+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New server announced but... ? Where is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostaunt View Post
    Hello,
    An article on the official website announced a new server. Not in december with maelstrom update, but at the start of 2018.

Any more details about this new server ?
    Thanks
    The answer is in one of the other 600 threads on this topic.

Look at the official website : http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/...the-maelstrom/ and listen the video. They said this month
    Ghostaunt, you were on the previous FS, you know that they never open a FS without giving more information before.
    FS open 10th december 2016. They gave a date 27th october : http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/...-october-2016/

I understand they wanna bring in new players and create a fresh start server but that just spreads the AA community out and makes us play with less people on each server. Free farming and not being contested is the most boring pathetic thing ever. They should be working on the gear gap and making it easier for newer players to gear up quicker to be at least relevant in game. Then maybe more players would return and new players would come and we'd see more pvp throughout out current servers and less no life potatoes. Vengeance got so bad after 4-6 months....like real bad...a full raid for anything was a rare sight...rip fresh start...make better with what you already have.

New server need to be PVE NO pvp

IM sick of this all games trying to make me go PVP. Wife would love to sail around and fish with out these little kids in there max gear. Heck I love to bring up a ship and sail it in. A PVE server just what this game need. There's a new game coming out I'm pushing for then to get a PVE server

Quote Originally Posted by yoo View Post
    IM sick of this all games trying to make me go PVP. Wife would love to sail around and fish with out these little kids in there max gear. Heck I love to bring up a ship and sail it in. A PVE server just what this game need. There's a new game coming out I'm pushing for then to get a PVE server
    No one MAKES you go pvp, there are plenty of safe zones where you can do whatever you want without being touched, they cant make the sea a damn safezone theres soooooo many things in it that rely on PVP to work (world boss contest, freed, pirates)

This isn't wow. i hope that new game u are pushing to have a PVE server isn't being built a specific way to where PVP is built into it, because if so good luck.
    Random aussie
    $20 for patron
    $13 for apex
    FLIPPIN trino
    wheres my events damn it
    COMPENSATION OR PISSOFF ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by DutchyDutch View Post
    I understand they wanna bring in new players and create a fresh start server but that just spreads the AA community out and makes us play with less people on each server. Free farming and not being contested is the most boring pathetic thing ever. They should be working on the gear gap and making it easier for newer players to gear up quicker to be at least relevant in game. Then maybe more players would return and new players would come and we'd see more pvp throughout out current servers and less no life potatoes. Vengeance got so bad after 4-6 months....like real bad...a full raid for anything was a rare sight...rip fresh start...make better with what you already have.
    The new fresh start server will end up like Vengeance but the people want what the people want and many like a new fresh start server even though a Player Nation will wreck like nothing a Legacy server has ever witnessed after just a few months. Any one that doesn't know what a PN can do to a server of accounts that are all 4 months old or less feel free to ask any one from Vengeance how they went from being "high" population to having 14 person raids for CR at 7pm EST week nights. Player Nations against factions of people who have been playing 2-3 years is called competition. Player Nations composed of whales beating down people who have been playing 1-5 months is called a fresh start server.

Those who say they know what they're in for and want their 4 months of fun can have it. It's money for Trion, it catches new players for a while. Some of the new players find out it's fun to play on legacy servers and those servers haven't been completely wrecked like fresh start servers. It's going to happen regardless of those who speak against new fresh starts. No matter the long term effects it is a surge of income and I can't blame a company for seizing that. They may as well not leave new fresh starts dead for so long though like they did with Reckoning and Vengeance. Once there are less than a dozen active (not including their alts) players on the East and West and less than 20 active members of the Player Nation because it got too boring for them to slaughter less than a dozen people at events - it's time to allow transfers out of the fresh starts and make a new fresh start server. Basically, 6 months and it's destroyed except to 3 or 4 players free farming that want to convince others the server isn't that bad. Trion you may as well get on a schedule to start a new fresh start server every 6 months, this is no exaggeration. You don't have to comment or admit to anything about Reckoning or Vengeance but we know you know what happened to those servers and without extreme restrictions it will keep happening.

Fresh start was fun for almost 4 months. The players managed to be 10x more toxic and elitist than on Kyrios which I didn't think could be possible but if you blocked out the community as much as possible it did provide a few months of fun. The best thing about Reckoning now is the kinder gentler community that came about after seeing that a toxic community doesn't come free, it can actually drive away players. A completely different community experience than fresh start 1.0 servers Morpheus and Rangora. I'm glad I didn't do anything crazy like delete my legacy character which I'll be going back to once again after the next fresh start server is wrecked. All I'm wondering about the new fresh start server is will it be wrecked by a Player Nation called Bow Wow, Ruff Ruff or can it be a name a little less dumb than Meow Meow?

Look at the official website : http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/...the-maelstrom/ and listen the video. They said this month
    If you read the article, it says "Next year" not "this month" and if you listen to what Trion says in that video, they say is "it will happen during a month in 2018, it could be July, it could be December, it will be sometime, we are not prepared to tell you when".

See/hear what is actually being said, not what you want it to say.

Until the core game is fixed, 4.5 looks to solve some of the problems, FS will always be the same. We play and have an active PvP/fun server for 2-4 months then go back to legacy or quit until next FS.
    Pyatkh - Thunderwing West

Quote Originally Posted by wooglemoogle View Post
    There were plans of a test server for the new balance patch that just came out in KR, but supposedly because it was too difficult to coordinate all of that with the various regions, XL canceled them.

Some kind of fresh-start server (perhaps with additional restrictions like KR's new server) has been announced to be coming out in 2018. No exact date, but I wouldn't hold my breath on anything in the upcoming months. From Trion's livestream, it doesn't seem like they've started work on 4.5 yet and a fresh-start without 4.5 is suicidal. 4.5 makes big changes to core systems, so implementing it after would basically be a gigantic ♥♥♥♥ you to all the efforts made until then, almost on the level of the TST fiasco.
    The new Fresh Start server may be back in time instead of what we have today. They may have a starting point of 2.9 and wouldn't be like 4.5 for a year, long after it's been wrecked by a Player Nation and left for dead. They have financial reasons to roll out a new Fresh Start sooner rather than later, not an intent for "a gigantic ♥♥♥♥ you".

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Player View Post
    They have financial reasons to roll out a new Fresh Start sooner rather than later, not an intent for "a gigantic ♥♥♥♥ you".
    That's a given. But the point is that players will not see it that way. A fresh-start that slowly builds up to 4.5 is even worse, you're basically just repeating the cycle of disaster the current Legacy servers have gone through because their ecosystems had become established enough to respond very poorly to the revamps.

If Trion was in such dire straits with their finances regarding AA, they would've pushed out a fresh-start with 4.0, because they'd have no choice. But they decided to wait because a fresh-start then, just like a fresh-start anytime soon, would be a waste of resources. They'd be knowingly sending players down to hell and they wouldn't have the kind of hype train that 3.0's server changes and content update brought to make up for it.

The only thing that'd warrant an early fresh-start would be something like the sub-only, cosmetics cash shop server that people have begged for since forever. Which granted, could happen, and if it does, that'd be pretty amazing. But it's doubtful since that'd require two fairly different builds of AA being maintained for our region (rather than just some server-side configurations), but XL can't even seem to spare enough manpower for test builds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast