on normal grade:

so when you regrade it to grand it would have 200.

Than you regrade to rare it would have 290

On arcane your scepter would go to 370....and than it goes --> something like it. Than the difference between a divine weapon and a legendary woul still exists, but the legendary would not be so stronger.

I think today we have something like:

normal: 100
    rare: 110
    Arcane: 130 and tha it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chie View Post
    I just want to ask for sure .
    Are your solution is about : reduce stats bonus of divine to eternal grade and raise the bonus stats of early grades (grand to celestial) and reduce the base stats gap of the tier ?
    Correct, I've flipped the chart of stat increase per grade. While I also propose a reduction in base stat gaps of each named tier, it's less important because it's easier to progress through tiers than it is to get the highest grades possible (and progressing through tiers becomes even easier in 4.5)

This is where the grade chart proposal came from. Again these are 3.0 stats, but it's still very similar to the current system so the idea stays almost entirely the same. Top = current, Bottom = proposed. All I did was flip the increases from top to bottom, nothing special. The visualization is in the chart I showed.

Gameprooe, the Executioner of Enla West
    Solo Player, Researcher, Theorycrafter
    Playing Cursebrand full-time on Wynn

Twitch - Twitch.tv/gamepro03
    YouTube - Gamepro03
    Twitter @Gamepro03

Archeage Research & Development Discord - Now public!
    This Discord server's purpose is to mass a collection of like-minded individuals who seek to test and explore the secrets of mechanics behind Archeage. Feel free to hop on by and help out with the project!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamepro03 View Post
    Correct, I've flipped the chart of stat increase per grade. While I also propose a reduction in base stat gaps of each named tier, it's less important because it's easier to progress through tiers than it is to get the highest grades possible (and progressing through tiers becomes even easier in 4.5)

This is where the grade chart proposal came from. Again these are 3.0 stats, but it's still very similar to the current system so the idea stays almost entirely the same. Top = current, Bottom = proposed. All I did was flip the increases from top to bottom, nothing special. The visualization is in the chart I showed.

It indeed make the game easier to breath for most players . But the whale will not please XD .
    Then again , even if you use that as gear gap solution , it still take a normal player to play at least few months to get to T6 or ayanad .
    The gap between same grade but difference tiers are high .
    For example
    T1 obsidian base is 215 , T4 is 265 , ayanad is 370 and erenor is 480
    At mystic grade they are T1 430 , T4 530 , ayanad 740 and erenor 960

IDK how long it take other , but it took me nearly 2 months of few hours a day to tier up from T1 to T5 weapon and my armor still stuck at T3 . It was my plan to get to T6 in 1 month but 4.0 screwed me and make half of my material useless .
    It take me 1 month to get all my obsidian gears celestial (not count the shield , bow and lute)(few more months get 1 epic weapon 3 epic armor parts and 2 divines parts)

So with the **** up crafting of 4.0 , it will take few months for a normal player to tier up to T6 celestial and it that time 90% of them are quit because the high grade tier gap XD .

yeah. But we can`t simple do something that makes a person who work for 1 week reach a person who worked for 2 years. Its not fair in my opinion.

People who worked for more time and are a continuous client have to have some advantage in PVP and PVE. They need to be a littele bit stronger.

Otherwise, i think it would be smart if we did something that turn this "working" time (until reach high gear PVP and PVE) more fun. So everyone could enjoy the game in any moment.

Thats why i proposed a begginners server, where people woud play until they reach decent armors and weapon to play whith our actual players. Today, new people and returning people just hear:

"until you do kraken with us, you have to get an epic/legendary weapon"

"until PVP with us, you have to get an EPIc/Legendary weapon"

and the game will became craft pack - deliver pack, craft pack - deliver pack, or plant-gather - plant-gather. No more content for new players after 55.

For new players, after 55 this game became a long time orkuts farm with a dangerous ocean (LoL)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast