+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So far 4.5 is trending in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrahm View Post
    Honestly the post is very biased and truly this is a horrible concept.

The changes are forcing out obsidian which was the easier way for newer players to make up that gap. These changes wont make it easier but more difficult.

If the game is to succeed it needs to bridge the gap in an easier fashion in the current state and with these changes it will only help if you have money to get this process started.

Making Erenor gear is great in concept but on my server the controlling factions aren't building market places which means no quests for lords coins. Without lords coins you have the challenge of making the other parts needed even to start Erenor items.
    I thought this thread was being sarcastic and joking until I got to this post and then realized it was serious lol.

You think it's challenging on Conviction, even worse on a few other servers.

Quote Originally Posted by KLMA View Post
    It is Shield Edge but it got moved from 4th position to 10th position, and its effect was changed

방패 막기 시 받는 물리 피해 30% 감소
    Currently its additive(So Block,Parry and evasion added on each other. Just reduced by focus). So you could go over 100% easily(especially with redoubt).
    I understood it this way: They change it to multiplicative. So you cant go over 100% due to diminishing returns. If they do so low value Foucs gets less worth, high value gets more worth but is kind of limited in use the moment the third value is on 0%.

Math Example:

60% Block
    40% Evasion
    15% Parry

Enemy is meele so all values can apply(archers can only have 2 values to fight)
    Enemy Focus 2500=5% reduction

Currently= 55(60)+35(40)+10(15)=100%(115) | Value with focus reduction(value without focus reduction) | Basically Immune to frontal Meele
    Then= 0,55(0,60)+0,55(0,60)x0,35(0,40)+0,55(0,60)x0,35(0 ,40)x0,10(0,15) =76,175%(87,6%) | Value with focus reduction(value without focus reduction) | So no longer Immune to the frontside. It gets flat out impossible to reach 100% immune unless you somehow reach up a single value above 100%(and that should technically not possible with all current variations of gear)

So its some decend change against this ridiculus classes like Stonearrow(playing it myself and its slightly feeling wrong especially against meeles/mobs).
    A wild Tigerus appeared in the high grass. Defend yourself!

Homeserver: Jakar
    Class: Honorguard (Archery/Songcraft/Defense)
    Nation: Pirate
    Guild: Baywatch
    Race: Firran

My psychiatrist said I should fight my anger at people by writing letters to them and then burning them. Now I have a bunch of letters and don't know what to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerus View Post
    Currently its additive(So Block,Parry and evasion added on each other. Just reduced by focus). So you could go over 100% easily(especially with redoubt).
    I understood it this way: They change it to multiplicative. So you cant go over 100% due to diminishing returns. If they do so low value Foucs gets less worth, high value gets more worth but is kind of limited in use the moment the third value is on 0%.

Math Example:

60% Block
    40% Evasion
    15% Parry

Enemy is meele so all values can apply(archers can only have 2 values to fight)
    Enemy Focus 2500=5% reduction

Currently= 55(60)+35(40)+10(15)=100%(115) | Value with focus reduction(value without focus reduction) | Basically Immune to frontal Meele
    Then= 0,55(0,60)+0,55(0,60)x0,35(0,40)+0,55(0,60)x0,35(0 ,40)x0,10(0,15) =76,175%(87,6%) | Value with focus reduction(value without focus reduction) | So no longer Immune to the frontside. It gets flat out impossible to reach 100% immune unless you somehow reach up a single value above 100%(and that should technically not possible with all current variations of gear)

So its some decend change against this ridiculus classes like Stonearrow(playing it myself and its slightly feeling wrong especially against meeles/mobs).
    I don't understand: I have 3,6k focus onehanded.
    where is the problem?
    Stonearrow is a decent class, but far away from being op. not even against avarage darkrunners which are bottom of the melee-foodline

Also, the Korean head developer got fired from XLgames before new year, new developers are brought in among them there are western people too

Quote Originally Posted by KLMA View Post
    Also, the Korean head developer got fired from XLgames before new year, new developers are brought in among them there are western people too
    I wonder what exactly happened there as that news came with rumors of XL restructuring again. Unless these "new" devs aren't really new (perhaps they folded in from the X4 game team), the 4.5 and remaster server update has to largely be the work of the current AA planning team and lead. Though it's good news to hear that they've got more devs on board since their plans for further revamp definitely need more skilled programmers (and if Western designers are included, valuable perspective there).

Too be honest I agree with some that stuff but like what about the major class changes. I'm not saying you cant have any class changes but some of the stuff in 4.5 destroys a large part of classes such as darkrunner. I don't agree with changes in movement of skills unless a large majority of people agree. Its a very bold move this late into the game. Its like the whole idea of abyssal skills and ancestral skills are getting ignored. Understand that a lot of this is based on what i can see from the patch. Not that i have been able to try any of these changes out but this seems like a crucial change that will make or break people more than any other patch.Also going back to talking about how dr might get nerfed I know people might be ok with such a change and if your not a dr I wouldn't really expect you to understand. Imagine a version of this game that u like being changed all together. All ur progress u worked towards this one idea of a class whether it be frontline backline or quick get in get out play style. This change may be too much. Too me i wish thinking abotu pacth changes would be about dmg scaling, skill duration time such as trip duration and immunity frequency procs like electricity immunity. there is countless mroe but those r just some examples. Even simple skill changes to see reaction would be ok. However this is just how i think of patch changes and from a NA perspective. This is also what i've thoguht in terms of pvp from a patch note perspective but we wont know till a pts and korea opinions r more absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelMage View Post
    Too be honest I agree with some that stuff but like what about the major class changes. I'm not saying you cant have any class changes but some of the stuff in 4.5 destroys a large part of classes such as darkrunner. I don't agree with changes in movement of skills unless a large majority of people agree. Its a very bold move this late into the game. Its like the whole idea of abyssal skills and ancestral skills are getting ignored. Understand that a lot of this is based on what i can see from the patch. Not that i have been able to try any of these changes out but this seems like a crucial change that will make or break people more than any other patch.Also going back to talking about how dr might get nerfed I know people might be ok with such a change and if your not a dr I wouldn't really expect you to understand. Imagine a version of this game that u like being changed all together. All ur progress u worked towards this one idea of a class whether it be frontline backline or quick get in get out play style. This change may be too much. Too me i wish thinking abotu pacth changes would be about dmg scaling, skill duration time such as trip duration and immunity frequency procs like electricity immunity. there is countless mroe but those r just some examples. Even simple skill changes to see reaction would be ok. However this is just how i think of patch changes and from a NA perspective. This is also what i've thoguht in terms of pvp from a patch note perspective but we wont know till a pts and korea opinions r more absolute.
    In fairness Darkrunners are OP with the least amount of work so putting them in line with other classes isn't a bad thing. I would be interested to see how that plays out as class balance is always a challenge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2