+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cloudstrike Panther and Snow Leopard

Cloudstrike Panther and Snow Leopard

As a person that farms a lot in Whalesong Harbor this small fact always get stuck in my eyes.

There is a difference in those two type of animals alone by size and colour (IRL). Meanwhile they have no differences in ingame at all.

That is what i am exactly talking about.

So the name of the Cloudstrike Panther should be either Cloudstrike Leopard or the Snow Leopard should be Snow Panther.

2.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #2
    Hey Dragana,
    Well, now that you pointed it out, it's bothering me too. :P
    Thanks for the report. Fixed the mob to Snow Panther and the change should be in game a in a few weeks.

technically speaking a snow leopard is a white panther since a panther isn't a real animal it's just a white or very pale variant of cougars, jaguars or leopards

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panther

Quote Originally Posted by priceyknight View Post
    technically speaking a snow leopard is a white panther since a panther isn't a real animal it's just a white or very pale variant of cougars, jaguars or leopards

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panther
    A snow leopard is not a white panther. It is a completely separate species from a plain old leopard. Leopards may be called panthers, especially if they are melanistic; but snow leopards are never referred to as panthers.

Neither of these in-game cats looks much like a real snow leopard anyhow, so I don't think the differing nomenclature matters. And please don't rename my Cloudstrike Panther! I like him just as he is!
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Conviction East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Conviction West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ <Wayfarers> ~ Conviction East

+ Reply to Thread