+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coming back to archeage after 2 years.

Question Coming back to archeage after 2 years.

Hi everyone!
    I've been playing for an year when the game came out, then i stoped cause i sold my computer (i moved to another country) and now after 2 years i got myself another one. So i wanted to come back to this great game.

I'm looking for some help cause i dont know which server to restart, and i dont know about the updates and stuff.. I used to love fishing and sometimes tradepacking, i'm not the hardcore PVP kind of player but i also like it sometimes.. and i want to play in the Nuian continent. I have probably some other questions and if someone could help me out it would be great!

Welcome back

Will you be playing EU or NA to begin with? The most populated servers for pvp (so I hear) are Tempest and Retribution for EU with Eanna being a great place for farmers to the best of my knowledge.

Fishing and trade runs have vastly changed, it's best to get read up on it while you can, someone made a cool little guide here > http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...questions-tips
    Sparxu
    Queen of Lizards
    EANNA
    <Selected Few>

STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C

Quote Originally Posted by SparxIsGrounded View Post
    Welcome back

Will you be playing EU or NA to begin with? The most populated servers for pvp (so I hear) are Tempest and Retribution for EU with Eanna being a great place for farmers to the best of my knowledge.

Fishing and trade runs have vastly changed, it's best to get read up on it while you can, someone made a cool little guide here > http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...questions-tips
    Hi,
    So i dont even know if i'm going to play NA or EU. Im from switzerland but when i used to play i was playing in Salphira (that i think it doesnt exist anymore), it was NA server. I'm gonna try to play NA i think cause i have friends that will probably join me and they're not from EU.
    I used to pay monthly apex with the little fishing thing in the EU server while i played in NA, does it still works? or is there a better way now..? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Traavis View Post
    Hi,
    So i dont even know if i'm going to play NA or EU. Im from switzerland but when i used to play i was playing in Salphira (that i think it doesnt exist anymore), it was NA server. I'm gonna try to play NA i think cause i have friends that will probably join me and they're not from EU.
    I used to pay monthly apex with the little fishing thing in the EU server while i played in NA, does it still works? or is there a better way now..? haha
    Apex is a little more expensive now, I think it's going up to about 900/1100 ish per at the moment but it can still be viable to fish. Others simply stack loyalty, or just small bits of farming per day
    Sparxu
    Queen of Lizards
    EANNA
    <Selected Few>

STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C

Apex is actually starting to drop a bit on NA....wonder how far it'll drop in a week or 2. Actually everything is dropping kinda, even charcoal and sunpoints/moonpoints/starpoints among many other items that i have noticed.

Go on legacy to find your gold method way and wait for FS. you will make at least more friend on FS than legacy one shot, ghost town.

Without any change from the horrible TRION/XL games duo, archeage legacy server will continu to flow.

Which NA server are u playing now? Do u recomend it to a farmer/fisher? (probably outrider)
    Is there any friendly active guild ?

FS? whats that? Fresh start D: ? legacy is a server? EU server? when will be the fresh start if thats what u're talking about..?

Quote Originally Posted by Traavis View Post
    FS? whats that? Fresh start D: ? legacy is a server? EU server? when will be the fresh start if thats what u're talking about..?
    FS = Freshstart, there isnt any new fresh start servers atm, they're expecting one in a few months I guess. Legacy are the collection of servers that aren't Fresh Shart.
    Sparxu
    Queen of Lizards
    EANNA
    <Selected Few>

STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C

Imo Fresh Start in EU is more toxic community than Legacy. Sure its hard to get in. but there are plenty of other "newbys". On freshstart everyone is a competitor. Why share wealth, knowledge and help with someone that could be your enemy soon? On legacy at least a good bunch knows that the "newbys" are our future. without newbys the servers might need a merge someday again.
    Its no fun to fight all day uphill.
    Its no fun to kill completly undergeared.
    Its fun to be able to compete and have people to play with. So bringing newbys to a level where they arent about to get totally ignored is what everyone should aim for. Some do. Some arent. But for me it feels slightly better on legacy.

NA i dont have clue about.

Freshstart has at the beginning a lot more players. So no space for houses and farms. Every material is "contested". So you need anyway to learn the game again on a legacy to be able to keep up. Some people only use fresh starts to accumulate wealth to transfer it after a bunch of month(6-12) over to the legacy servers(buying apex for 100g and then when Auction house opens (because of insufficient endgame materials) transfering/selling those). First few month on fresh start are intensive and its likely to find people around your gear. after that people wander off to other games, to their legacy accounts or cry to transfer away. fresh start becomes ghost town and becomes a legacy server. but this legacy is mostly emtpy(way less people than the legacys )
    A wild Tigerus appeared in the high grass. Defend yourself!

Homeserver: Retribution(EU)
    Class: Honorguard (Archery/Songcraft/Defense)
    Nation: Pirates(PN)
    Guild: DamNation
    Race: Firran

Still helping out on Haranya side with alts if needed :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast