+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.5 Remastered Server MY Personal opinion

Baclkstab: if other player is not full glasscannon and you don't snipe it and chain cc it like cheeserunner you will never kill someone in this 2-3k GS disadvantage . Killing AFK player as full buffed cheeserunner is not real pvp.
    GS is not real argument. Naked cheeserunner with legendary-mythic weapon can kill any mages in 1v1. And this dr has low GS in this sample. And this is not DR only example. Any BR user can do the same, just stealth helps DRs to hit first...

Remastered servers will be XL' s 'answer' to the gear gap problem, legacy servers be damned.
    "You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw." - Bill Watterson

Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Archeage is not a PvP game.

Quote Originally Posted by pavmelas View Post
    uhm diminishing returns on regrade is all whats needed.

The extra grade that whales bought with real money would be little and it wouldnt take long for normal peeps to catch up.

levels till divine\celestial big stat gains in +20 steps and everythibng above it graudelly +1/+0,5 / 0,1 etc. stat gain.
    Whales epeen would be happy and everyone else would also enjoy not to be 1 shoted.
    Problem solved.
    This exactly! Instead of pushing higher grade gear exponentially better than the previous grade, making say, divine the point where you get diminishing returns but still worth for min-maxing to go beyond...would be such a boon to combat this games issue of being WAY to weak against the ultra geared (legendary buff w/ mythic+ weapons). Fairly sure you'd still have a ton of people trying for higher too and it wouldn't even be a hit to the wallet as much as the Dev thinks it may...its kindof a thing we do, lot of people have the 'need to have the best' mentality and those guys aren't going to disappear if you fix the items grade value curve.

4.5 will be nice with the whole, regrade not destroying the items anymore...but that still doesn't fix the main problem and will lead to people still heading out cause unless you have that super high grade stuff...you're essentially fodder in medium/large scale pvp.
    Kayci
    Darkrunner | Skullknight
    Thunderwang

Quote Originally Posted by Baclkstab View Post
    I just came back to AA 3 months ago with a gear score of 1200 and had no patron and I wasnt p2w pkus apexes wdre 1000g each. In 3 months im now at 3890'gs and im beating people with 6,000 -8500 gs and im easily 1 of the best pvpers on my server skillwize. And I can deal with a gear gap that large due to skill. This new fresh start server will drop the maximum gear gap to about 1000. This is due to divine almost being guranteed and gear tiers being limited alot. And since gha will be endgame competitive level gear you have alot of yolo chances to get mythic gear.
    You got only half of what i wrote... the gear gap is usefull for focus on all the archeage content if not you will just care about your gear and you will enjoy 5% of what the game can gives you!

Ps: if in 3 month you went to 4k gearscore this mean will take you around 2 years to get to 7,5/8k
    ( i was 4300 gearscore after 3 weeks in prophency )

The main point of my post was add a reason to enjoy all archeage contents with out getting burned out by the game

It would be awesome if, instead of release new tiers and stronger gears, XL and trion made a lot of different armors with similar status and different bonus/armor abilities like Anthalon set, auroria, Red dragon.

Until realese new content, theres no need to realese stronger armors and wepons anymore! Sometime ago i saw a guild kill Glenns in some seconds!

With this kind of system player would have another way to personalize their charcarters - Skill tree (already exist), Lunagem system (Already exist), Costumes (Already), Cloak (already exist), armor bonus (Already exist but its very limited)

Quote Originally Posted by Lusky View Post
    You got only half of what i wrote... the gear gap is usefull for focus on all the archeage content if not you will just care about your gear and you will enjoy 5% of what the game can gives you!

Ps: if in 3 month you went to 4k gearscore this mean will take you around 2 years to get to 7,5/8k
    ( i was 4300 gearscore after 3 weeks in prophency )

The main point of my post was add a reason to enjoy all archeage contents with out getting burned out by the game

only reason it took me 3 months to get to 4k gs. is because ive been working alot and traveling alot for work. so in terms of time i have for gaming at this time its only 2 hours a day. and some days i cant even login because im stuck on back to back flights.

in the past before my career got to where it is i used to play 8 hours a day (no p2w) and on a freshstart server i got to 4k+ gs in less then a week from when the server starts without p2w.

once expansion is over and i have to travel less (which will happen long before 4.5 comes out next year) ill go back to having 5~8 hours to play.

so will it take me 3 years? to gear up? no. its just my current IRL situation limits my ability to gear up fast. and when i left AA last time i had 6.7k gs that i gave away to a guild member that i did stuff with daily.

that's why i had to start over gear wize. and the only limiting factor was simply time for me.

my point was. i got to about 4k gs in 3 months and saved up 100,000g and almost have enough for a Eranor scepter which once i get ill then get started on finishing my divine obsidian which is currently 3 out of 5 pieces then tier it up to tier 5 (because once 4.5 comes out gear will change alot overally so anything over tier 5 for me atm will be pointless since id be able to grind out better gear faster then that on the normal gear crafting path.

but ultimately in 3 months at 2 hours a day. ive made 100,000g and went from 1.2k gs to 3.8k gs (3.8 only because im saving up to buy a epic Eranor scepter as a weapon and see the point of buying a Delphinad/Ayanad weapon that i will just replace soon after.

granted that was with 2 x2 drop events and using alts (which btw just about everyone runs alts)

its still alot to do in only 160~200 hours worth of time. if i had the time i used to have i could of done it in alot less time.

my whole point behind it is. even with 2 hours a day (which literally everyone should be able to do ) on the new freshstart server you will still be able to be competitive if you know what you are doing. obviously you wont be able to make as much as the p2w ppl or the no lifers but. thanks to gear gap limit the worst you have to deal with is a 1,000~2,000 geargap. which is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Baclkstab View Post

my whole point behind it is. even with 2 hours a day (which literally everyone should be able to do ) on the new freshstart server you will still be able to be competitive if you know what you are doing. obviously you wont be able to make as much as the p2w ppl or the no lifers but. thanks to gear gap limit the worst you have to deal with is a 1,000~2,000 geargap. which is nothing.
    You generated 1000 Gold/day using 2 hours/day, you have 3,8k gs and you are "competitive" vs 6-8k GS players. Thank you, Baron Munchausen!
    If we accept your "facts" somethings will not change in time:
    - you use same labors. If you spend it in 2 hours or you play 12 hours it doesn't matter. You can't spend more than your regenerated labors.
    - if you play 2 hours in new server you have gear AND level disadvantages too. If you are weak and you are in low level you lose most of good income options.
    - 1-2k GS is huge and your skills will not save you in real pvp. You know: where your opponent has viable skill combinations and where he/she can hit back after your stupid nobrain cc combo. You can kill glasscannon mages as DR maybe, but you will fail vs plate or vs weapon-shield combo BR users. (if you have low GS). GS has same limitation than labors: you can't get better gear because you spend more time to do same things. You will reach the limit where your extra investment (time) will not give you real advantage. +you will never catch p2w users. If "top" is bound to real money that game is dead in long term. P2w users can spend more than others can generate in 24 hours/day. If they can "spend" 500 hours in some hours that is not competitive as noob 24 hours/day guy.
    - TOP players in old servers have 8-9k GS. Please post any videos where you are "competitive" vs this players!

IF you can kill stronger enemies sometimes that will not change the system and the fact: better gear give you more chance to win. 1/10 win as "noob" low gear is not real "success".

In my opinion, we shouldn't get such a server in AA EU ( we even don't need another fresh server for another 2 years that current every EU servers are still dead servers with low populations, even after the merge ); because we already don't have enough people in every dead eu servers to even fight against 40 ppl player nations that dominate the whole server alone for years already ( even after server merge ). Thus, if we get such a server in EU then there will be noone left in legacy servers and more free farm to player nations without any worries ( even though, we cannot do anything to them even now ).

If we get such server for NA and EU then Trion needs to close the multi accounting, apex p2w and limit the marketplace so much and limit the character creation to only one character, no server transfer or AH merge for minimum 2 years, the castle claim issues and castle defender issues need to be solved that the 1st castle claim guild works really hard to get the castle with 2 week period after server opens and then thy lose the castle with the 1st month because thy even cannot build the castle and attackers access to siege weapons, tanks etc so easy and so many other things. Otherwise, we will experience the same fate of the two fresh servers before, which turned into ghost server and free farms and eventually even merged with other servers too after everything too late.
    Once upon a time, a warborn was born in Prophecy and the warborn decided to play in Sirothe to gear up by farming gold in a safe,peaceful with lot's of sea salt environment

The whole problem with this game is exactly what this thread started out to be. The end content is all about how much GS you have. That is sad. A game should be about content for ALL players and not just a few that might or might not be contested.

If they can update the game for more gear/change of procedures, then they certainly can update the game for more content and not just a broken down' one content ' change for a major update like they did in 4.0

Any weapon with higher than 250 DPS base should be remove to keep this game balance .
    I don't mind if they keep raising armor tiers but Lost garden weapons are fine line to keep things playable .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast