+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Give all gliders Ravenspine like Immunity

  1. #1

    Give all gliders Ravenspine like Immunity

    The Ravenspine is way to OP not to give that option to all winged gliders and It has teleport as well so I ask Trion give all gliders this or something we can buy and add too all gliders the ravenspine is game breaking for us who dont have it in this PVP game!

  2. #2
    Senior Member SparxIsGrounded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,422
    Or craft an Ezi Glider?
    Sparxu
    Queen of Lizards
    EANNA
    <Selected Few>

    STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C



  3. #3
    Senior Member TenDesires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    790
    Nerfing the Ravenspine is a better idea. That glider made PvP awful.
    Thunderwing East
    Ginkan
    Solitary Dawncaller

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by TenDesires View Post
    Nerfing the Ravenspine is a better idea. That glider made PvP awful.
    Agreed, this thing is just terrible.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TenDesires View Post
    Nerfing the Ravenspine is a better idea. That glider made PvP awful.
    Unfortunately, since most were purchased with money. They run into the legal issue of fraud/bait and switching under law. You can't advertise something and then change it after people have bought it. Its why WOT simply removed the Type 59 from its store because of the imbalances it caused instead of balancing it. They can't change something after its bought, or that's legal grounds for a charge back. And before you argue the EULA, the EULA doesn't protect them from this.

    Is it unbalanced. Heck yes, but unfortunately. They can't remove the ones all ready purchased. Most they can do is remove them from the market.

  6. #6
    Senior Member slippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathvas View Post
    Unfortunately, since most were purchased with money. They run into the legal issue of fraud/bait and switching under law. You can't advertise something and then change it after people have bought it. Its why WOT simply removed the Type 59 from its store because of the imbalances it caused instead of balancing it. They can't change something after its bought, or that's legal grounds for a charge back. And before you argue the EULA, the EULA doesn't protect them from this.

    Is it unbalanced. Heck yes, but unfortunately. They can't remove the ones all ready purchased. Most they can do is remove them from the market.
    I don't believe this excuse at all.

    You could say the same thing about ANY balance changes in a paid game.

    For example let's say I purchased World of Warcraft to play Rogue only to see Blizzard make changes to the class that I disagreed with. Am I now within my rights for a chargeback? I purchased Hearthstone cards for a specific one and then Blizzard nerfed it. Can I charge back?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by slippy View Post
    I don't believe this excuse at all.

    You could say the same thing about ANY balance changes in a paid game.

    For example let's say I purchased World of Warcraft to play Rogue only to see Blizzard make changes to the class that I disagreed with. Am I now within my rights for a chargeback? I purchased Hearthstone cards for a specific one and then Blizzard nerfed it. Can I charge back?
    https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...net-rules-road

    Is where a lot of those restrictions come from. These gliders are advertised as permanent items. Changing them, would violate Section 5 of the The Federal Trade Commission Act.

    I bolded the advertised part cause that's the kicker. Here's a direct quotes from the FCC's websites

    The FTC Act prohibits unfair or deceptive advertising in any medium. That is, advertising must tell the truth and not mislead consumers. A claim can be misleading if relevant information is left out or if the claim implies something that's not true.

    , the Commission has determined that a representation, omission or practice is deceptive if it is likely to:

    mislead consumers and
    affect consumers' behavior or decisions about the product or service.


    That right there is the EULA breaker in this case. Yes Trion/XL run the game, own the code and have the right to change things. However, they have to make sure it that markets stays true to what their selling or they are in trouble. These gliders were marketed as permanent items, and they were marketed in having these abilities.

    Now, Trion could still have dealt with these gliders if they were a simple direct buy. IE, you paid 3$ dollars and got the glider. Then what excel could have done is removed the items and offer credit or a refund. Not something any company wants to do, but they be able to fix this problem.

    However, Trion/XL made this a quack mar nightmare because they put the gliders in RNG boxes. So now, instead of a simple. Oh that item was 3$ across the board. Its a variable on how much each person paid. 1 person might have gotten it off their first rng box and only bought 5 dollars of credits. Another person may have bought 30 crates costing 15$. This makes it a accounting nightmare if they wanted to remove the item and give credit/refund.

    About the only way this pay to win can be removed is a complete restart like FF14 did, and even then. I'm sure they were given credit compensation.

  8. #8
    Senior Member slippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathvas View Post
    https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...net-rules-road

    Is where a lot of those restrictions come from. These gliders are advertised as permanent items. Changing them, would violate Section 5 of the The Federal Trade Commission Act.

    I bolded the advertised part cause that's the kicker. Here's a direct quotes from the FCC's websites

    The FTC Act prohibits unfair or deceptive advertising in any medium. That is, advertising must tell the truth and not mislead consumers. A claim can be misleading if relevant information is left out or if the claim implies something that's not true.

    , the Commission has determined that a representation, omission or practice is deceptive if it is likely to:

    mislead consumers and
    affect consumers' behavior or decisions about the product or service.


    That right there is the EULA breaker in this case. Yes Trion/XL run the game, own the code and have the right to change things. However, they have to make sure it that markets stays true to what their selling or they are in trouble. These gliders were marketed as permanent items, and they were marketed in having these abilities.

    Now, Trion could still have dealt with these gliders if they were a simple direct buy. IE, you paid 3$ dollars and got the glider. Then what excel could have done is removed the items and offer credit or a refund. Not something any company wants to do, but they be able to fix this problem.

    However, Trion/XL made this a quack mar nightmare because they put the gliders in RNG boxes. So now, instead of a simple. Oh that item was 3$ across the board. Its a variable on how much each person paid. 1 person might have gotten it off their first rng box and only bought 5 dollars of credits. Another person may have bought 30 crates costing 15$. This makes it a accounting nightmare if they wanted to remove the item and give credit/refund.

    About the only way this pay to win can be removed is a complete restart like FF14 did, and even then. I'm sure they were given credit compensation.
    They advertised you buy a glider you get a glider. That doesn't mean that the glider can never be tweaked or edited in any way or it violates anti-consumer laws.

    Again, you are basically stating whenever something is edited or balanced it's immediately grounds for a violation. "This game advertised that when I shoot someone with a deagle it kills them in 1 hit but now it takes 2 so I demand a charge back" .. isn't how it works.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathvas View Post
    Is where a lot of those restrictions come from. These gliders are advertised as permanent items. Changing them, would violate Section 5 of the The Federal Trade Commission Act.
    This isn't true. The agreement you have to accept to play is that all items in game are owned by Trion, and you effectively pay to rent access to them. You should actually read the agreement sometime.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by slippy View Post
    They advertised you buy a glider you get a glider. That doesn't mean that the glider can never be tweaked or edited in any way or it violates anti-consumer laws.

    Again, you are basically stating whenever something is edited or balanced it's immediately grounds for a violation. "This game advertised that when I shoot someone with a deagle it kills them in 1 hit but now it takes 2 so I demand a charge back" .. isn't how it works.

    No I did not. I said anything that's markets, and paid for. There is a difference between advertising and saying "pay 5$ and get this item that does this" then advertising something that has no cost. IE skill rebalance patch. That's false advertising, and again where the issue comes up. If they glider was made in game, by in game methods, then it balancing wouldn't be an issue.

    Besides, even the EULA stats you will have access to what you pay for. Direct quote from Trion's own EULA.

    If you purchase a digital product through the Store (such as a Game or Virtual Item), you will (i) receive an e-mail verification of receipt of your purchase; (ii) be granted any related entitlements on your Account (such as bonus items, beta or early access, and/or a Game); (iii) be entitled to access such Game, product or service upon its commercial release

    By their own EULA, they admit you are entitled to a product, service, that you purchase.

    http://www.trionworlds.com/en/legal/...#_Toc451504953

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts