+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So far 4.5 is trending in the right direction

So far 4.5 is trending in the right direction

I just wanted to provide some feedback on what I'm hearing from omnom.io on the 4.5 update.

What I'm hearing so far largely sounds like the right direction for the game and I'm pretty excited.

I don't know much about the skill changes that are coming but I am excited that changes are coming. I am particularly commenting on the gear progression changes because I believe they will REALLY help the game.

I like the change that makes failed regrades result in a "damaged" item that can no longer be regraded further or used in a crafting recipe but can still be used, sold or fed to an erenor. This creates a bridge between ultra-high lvl gear and low level gear because it allows poor people to yolo ayanad gear and use damaged ayanad gear until they can get erernor and then they can sell their old gear or feed it to erenor. The player has a clear progression path and does not lose their investment. Also, there will always be a market for the damaged items because people will want to buy them to feed an erenor. I also like the new meta where divine ayanads have a special value but then anything over divine makes sense to yolo till it's damaged.

I like the reduced cost and erenor xp gain from everything up through delphinad because I feel like this will encourage people to transition their gear from obsidian gear into ayanad/erenor as well as create a constant demand for ayanad scrolls. You already have a viable mechanism for generating ayand scrolls (library) so this will all work out great. Also, this will reduce the consumption of charcoal which is needed until more of the population has their gems done.

It would be good to add a workbench to mirage that lets you turn stacks of library mats into some other resource. If you think about it, a person who is focused on the ayanad/erenor progression path needs to farm the library to get scroll scraps and scrolls. While doing this, that player ends up accumulating a bunch of mats that are used for the obsidian progression path. These mats are useless to that player but the problem could be easily fixed by adding a bench that allows the player to turn those mats into a resource that is useful for that progression path (ex. Honor or archeum).

I like the new default grades for crafted items. It really bothered me when I made my first Erenor and it was effectively an item downgrade until I sunk 15k or so into progressing the item. That issue disappears with 4.5. It would be good if the patch also upgraded any sub-arcane erenors to the arcane grade so players who didn't know the patch was coming don't feel ripped off. I hope you still intend to have crafting houses retain their chance to get up to +3 grades to an item crafted at them. This is a nice benefit to having one of those houses.

I like that T1 and T2 obsidian are removed. I hope future patches gradually remove the rest of obsidian. The obsidian gear system is an inferior design and needs to disappear. I feel like newer players can learn the ayanad/eternal progression system fairly easily. Frankly, I think you could make obsidian no longer craftable and it would work out but I would check with the playerbase before making that decision (I would be happy but others might not).

Players NEED to be able to select the mod that goes on their Erenor item. Erenor is obviously the future but a lot of players choose obsidian because they don't have to roll the dice and likely end up with a mod that they can't use. You REALLY need to fix this issue. The easiest fix for this issue would be to add an item that lets a player reroll a mod on their erenor item AND select the mod to replace it with. You could make an item that costs the same as an Ipnysh Blessing that serves this purpose and people would use it (Says the guy who the wrong mods on 2 of his erenors... I really hate that you did it that way. It is the single most irritating design fail in the Erenor system).

I like the addition of T3 gems and I love the new gemming system. I like how the player can play in a way that prevents them from losing progression. In short, players can unsocket gems before consuming an item so they retain the gems. This justifies the increased cost to produce gems because they are permanent. Any future level ups of gems will work beautifully with this system. A friend of mine recently returned to the game. When I told him what you did with gems he was like "it's about time they do something right". Good job on that system. I haven't heard anyone who understands that system complain about how it is designed. The only complaints I have heard are about the cost of gems but these people don't seem to understand that it is a 1 time cost to make the gem.

Please don't ever add a T8 obsidian. Instead, continue on the design of the progression to erenor gear. This path creates a much more organized and intuitive economy.

I like the addition of Eternal grade for Warrior necklace and cloak. These were no brainer adds but good adds nonetheless.

I love the new regrade rates. These combined with the regrade fail mechanics should really help new and returning players assuming they don't go down the obsidian path. This is a fundamental reason why I think you need to cut off the obsidian path as soon as possible. Returning players don't realize it's the wrong path. In fact, I still encounter people all the time that think obsidian is the "fast track" gear. It's a real problem.

The world boss and elite mobs system sounds like it will help with the current shortages of lunarite. I hope so.

The crafting commission system is a great idea because the costs to make an erenor are pretty high and encourage scamming.

Partial stacks from the AH is a great idea.

Erenor shied changes were definitely needed. It was really dumb that an obsidian shield was stronger than an erenor shield that costs many times more to craft.

Conflict period changes are great. Idle time isn't fun.

Overall, it looks like a patch to be excited about. There are a few things that could be done to make it better as I've said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post

Players NEED to be able to select the mod that goes on their Erenor item. Erenor is obviously the future but a lot of players choose obsidian because they don't have to roll the dice and likely end up with a mod that they can't use. You REALLY need to fix this issue. The easiest fix for this issue would be to add an item that lets a player reroll a mod on their erenor item AND select the mod to replace it with. You could make an item that costs the same as an Ipnysh Blessing that serves this purpose and people would use it (Says the guy who the wrong mods on 2 of his erenors... I really hate that you did it that way. It is the single most irritating design fail in the Erenor system).
    In my opinion RNG is fine. Serendipity stones don't work to reroll stats?

blocking no longer reduces received damage to 0, instead it will mitigate a certain % of damage only, defense tree skill will have a passive to increase the mitigation % by 30% for physical damage. Not sure if debuff will be applied even when the attack is blocked or not. This is a huge buff especially to archers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzitxv View Post
    In my opinion RNG is fine. Serendipity stones don't work to reroll stats?
    Serendipity stones reroll stats for costumes and undergarments. Getting a costume and undergarments to eternal grade with the stats you want is childs play compared to getting an Erenor item to epic grade with the stats you want unless you get lucky.

Erenor stats are rerolled using a very expensive scroll that takes a cryptic lucky scroll and 50 drops from each of the new zones as well as a few other things.

So basically, you spend an ENORMOUS amount of money to make the "customizeable" gear set and get random stats (That's not what I would call customizeable). Then if you don't like the stats it gave you, you spend one of those expensive scrolls to reroll the stats and take another shot at getting the mods you want. It's painful and rng hell. It gets even worse if you're going for Erenor armor which is why you don't see many people wearing it.

Now, I have an epic erenor weapon that still doesn't have the right mods on it. I spent a LOT getting that made and I can't easily fix it. I also have a unique Erenor earring that hasn't gotten the right mats yet. It costs a lot less to do an earring than it does to do a weapon but it is not insignificant considering the stat variance vs a magnificent earring is not that significant.

Don't get me wrong. The Erenor system is great. The only flaw with the system is that new mods are randomly given to you rather than selected. That is a HUGE flaw but it could be easily fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by KLMA View Post
    blocking no longer reduces received damage to 0, instead it will mitigate a certain % of damage only, defense tree skill will have a passive to increase the mitigation % by 30% for physical damage. Not sure if debuff will be applied even when the attack is blocked or not. This is a huge buff especially to archers.
    WOW

That changes a lot. HP gems on shield are starting to look a lot more attractive.

First I heard of this, mind linking a source please?

The passive your describing sounds like Shields Edge. But that only does the following:
    After a successful Block, reduces Melee Damage by 30% for 3 seconds.
    If this passive is triggered too many times, it goes on a 20 second cooldown.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

https://archeage.xlgames.com/mboards/amigo/17098?page=1

It is the sentence right above the last picture showing the new blocking mechanism

또한, 막기 효과는 발동 시 모든 피해를 방어하는 형태가 아니라 일정 비율의 피해를 감소시키게 됩니다.

Also block chance, parry chance and evasion chance no longer stack additive with each other

Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    First I heard of this, mind linking a source please?

The passive your describing sounds like Shields Edge. But that only does the following:
    It is Shield Edge but it got moved from 4th position to 10th position, and its effect was changed

방패 막기 시 받는 물리 피해 30% 감소

https://archeage.xlgames.com/mboards/amigo/17098?page=1

It is the sentence right above the last picture showing the new blocking mechanism

또한, 막기 효과는 발동 시 모든 피해를 방어하는 형태가 아니라 일정 비율의 피해를 감소시키게 됩니다.

Also block chance, parry chance and evasion chance no longer stack additive with each other
    Ok, had to dig a little, but thank you for pointing it out. As Ollolol stated this changes things... good thing I haven't starting gemming my shield yet.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    I just wanted to provide some feedback on what I'm hearing from omnom.io on the 4.5 update.

What I'm hearing so far largely sounds like the right direction for the game and I'm pretty excited.

I don't know much about the skill changes that are coming but I am excited that changes are coming. I am particularly commenting on the gear progression changes because I believe they will REALLY help the game.

I like the change that makes failed regrades result in a "damaged" item that can no longer be regraded further or used in a crafting recipe but can still be used, sold or fed to an erenor. This creates a bridge between ultra-high lvl gear and low level gear because it allows poor people to yolo ayanad gear and use damaged ayanad gear until they can get erernor and then they can sell their old gear or feed it to erenor. The player has a clear progression path and does not lose their investment. Also, there will always be a market for the damaged items because people will want to buy them to feed an erenor. I also like the new meta where divine ayanads have a special value but then anything over divine makes sense to yolo till it's damaged.

I like the reduced cost and erenor xp gain from everything up through delphinad because I feel like this will encourage people to transition their gear from obsidian gear into ayanad/erenor as well as create a constant demand for ayanad scrolls. You already have a viable mechanism for generating ayand scrolls (library) so this will all work out great. Also, this will reduce the consumption of charcoal which is needed until more of the population has their gems done.

It would be good to add a workbench to mirage that lets you turn stacks of library mats into some other resource. If you think about it, a person who is focused on the ayanad/erenor progression path needs to farm the library to get scroll scraps and scrolls. While doing this, that player ends up accumulating a bunch of mats that are used for the obsidian progression path. These mats are useless to that player but the problem could be easily fixed by adding a bench that allows the player to turn those mats into a resource that is useful for that progression path (ex. Honor or archeum).

I like the new default grades for crafted items. It really bothered me when I made my first Erenor and it was effectively an item downgrade until I sunk 15k or so into progressing the item. That issue disappears with 4.5. It would be good if the patch also upgraded any sub-arcane erenors to the arcane grade so players who didn't know the patch was coming don't feel ripped off. I hope you still intend to have crafting houses retain their chance to get up to +3 grades to an item crafted at them. This is a nice benefit to having one of those houses.

I like that T1 and T2 obsidian are removed. I hope future patches gradually remove the rest of obsidian. The obsidian gear system is an inferior design and needs to disappear. I feel like newer players can learn the ayanad/eternal progression system fairly easily. Frankly, I think you could make obsidian no longer craftable and it would work out but I would check with the playerbase before making that decision (I would be happy but others might not).

I like the addition of T3 gems and I love the new gemming system. I like how the player can play in a way that prevents them from losing progression. In short, players can unsocket gems before consuming an item so they retain the gems. This justifies the increased cost to produce gems because they are permanent. Any future level ups of gems will work beautifully with this system. A friend of mine recently returned to the game. When I told him what you did with gems he was like "it's about time they do something right". Good job on that system. I haven't heard anyone who understands that system complain about how it is designed. The only complaints I have heard are about the cost of gems but these people don't seem to understand that it is a 1 time cost to make the gem.

Please don't ever add a T8 obsidian. Instead, continue on the design of the progression to erenor gear. This path creates a much more organized and intuitive economy.

I like the addition of Eternal grade for Warrior necklace and cloak. These were no brainer adds but good adds nonetheless.

I love the new regrade rates. These combined with the regrade fail mechanics should really help new and returning players assuming they don't go down the obsidian path. This is a fundamental reason why I think you need to cut off the obsidian path as soon as possible. Returning players don't realize it's the wrong path. In fact, I still encounter people all the time that think obsidian is the "fast track" gear. It's a real problem.

The world boss and elite mobs system sounds like it will help with the current shortages of lunarite. I hope so.

The crafting commission system is a great idea because the costs to make an erenor are pretty high and encourage scamming.

Partial stacks from the AH is a great idea.

Erenor shied changes were definitely needed. It was really dumb that an obsidian shield was stronger than an erenor shield that costs many times more to craft.

Conflict period changes are great. Idle time isn't fun.

Overall, it looks like a patch to be excited about. There are a few things that could be done to make it better as I've said.
    Honestly the post is very biased and truly this is a horrible concept.

The changes are forcing out obsidian which was the easier way for newer players to make up that gap. These changes wont make it easier but more difficult.

If the game is to succeed it needs to bridge the gap in an easier fashion in the current state and with these changes it will only help if you have money to get this process started.

Making Erenor gear is great in concept but on my server the controlling factions aren't building market places which means no quests for lords coins. Without lords coins you have the challenge of making the other parts needed even to start Erenor items.
    [NA][Conviction]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast