+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: New server announced but... ? Where is it ?

  1. #1

    New server announced but... ? Where is it ?

    Hello,
    An article on the official website announced a new server. Not in december with maelstrom update, but at the start of 2018.

    Any more details about this new server ?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member wooglemoogle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostaunt View Post
    Hello,
    An article on the official website announced a new server. Not in december with maelstrom update, but at the start of 2018.

    Any more details about this new server ?
    Thanks
    There were plans of a test server for the new balance patch that just came out in KR, but supposedly because it was too difficult to coordinate all of that with the various regions, XL canceled them.

    Some kind of fresh-start server (perhaps with additional restrictions like KR's new server) has been announced to be coming out in 2018. No exact date, but I wouldn't hold my breath on anything in the upcoming months. From Trion's livestream, it doesn't seem like they've started work on 4.5 yet and a fresh-start without 4.5 is suicidal. 4.5 makes big changes to core systems, so implementing it after would basically be a gigantic ♥♥♥♥ you to all the efforts made until then, almost on the level of the TST fiasco.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Cybers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by wooglemoogle View Post
    There were plans of a test server for the new balance patch that just came out in KR, but supposedly because it was too difficult to coordinate all of that with the various regions, XL canceled them.

    Some kind of fresh-start server (perhaps with additional restrictions like KR's new server) has been announced to be coming out in 2018. No exact date, but I wouldn't hold my breath on anything in the upcoming months. From Trion's livestream, it doesn't seem like they've started work on 4.5 yet and a fresh-start without 4.5 is suicidal. 4.5 makes big changes to core systems, so implementing it after would basically be a gigantic ♥♥♥♥ you to all the efforts made until then, almost on the level of the TST fiasco.
    its not suicidal, releasing a new FS with 4.5 will be suicidal, just look at the past fresh starts especially the latest one, there will be far too many unchecked bugs/exploits/dupes(inb4anotherapexdupe) atleast releasing an FS with the current patch later on some things are actually fixed (or hopefully are you never really know), there probably won't be as many players playing the new FS compared to reckoning/vengeance and trion redeeming themselves has already passed, but the last thing they should do is kill FS in the first week.

    of course all hope is lost, i expect the next FS to be a flop just like the other ones whether its on 4.0 4.5 or some patch inbetween
    Random aussie
    $20 for patron
    $13 for apex
    FLIPPIN trino
    wheres my events damn it
    COMPENSATION OR PISSOFF ^_^

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostaunt View Post
    Thanks for the link. I probably would not have come across that, I don't look at reddit.

    Trion may be motivated to do it soon. Should provide a surge of income their way even if it's like KR. Players like vanity items from the cash shop for brand new characters. Marketplace can have a lot of items for a Fresh Start that purely aesthetic.

  6. #6
    Senior Member wooglemoogle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybers View Post
    its not suicidal, releasing a new FS with 4.5 will be suicidal, just look at the past fresh starts especially the latest one, there will be far too many unchecked bugs/exploits/dupes(inb4anotherapexdupe) atleast releasing an FS with the current patch later on some things are actually fixed (or hopefully are you never really know), there probably won't be as many players playing the new FS compared to reckoning/vengeance and trion redeeming themselves has already passed, but the last thing they should do is kill FS in the first week.

    of course all hope is lost, i expect the next FS to be a flop just like the other ones whether its on 4.0 4.5 or some patch inbetween
    It's suicidal because FS brings in new/returning players that often don't keep up with future patch notes. 4.5 has both combat meta and economic changes that has the potential to render a lot of work worthless. These changes are also more effective with a fresh start rather than in the middle of a server's lifetime when people have already gotten used to how systems work. Not to mention 4.5 actually fixes some issues that 4.0 brought in.

    Bugs/exploits/etc have been a problem in pretty much every major build for our region, for whatever reason. Releasing whatever modified FS they're planning and then 4.5 later is basically a double whammy of potential ♥♥♥♥-ups, in addition to the ♥♥♥♥-up that 4.5 changes would cause. Idk about you, but I'd prefer one potential ♥♥♥♥-up over multiple in succession.

  7. #7
    Senior Member slippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    301
    You people want MORE servers when they desperately need to reduce the amount of ones they already have lol

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Rangora
    Posts
    2,276
    Quote Originally Posted by slippy View Post
    You people want MORE servers when they desperately need to reduce the amount of ones they already have lol
    The problem is in old server: nobody want to join in as new player.
    Mistakes of the past generated too many problems. This servers need too many risky changes to make them viable in longer term. Trino will not do it. Let old server die is less risky and whales generate enough money. Less broken (or balanced - not broken) system in new server is easy way to grab new/returning players and keep them in game.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Turambaredolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Saltigon
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostaunt View Post
    Hello,
    An article on the official website announced a new server. Not in december with maelstrom update, but at the start of 2018.

    Any more details about this new server ?
    Thanks
    Link to the official article please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostaunt View Post
    This isn't an official article, but at least a part of a live stream (thanks @Qembek) and if you really watch it, all they say is: There will be a fresh start server in 2018, but no info is given on the actual date. It could be January or even December.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    Link to the official article please.


    This isn't an official article, but at least a part of a live stream (thanks @Qembek) and if you really watch it, all they say is: There will be a fresh start server in 2018, but no info is given on the actual date. It could be January or even December.
    Look at the official website : http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/...the-maelstrom/ and listen the video. They said this month

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts