+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: why this game is so unbalanced in pvp?

The numbers in general are messed up, in part because crit gems giving everyone +68-84% crit damage. Melee can 2-shot, mages can 1-shot (where staff mage damage was already insta-kill), healers can insta-heal from 0 to full. Damage was already getting too high and here come the devs thinking "lets give everyone a permanent zeal-equivalent buff to crit damage on top of the already high damage".

Mages have a lot of cast time issues with their spells. But you can improve things with gems and gear. It it is a definite trade off. I recommend as many instant cast spells as you can for damage and mobility.

Anyone ever try adding attack speed into mage temp for faster use of instas?

Two words, lets play a game

_ A _ _
    _ _ O _

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyres View Post
    The numbers in general are messed up, in part because crit gems giving everyone +68-84% crit damage. Melee can 2-shot, mages can 1-shot (where staff mage damage was already insta-kill), healers can insta-heal from 0 to full. Damage was already getting too high and here come the devs thinking "lets give everyone a permanent zeal-equivalent buff to crit damage on top of the already high damage".
    New gems really pushed mages over the top. I was betting we would start seeing 'nerf mage' threads, but those haven't popped up yet ...

Even if you are a mage that doesn't have a top tier weapon, and can't afford the t2 crit damage/crit rate gems, spend the honor/gold to slot the t1 crit rate gems into your hat and the t1 crit dmg gems into your main hand (and off hand), and bow. I promise you will feel the difference. 80% crit rate without running songcraft (though am using aura passive) is quite honestly OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphacake View Post
    Anyone ever try adding attack speed into mage temp for faster use of instas?
    I have, but wasn't really impressed by any performance difference. I usually run auramancy anyway, so more attack speed becomes a bit redundant for me personally. Also, the only cast time skills I use are firebolt (occasionally when backdrop is on cooldown, though seldom have to use it), freezing arrow sometimes when tracks is on cooldown and arc lightning.
    "You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw." - Bill Watterson

Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Archeage is not a PvP game.

This game is all about CC
    Aranzeb - Eclectic Nation

Quote Originally Posted by luniz View Post
    This game is all about CC
    this is wrong. This game is all about occultism

If you don't have good ping, good fps, don't play sorcery. This game was made for Korean market where everyone has average 10 ping.
    If you try to play sorcery with higher ping you gonna have a bad time.
    Sorcery is the most ping related skill tree because it has AoE none target based heavy hitting skills with very high cd. If you miss those you lose the fight.
    If you still wanna play sorcery, I'd recommend you playing reaper or enigmatist but don't wonder if you can't pull it off.

I am playing phantasm and only switch to sorcery for pve nowadays.
    Even with battleping and every possible buff I managed to reach 6 mana stars/sec from 3-4 before using battleping.
    I tested with other ppl that live very close to the EU AA server and they capped at 8-9 mana stars/sec even without battleping.

Now that you understand how broken ping advantage is try to understand how unreal it will be if you try to aim God's whip on a moving target where his position on your monitor is completely different from the AA server. GL dealing dmg like that.

Tbh though sorcery imo is a useless/unplayable skill tree right now.
    Apart from 1v1 as enigmatist for those very low ping/experienced players with good keybinds it's obsolete for everything else in end game.

Very long cd, cast time and very situational. If you have a winning raid that pushes hard so you can freecast on your magic circle, then yes it's amazing.

For everything else try occultism.

If you are a healer or mage as cloth user, then DR and Rangers can kill you easily even how much you gear up. At every legacy servers in EU, full of darkrunners and rangers with +9k or +10k gear score players. And the same gear score healers and mages are getting killed so easily by these classes too. No point to complain that Trion doesn't care for +3 years and thy don't read these posts too.
    Once upon a time, a warborn was born in Prophecy and the warborn decided to play in Sirothe to gear up by farming gold in a safe,peaceful with lot's of sea salt environment

Quote Originally Posted by Savitar View Post
    If you are a healer or mage as cloth user, then DR and Rangers can kill you easily even how much you gear up. At every legacy servers in EU, full of darkrunners and rangers with +9k or +10k gear score players. And the same gear score healers and mages are getting killed so easily by these classes too. No point to complain that Trion doesn't care for +3 years and thy don't read these posts too.
    you know that 15k pdef with 4,5K+ toughness/resil is easily reachable for a cloth user? Especially when you're a healer a dr can't kill you when you are playing properly.

As a squishy mage I am way more afraid of archers than darkrunners lately. The crit damage just puts them over the top.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast