+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: why this game is so unbalanced in pvp?

why this game is so unbalanced in pvp?

In many other mmo like rift , wow, BDO mages clases are able to attack and move fast, why in this game everybody play melee and archer classes? im a plate mage with 10k gs with over19k physical defense, 7k resilience, 5k toughness and any dr with an epic erenor kill me in 3 seconds, why while im casting my spells and I got attacked my spells are way slower? Why mages have so long cooldown and very long cast time? I play my mage very decent but if you use plate are you suppose to die with 3 shot from an epic erenor dr?

Quote Originally Posted by zamba View Post
    In many other mmo like rift , wow, BDO mages clases are able to attack and move fast, why in this game everybody play melee and archer classes? im a plate mage with 10k gs with over19k physical defense, 7k resilience, 5k toughness and any dr with an epic erenor kill me in 3 seconds, why while im casting my spells and I got attacked my spells are way slower? Why mages have so long cooldown and very long cast time? I play my mage very decent but if you use plate are you suppose to die with 3 shot from an epic erenor dr?
    If you would play your mage decent you wouldn't die in 3 seconds with the stats you posted.
    DunningĖKruger effect - The ArcheAge community in a nutshell

Well we know you have 10k gs. What is that gs in? What percentage of the is in your weapon? Are you using a shield? What armor are you wearing? There is a lot of factors that go into this. I'm on Reckoning with 6.5k gs and there are classes that 3hit me at 4k gs. There's others that couldn't touch me at 8k gs (it's my gear v theirs).

Going up against an epic Erenor seems like it's beast no matter the class. That DR probably hits hard no matter the type of weapon that is.

People tend to put too much into numbers (GS). But it's what makes those numbers that count

Cuz DR are OP af and no brain.
    No skill player and p2w love this class.

Mage is just in game for be a punching ball.
    And with 4.5 you gonna cry alot more.

Mage is decent in raid, and in pve, that all.
    You alway will find some "pro player" telling you "u play bad, u doing wrong, leoleol wow do u die, etc.."
    Ignore them.
    Most of them don't play mage, or just use insane P2w gear for 2 shoot ppl and saying how skill they'r.

Mago is bad in AA, no point to discuss.
    It's a fast game where mobility > all.
    Mage mobility and CD skill are way to limited for be fun and usefull.

So, p2w, or get rekt.

Did you come on here to cry that you couldnt get a chain lightning off intime??
    DR takes more skill to play than mages with 10k gearscore.

All you do as a mage is godís whip godís whip and dead.

Quote Originally Posted by AKI View Post
    Did you come on here to cry that you couldnt get a chain lightning off intime??
    DR takes more skill to play than mages with 10k gearscore.

All you do as a mage is godís whip godís whip and dead.
    Yes, because tiger strike -> precision strike at 10k gearscore is so much different from a godswhip weave.

In many other mmo like rift , wow, BDO mages clases are able to attack and move fast, why in this game everybody play melee and archer classes? im a plate mage with 10k gs with over19k physical defense, 7k resilience, 5k toughness and any dr with an epic erenor kill me in 3 seconds
    What server are you in that there are a lot of archers? Last I saw, a lot of group pvp still revolves around glass cannon mages deleting everything while supported by CC.

why while im casting my spells and I got attacked my spells are way slower?
    Shadowplay > Throw Dagger?
    Distress?

...Or do you mean this?

Quote Originally Posted by Complete Cloth Set
    Increase Move Speed 3%, and decreases Casting Delay -50% when hit.
    Decreases duration of all debuffs by 20%
    As plate mage, you don't get a decrease reduction on the Slow effect, and damage you take will affect your cast bar way more than if you were cloth.

Why mages have so long cooldown and very long cast time? I play my mage very decent but if you use plate are you suppose to die with 3 shot from an epic erenor dr?
    Plate mage doesn't enjoy the cast time buffs that cloth gives, so it lends itself to instant-cast things like aura/occult, and sorcery with minimal use of cast time moves.

I think everything above is spot on

- dr is OP
    - epic erenor is OP
    - Plate + cast time = bad
    - Plate + Occult/instant cast = good

Now I can’t confirm the mage skill level required at 10k gs, perhaps when I get to 10k I will be able to catch a DR standing still long enough to drop an easy godswhip on him. I know my DR kills just fine at half that gear score, so perhaps at higher levels things do balance out for mages. Until then though I know DR are tough as ♥♥♥♥ to kill. Just be thankful you are in plate as it’s twice as hard in cloth unless you are really stacked cast time reduction.

On the bright side, skill balance is coming giving witchcraft and occultism some added mobility so hopefully there is a glimmer of hope in the future for us casters. But until then, start working occultism into your build and if you don’t already have at least a 12 button gaming mouse, the class almost requires it for pvp as there is no magical 4 button rotation you can work with your left hand for an easy win.

Hope it helps

Good hunting

What class are you playing? You just say you are a mage... I play with a mage on thunderwing that literally kills legendary buff Drs instantly... hell he wipes like 5-6 people in a <rip> raid instantly and he only uses a t7 leg staff. These same guys he is killing including erenor epic/legendary weaponed drs dont ever come close to killing him 1v1 and barely kill him when they zerg with 20. This mage is also a very high skill capped player. He plays enigmatist and spellsinger. Honestly though, the best pvp classes in the game are all mages hands down. But end game pvp mages also require the highest skill cap. So it sounds like you are a combination of poor itemization and poor skill/class.
    Panthora <Nazar> [east]

Quote Originally Posted by Panthora View Post
    What class are you playing? You just say you are a mage... I play with a mage on thunderwing that literally kills legendary buff Drs instantly... hell he wipes like 5-6 people in a <rip> raid instantly and he only uses a t7 leg staff. These same guys he is killing including erenor epic/legendary weaponed drs dont ever come close to killing him 1v1 and barely kill him when they zerg with 20. This mage is also a very high skill capped player. He plays enigmatist and spellsinger. Honestly though, the best pvp classes in the game are all mages hands down. But end game pvp mages also require the highest skill cap. So it sounds like you are a combination of poor itemization and poor skill/class.
    Somebody get this man a medal! He knows whats up. 10/10 agree with everything you said. Don't expect those complaining to accept what youre saying tho.. been there (and temp. forum banned) too many times to know better.

Its best to just assume they just want a free buff to an already good tree/class to make their lives easier.
    Nun wrong with that, balance isnt important. *giggle*
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/xXBigBossCross1?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/pewsivraj

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast